over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dexter Wins!!

Although I think Phil should have won the show, or at least 2nd, the judges finally did the right thing by not giving the current Mr. O a pass when he obviously has been defeated... Dexter deserved it over Jay no doubt about it, and I am happy for the guy as well as the sport of bodybuilding... However, that having been said the person other than Phil that potentially got screwed last night was Toney Freeman... That guy looked awesome, and he knew it... For a guy his size, he has awesome shape, and conditioning... My pics would have been..

1. Phil
2. Dexter
3. Freeman
4. Wolf
5. Jay
6. Samuel (but would not have hurt my feelings to be ahead of Jay)

Basically Jay got a gift last night, by not placing out of the top 3 which he should have been...

Congrats to Dex. After watching the show last night it looked like Jay's waist has gotten even wider and he was starting to have some atrophy in his left lat similar to what happened to Ronnie...but it could have just been the angle of the camera shot...

Heath looked rediculous... the next Mr. O will either be him or Wolf.

I thought the top six were all incredible.

The case could have been made for any of them to win. That's my opinion.

One thing is certain. When a beautiful physique like Melvin Anthony's gets sixth in a line up- you've got some badass physiques in the line up!

I am happy for Dexter. He looked awesome.

My friend and I watched it and here were my thoughts as I looked at the line up.

There were a bunch of great bodies with awesome conditioning etc...But the guys that stood out to me were Toney Freeman and Dennis Wolf. The both had superb conditioning and were HUGE. I love the looks of a Phil Heathe type physique- Dexter, Anthony also fall into this group. I just think MR. OLYMPIA should be an imposing presence. Both Freeman and Wolf had small waists and huge flaring quads...etc. I think either of them should have won the Olympia last night. Then the other guys. I know that's not what most of you think- that's just my opinion. ;) :D

I told you cats...........

In a previous thread on this board I wrote
People, mark my word he will be the new Mr. O.
in reply to who would win the Mr. O. Well, I guess Vegas would be mine if the bet went through.

Congratulations to the IFBB for making a little bit of the right choice this year!
Dexter deserved it but Phil deserved second Third should have went to Toney Freeman and fourth to Denny Wolf 5th for Jay and Silvio or Melvin for 6th.
I agree with what most say One stop for Dexter.
Victor will be back 110% next.
Dennis will be improved.
Phil will be improved.
Kai will be in the show with hopefully his waist under control.
Toney is coming back bigger and better too.

This was Victor back in early July, trust me he's ready to get badd ass again and he knows he doesn't have to try to be 270 on stage (now to unseat a "the reigning champ") and ruin himself in the off season at 300, he can now be 240-250 ultra shredded on stage and smoke em. Thank you IFBB.
These pics were posted on this very board back in JULY. Me see no problemo at all with the thigh and injury.

Attachments

• VICTOR1 (Custom).jpg
    VICTOR1 (Custom).jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 478
  • VICTOR2 (Custom).jpg
    VICTOR2 (Custom).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 561
.and im all about large but when the champs waist is equalling the width of his back in his arms overhead abs shot.....how can you give him first place?

Are you guys faulting Jay for having a wide hip bone or are you saying he did something to make his hips wider?
Is it fair to judge a guy by there bone structure. I would think it's about what a competitor has accomplished with what they have to work with. No?

Sorry my friend I called it months ago

In a previous thread on this board I wrote in reply to who would win the Mr. O. Well, I guess Vegas would be mine if the bet went through.

Look at the thread I posted months ago. Of coarse it was still a guess. Dexter lives in my hometown so you know I wanted the hometown boy to win.

Look at the thread I posted months ago. Of coarse it was still a guess. Dexter lives in my hometown so you know I wanted the hometown boy to win.
Well, it wasn't a guess for me. Back in July when we were checking out the nationals, he told me this would be it. I had never seen D so serious about winning and at the time he said he was the heaviest he had ever been, 251lb. So i knew the package was going to be different.

Last edited:
grats dex

shit all of the bbers in mr o look incredible. thank god for bbing

O.k you win, it wasn't a guess :rolleyes: You knew all the factors.;)

Sorry just dont agree...

one thing i think everyone needs to acknowledge including Phil Heath...

