over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dextrose or Maltodextrin?

JD70

Registered
Newbies
Hi brothers I've been wanting to try some intra workout carbs in my bcaa drink to see if it helps my endurance and I don't "shit the bed" as Seth Feroce so eloquently put it. Just trying to decide between dextrose and Maltodextrin. Any knowledge or experience with these? Was thinking of about 25mg intraworkout, and maybe some after too. Thanks, JD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I made a mix of these two 50/50 from TN. No issues pre/intra/post.

What I like about TNs versus everyone else's is that theirs is rice based versus the usual corn based. No bloat or indigestion especially in lower doses that you mentioned.

I made a mix of these two 50/50 from TN. No issues pre/intra/post.

What I like about TNs versus everyone else's is that theirs is rice based versus the usual corn based. No bloat or indigestion especially in lower doses that you mentioned.
Thanks but what's TN, besides where I'm from? :)

if you have a lot of money to spend- HBCD
if you have money to spend- Karbolyn
if you don't have money- gatorade powder

Hell...if you're going to go with Gatorade you may as well go with some Hershey's chocolate syrup in some skim milk and get a real sugar buzz :D

Thanks friends that's some good info. I've used NOW dextrose before but couldn't tell much, but I was also eating like shit and now I've seen the benefits of eating the right food, macros, and calories, but I sometimes have a hard time getting it all in, plus not wanting to give out too soon in the gym for lack of carbs. I'm starting a test, deca, dbol, proviron cycle Oct 2 and aim to gain 10+ quality lbs in 12-14 weeks. I'm 5'7 173#, want to be 185#.

NOW makes some pretty low cost Maltodextrin (carbo gain) and dextrose products. I'll check out those other products mentioned. I believe I saw some of these by bulk supplements on amazon too. They normally have supposedly pure products really cheap. I should say low cost.
Good stuff, if anyone thinks of anything else let me know, and if anyone has had better experience with Maltodextrin or dextrose let me know- for workout endurance and bulking.
JD

Thanks friends that's some good info. I've used NOW dextrose before but couldn't tell much, but I was also eating like shit and now I've seen the benefits of eating the right food, macros, and calories, but I sometimes have a hard time getting it all in, plus not wanting to give out too soon in the gym for lack of carbs. I'm starting a test, deca, dbol, proviron cycle Oct 2 and aim to gain 10+ quality lbs in 12-14 weeks. I'm 5'7 173#, want to be 185#.

NOW makes some pretty low cost Maltodextrin (carbo gain) and dextrose products. I'll check out those other products mentioned. I believe I saw some of these by bulk supplements on amazon too. They normally have supposedly pure products really cheap. I should say low cost.
Good stuff, if anyone thinks of anything else let me know, and if anyone has had better experience with Maltodextrin or dextrose let me know- for workout endurance and bulking.
JD

Just use pixie sticks or bottlecaps... taste better, or Gatorade powder....

Just use pixie sticks or bottlecaps... taste better, or Gatorade powder....
Thanks man that's right I used to chug pixie sticks but just post workout. They are solid dextrose.

X2. Gatorade powder isn't the most ideal but it's primarily dextrose , and if your on a budget glucose is less metabolicly detrimental then sucrose

I went with Carbo gain by NOW. Wanted to try Maltodextrin. I've used dextrose before and want to compare. I put 25g into my 50g protein drink which I drink a little PWO and the rest after, and also add 25mg to my intraworkout bcaa/Taurine drink. I have more endurance plus it's helping me get the carbs required for bulk. I think it was $20 for 8 lbs, and dextrose about the same for 10 lbs. on amazon.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner