YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dextrose, Karbolyn or Vitargo after Insulin?

Bio-hazard

Registered
What are you guys using now? Back 5/6 years ago I just used simple Dextrose. I could get away with as low as 7-8g of dextrose per IU of insulin (Humalog). Haven't ran slin in a while now but just seeing what you guys are doing for your protocol now. Mine was always simple:

Post workout training: Xx IU
Wait 15min then have my Dextrose shake
Wait 20min then have my protein drink
1 hour have a meal, meat and carbs zero fat.

I could get away with 7-8g per IU all the way up till I used 10iu then I HAD to use the 10/1 ratio to not go hypo. So at 10iu I had to use 100g dextrose. Thats just how my body worked.

The newest carb on the market is Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin. Its what is used in Intra MD (prime nutrition), thats what i use. It has basically everything you need in it, i just add creatine and gycerol.

Glycofuse by Gaspari is just HBCD, so you would need to add EAA's or Whey or Pepto pro. Or you could make your own blend...

Hbcd, just make sure u use plenty of water or u could get gi discomfort...

HBCD's for sure. So easy on the stomach like nothing else I've ever used.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I Mix intra md with karbolyn from TN to make the intra last longer. When mixing i just add eaas or add some hydrolyzed orange flavored whey to mix with the intra md. I also add 10g glutamine 10g creatine with glycerol like above.

Ok so if I used HBCD how would I dose it out gram per IU? Any certain ones you guys recommend? And I must be behind the times bc what is Glycerol and why do you use that after insulin?

I was so simple. Just dextrose and a protein shake lol I got great results and even leaned out a bit. This is all becoming too complicated again haha

Last edited:
Hbcd, just make sure u use plenty of water or u could get gi discomfort...

Yes this is good advice. You need a lot of water with HBCD. I have a big 64oz shaker i got on Amazon which is good for 3-4 scoops of intra md, depending on how much slin im doing. All this slin talk is making want to run it again, its been a while. I been dieting so no slin all summer.

I've never used HBCD post workout but it's easy to drink 2 to 3 scoops in 1500ml of water through a workout. That would be tricky post workout.

Any desire to try insulin pre-workout using Mike Arnold's protocol? I just started and enjoying it very much.

The attached pic is the container I use. The largest one on the left.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1438620296028.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438620296028.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 726
Literally EVERYONE is going to recommend HBCD (get it from Intra-MD).

Synthetek needs to come out with an HBCD product, no brainer to call it SyntHBCD.

Honestly it just all seems too much for the average gym rat. Maybe using insulin for the average gym rat is too much as well, however dextrose and gram for IU its a very simple and effective protocol that I got great results from. Ill probably just stick to what I know works and works for my body. No need in fixing whats not broken. I prefer my slin post workout as its easier to time on the body and safer imo.

Dextrose i puke soon after.

HBCD and oats ground into powder (coffee grinder) works for me

Switching from Vitargo to HBCD I actually gained some weight while leaning out. It was well worth the switcg for me

Karbolyn is what I use. I work part time at a supp shop and I don't mind buying all the ingredients separate as it comes to the same price anyways.
Like a few have mentioned dilute it with as much water as you can and don't chug it either as it can cause gi issues

Ok so here is my question/confusion....

With Dextrose you simply took 10g per 1iu (roughly).

With HBCD would I do the same? Does the Carb ratio come out to the same with Humalog? (I prefer the fast acting slin)

So say I take 5iu. Do I do 50g of HBCD 20min post injection as I would do with dextrose?

The question I'm getting at is, if I switch to HBCD, does the normal protocol change? For now, I'm just talking about carbs.

I've never used HBCD post workout but it's easy to drink 2 to 3 scoops in 1500ml of water through a workout. That would be tricky post workout.

Any desire to try insulin pre-workout using Mike Arnold's protocol? I just started and enjoying it very much.

The attached pic is the container I use. The largest one on the left.

NY, Is there any certain place you go to get the size of that bottle? I've been trying to come across finding a plain bottle that big, aside from using finished grape juice bottles..

If you are ok with dextrose then that will be fine. Whilst HBCD's are massively superior to dextrose I do think many overcomplicate things. Most of the best bodybuilders I know probably haven't even heard of HBCD's. One of the best bodybuilders on this site is in contest prep now for a big show and he is having the drink Oasis during training ;) Although I say the previous I have to agree with the guys though and would definitely recommend HBCD's. They are far superior to anything else I have used. Whilst most of these fancy new supplemetns are not essential HBCD's have definitely made a big difference to me.

I have anything from 25-100g intra training. I haven't used slin for awhile but was using LR3 at 200mcg the other month. I am actually getting rid of my intra carbs for a bit but when I get back on slin they will definitely be added. My usual routine is...

4-5 Whole eggs cooked in coconut oil with 2 pieces of Rye Bread

1 hour or so

10IU Novolog followed by a protein smoothie. Usually pineapple, banana and lemon with whey isolate.

Go to the gym.

Intra shake of 50-75g HBCD's and 30g EAA's (long workout)

Post workout meal usually something like chicken with pasta.

NY, Is there any certain place you go to get the size of that bottle? I've been trying to come across finding a plain bottle that big, aside from using finished grape juice bottles..

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OPO95M/ref=twister_B004RYSPT8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com : Nalgene Lexan Square Storage Bottle (64-Ounce) : Sports Water Bottles : Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41aS%2B80HB9L.@@AMEPARAM@@41aS%2B80HB9L[/ame]

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131