Cutler got worse and worse because of his drug use and his waist (obliques). Phil is partially under his guidance and ALREADY has shown signs of what happened to Cutler (bigger obliques). Lets hope he doesnt go down that road and try to pack on too much size. If his obliques get any bigger, theyr going to KILL his taper and effect....hope hes careful

Phil lookd amazing, Wolf made huge improvements but still I think lookd pretty close to the same as last year, just better condition. And Dex... to me same physique diff show. yawn.... I easily admit I am biased towards Jay but Id rather see Phil have the crown then Dex, same ol physique every show, no improvements. Yes he is always consistent but sorry yawn.... So I hope all the Jayhaters are happy... now Dex will step into the spotlight and all the people are gonna rip him apart for all of his physique shortcomings. Good show, congrats to Dex and Phil for their placements and Jay for his 5th 2nd place finish at the O.

Goo

Phil lookd amazing, Wolf made huge improvements but still I think lookd pretty close to the same as last year, just better condition. And Dex... to me same physique diff show. yawn.... I easily admit I am biased towards Jay but Id rather see Phil have the crown then Dex, same ol physique every show, no improvements. Yes he is always consistent but sorry yawn.... So I hope all the Jayhaters are happy... now Dex will step into the spotlight and all the people are gonna rip him apart for all of his physique shortcomings. Good show, congrats to Dex and Phil for their placements and Jay for his 5th 2nd place finish at the O.

Goo
I hate when people say shit like this, if your physique is damn good why do you need to change anything, same goes for shawn ray, one of the best physiques to ever grace a bodybuilding stage but people said the same shit about him! as long as your one of the best in the world at what you do then why try and fix what isn't broke??? dex like shawn has a damn good physique and doesn't need to change shit! he's short what do you think he's gonna do come in at 270 next time? NO hes 5'7 for GOD's sake, he carries more muscle pound for pound than just about anyone on that olympia stage 5'7 235 is maxin that frame out, anymore and he's gonna get ugly (like jay) and that was shawn rays philosophy also.

I hate when people say shit like this, if your physique is damn good why do you need to change anything, same goes for shawn ray, one of the best physiques to ever grace a bodybuilding stage but people said the same shit about him! as long as your one of the best in the world at what you do then why try and fix what isn't broke??? dex like shawn has a damn good physique and doesn't need to change shit! he's short what do you think he's gonna do come in at 270 next time? NO hes 5'7 for GOD's sake, he carries more muscle pound for pound than just about anyone on that olympia stage 5'7 235 is maxin that frame out, anymore and he's gonna get ugly (like jay) and that was shawn rays philosophy also.

damn good point especially since Dex is close to 40 right?

The simple fact of him not blowing himself up to 270 with shit weight-water and fat is what kept his lines and trademark conditioning.

Body Building is about Three factors:

1. Size

2. Symentry

3. Overall Conditioning

Dexter, was the best of all 3 together. I glad to see BB judge on all 3, instead of size. I like Jay, but he missed his conditioning, He is a Mr Olympia, and nobody will be ever to take that away from him. Congrats, to all who competing in the Mr. Olympia, we all have our favorites, but not one up there isn't a champion.

congrats DEX. amazing shape.
relish the moment.

bigdaddyhd

damn good point especially since Dex is close to 40 right?

The simple fact of him not blowing himself up to 270 with shit weight-water and fat is what kept his lines and trademark conditioning.

I was just on the flexonline site: Dexter is 39. He's waited a while for this.

We haven't had a Mr. Olympia be 5'7 or under since 1982 (Chris Dickerson).
:)

So who is going to do / win the Arnold in 2009?

We haven't had a Mr. Olympia be 5'7 or under since 1982 (Chris Dickerson).
:)

So who is going to do / win the Arnold in 2009?

Depends on who's doing it. I suspect that Dex wont do it. So it can be Victor, Kai or Phil. Either way the field seems to be open and fair now. It should be a very exciting year.

Are you guys faulting Jay for having a wide hip bone or are you saying he did something to make his hips wider?
Is it fair to judge a guy by there bone structure. I would think it's about what a competitor has accomplished with what they have to work with. No?

Concrete if massive G has any pics or anyone has any pics of Jay in 2001 compared to Jay last nite you will see exactly what i mean

wow you posted that like 20 seconds after it happened...congrats you won the race to post the winner on a bodybuilding board LOL

I really have no life bro. As soon as the O ended I came to this site and opened the thread with the least amount of words so no one opened a new one while i was writting mine lol. No jk, i actrually was so amazed Jay didnt win i wanted to hear you guys' opinions on it since i really am not much of critic.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws