over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

dextrose or oats when you wake up

wasp

Kilo Klub Member
so i've always done 2 to 1 ratio dextrose to whey pwo, and oats in my morning shake, but now i'm starting to wonder if dextrose is better than oats first thing in the am, what do you guys think?

Gotta have my oats in the morning! Yummmm:love:

If you have very low insulin resistance, a high dose of dextrose can be enough to send you hypo an hour later, I'd stick with oats or some other healthy carb.

If you have very low insulin resistance, a high dose of dextrose can be enough to send you hypo an hour later, I'd stick with oats or some other healthy carb.

would this be an issue in am and not pwo?

so i've always done 2 to 1 ratio dextrose to whey pwo, and oats in my morning shake, but now i'm starting to wonder if dextrose is better than oats first thing in the am, what do you guys think?

whats wrong with two ripe banannas. dextrose is too simple and oats are too complex. I allways follow my morning shake with oats and egg whites.

And unless you reveal some new info to me, I don't see a purpose to ever using dexrose unless you're injecting insulin. On that note, I wouldn't use dextrose in the am unless I was doing am slin

Most of the time I either just fast until lunch or have a protein shake/eggs in the morning. Ive been much more lean since I started this.

It's all about the oats...2 scoops myofusion or carnivore with 2 scoops instant oats. Yumm:)y!!!

I like a bowl of raw oats with a chopped up banana in am for carbs, couple of pork loins 4 eggs and a few scoops if peanut butter on top and im gtg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It would depend on my glucose levels in the am, if i am low, dextrose and oats, if not, just oats.

Oats, no matter what. For me anyway.

Oh man steel cut oats with vanilla extract, Cinn, nutmeg and a Tablespoon of peanut Butter so dam good.

And unless you reveal some new info to me, I don't see a purpose to ever using dexrose unless you're injecting insulin. On that note, I wouldn't use dextrose in the am unless I was doing am slin

not sure if serious

so you're saying unless you're doing slin you don't need to worry bout restoring glycogen as quickly as poss pwo to jumpstart the repair process? that's news to me, go on

Most of the time I either just fast until lunch or have a protein shake/eggs in the morning. Ive been much more lean since I started this.

hard gainers are going to lose 10lbs after reading that comment and applying it

It's either oat's and eggs, or oatmeal pancakes - (1 cup ground, 1 scoop whey, tspn baking powder, cinnamon, and two eggs - with just enough water to make batter) MMMMM. :headbang:

hard gainers are going to lose 10lbs after reading that comment and applying it

I am and was always a hard gainer. The idea that as a bodybuilder and a hard gainer that you have to eat a meal every 4-5 hours is just plain wrong. I remember many a mornings when I would wake up and not even be hungry, but look at the clock and say its time to eat. If we would listen to our bodies more we would all have a better physique. Eating on the clock is not the way to do it. Now if I wake up in the morning and feel starved, then yeah I will eat a meal of eggs and some vegetables but I wont make myself eat just because its "time" for breakfast. Some days you might eat 5 meals, some days you might only eat 2. When I started bodybuilding I was just 16 yrs old and weighed 145 lbs at 6 foot tall. I always had to fight for every pound. It works for me now, thats all I can say. Phil turned me on the eat when hungry. I had suspected all along that I was wrong in making myself eat by the clock, and when Phil told me I was wrong I listened finally.

not sure if serious

so you're saying unless you're doing slin you don't need to worry bout restoring glycogen as quickly as poss pwo to jumpstart the repair process? that's news to me, go on

You really believe glycogen is completely, or close to completely, depleted just because youre exhausted? I use oats in the post workout phase. While I understand the synergy, dextrose is not my way.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity