YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dextrose Immediately Post Workout-Your Thoughts?

heman4u

Registered
Anyone using Dextrose immediately post workout? If yes how many grams? Is there a rule of thumb to use it as per bodyweight? If yes how many grams per pound post workout? Please share your knowledge.

I used to. Now I use Karbolyn or Glycoject. Typically 50-100 grams. I was using 50g, now I do 100.

Anyone using Dextrose immediately post workout? If yes how many grams? Is there a rule of thumb to use it as per bodyweight? If yes how many grams per pound post workout? Please share your knowledge.

Use the search button on here. There are plenty of other options in terms of carb powders that can give you what you're looking for.

Search

Use the search button on here. There are plenty of other options in terms of carb powders that can give you what you're looking for.

Search

Yes I know there are other options. But, I just wanted to know about Dextrose and couldn't find answers to my questions in this thread from SEARCH. Hence, created this thread. If you can share any thread links, it will be helpful.

Nothing wrong with it, some still prefer dextrose, either powder or in the form of grape juice. I think even maltodextrin is better though, easier on the stomach IME plus it's very cheap.

Nothing wrong with it, some still prefer dextrose, either powder or in the form of grape juice. I think even maltodextrin is better though, easier on the stomach IME plus it's very cheap.

How many grams Dextrose Post Workout you think is ideal?

I only ever use it if I'm running slin, which I'm not sure I will be doing again for quite some time. If preworkout nutrition is on point, it isn't necessary, but some people like quick digesting simple carbs pwo. There's also no rule of thumb for how many, but many like to go 1:3 ratio of protein to carbs.

How many grams Dextrose Post Workout you think is ideal?

You can't really answer a question like that. Depends on how many carbs you planned to eat that say, how many you already had, how many meals you still have planned in the day, if you are trying to gain or lose weight, how much volume you did in the workout, if you took insulin after the workout and etc. It could be anywhere from 30-200 grams :D

x2

i like malto. i can have intra as well. no GI issues. 50 -60 gm or so

maltodex over dextrose. both are cheap as chips.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

You can't really answer a question like that. Depends on how many carbs you planned to eat that say, how many you already had, how many meals you still have planned in the day, if you are trying to gain or lose weight, how much volume you did in the workout, if you took insulin after the workout and etc. It could be anywhere from 30-200 grams :D

Thank You. My 'purpose' with the dextrose is to replenish glycogen levels immediately after a workout and not to adjust daily macros (carbs). So, for that 'purpose' is there a relation with bodyweight as to how many grams per pound one should take? (I am looking to build muscle not lose weight, volume is moderate, and no insulin..)

Last edited:

Long video but check out Milos @ around 19:40 He talks about this some.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sxgC_wDNfI"]Nutrition Tips - YouTube[/ame]

50g Chocolate Whey
1.5cup Cocoa Pebbles
4oz Egg Whites
12oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
Id rather actually "eat" my sugar than just gulp it down! I spent almost 15yrs riding the Dextrose hype.....9 or 10 of those years I did a 50/50 blend of Dextrose and Maltodextrin because I was a young impressionable sheep. After over a dozen years I realized one thing.........once its past your neck....sugar is sugar.
If your looking for something truly superior and great for Intra carbs, look into the high molecular weight powders like Vitargo and HBCD. Give them a try and stick with the one that fits your budget and is easiest on your stomach/digestion.
Post workout......Pre workout.....find something u actually enjoy. Like kids cereal, rice krispy treats, white rice.

Dextrose is crap

Thank You. My 'purpose' with the dextrose is to replenish glycogen levels immediately after a workout and not to adjust daily macros (carbs). So, for that 'purpose' is there a relation with bodyweight as to how many grams per pound one should take? (I am looking to build muscle not lose weight, volume is moderate, and no insulin..)

Depending on how long it's been since your last meal, last influx of carbs, intensity/duration of training, you most likely will never be in a state where you "need" to replenish glycogen to the point that dextrose would be more beneficial than any other type of carbs.

Only studies I've seen that have really shown a benefit to replenishing glycogen as rapidly as possible were looking at the sleep low approach but that really only applies to endurance athletics like long distance running, not so much weight lifting.

Totally cool to use dextrose, but I'd just use the amount of carbs you'd normally have in your post workout meal instead of finding the right number, as it's going to vary per person.

Low/no fat food sources for my carbs post workout. Cream of rice, the right brand of bagels, sugar cereal, etc. Mostly breakfast type food because this is usually a 9am meal post workout

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner