over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dexter in 2008

ALLEX

Banned
Question to those with more knowledge in competition:

What makes a guy have such a great year and never be able to repeat it again?

We've seen many guys come in great shape, do a great mutation within one year or so and then just keep it there for a while. Dorian, Ronnie, Heath, they all been through this.

Dexter was a great bodybuilder until 2007, became a force of nature in 2008 and went back to being great from 2009 on. We all know he's one of the greatest in history and is always in great condition and very sharp, but what can make a guy so much better in one given year that's not repeatable?

Question to those with more knowledge in competition:

What makes a guy have such a great year and never be able to repeat it again?

We've seen many guys come in great shape, do a great mutation within one year or so and then just keep it there for a while. Dorian, Ronnie, Heath, they all been through this.

Dexter was a great bodybuilder until 2007, became a force of nature in 2008 and went back to being great from 2009 on. We all know he's one of the greatest in history and is always in great condition and very sharp, but what can make a guy so much better in one given year that's not repeatable?
I think an even better example is Samir Banout ..he went from ...maybe never better than 7th in a pro show ..to showing up on year looking amazing ..and won the OLY ...then Lee haney cam along ..he just started dropping down the ladder ... now in Samir case he kept trying to come in heavier ..Dexter is kinda doing the same thing ..he weighed what ?? 226 when he won the big one ..now what ?? 235 more?? at some point your amazing eye apeal goes away .
Hell I always though Fles Wheeler looked his best at the Arnold one year weighing 228 ..he eventually went to 242 trying to hang with Ronnie ..didn't work .
Bigger is not always better

I think part of is what the judges are looking for? They made it clear the year dexter won that they were not looking fora mass monster that year and yes dexter looked awesome that year for sure

2008 was a much weaker lineup than 2013. A 2008 Dexter would have finished 4th in 2013 (same place he ended up this year)

Dexter looked better this year than 08 for sure! He had striations in his lower back and lats that he didnt have in 08. His quads were fuller in 08 but had more separation this year. Overrall conditioning was 5% better this year as well

Dexter is as good as ever. The man is a walking piece of art.

Maybe it's just me, but every time I see Dex's Abs it makes me think of the front of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shells (The movie, not the cartoon). Haha he has the best mid section in the game and I've never seen him ruin his prep. His midsection is so hard that it seriously looks like a turtle shell. His stomach lines are flawless and no one even compares to Dex in that area.

I agree that his physique is like art. The best way to describe his physique is just..... Beautiful.

First time I ever saw a true pro bodybuilder up close was DJ. Probably around 2005 was in Ponte Vedra Beach at TPC golf tourney. Went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and DJ came in and sat at table next to us. Was simply amazed at how massive the man was.

Its usually the black folks who have the most beautiful shape....

Phil Heath, Flex Wheeler, Dexter, all have such awesomely round muscle bellies...all tied in with that perfect X-Frame. Im most certainly envious

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws