over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

dextrose or oats when you wake up

I am and was always a hard gainer. The idea that as a bodybuilder and a hard gainer that you have to eat a meal every 4-5 hours is just plain wrong. I remember many a mornings when I would wake up and not even be hungry, but look at the clock and say its time to eat. If we would listen to our bodies more we would all have a better physique. Eating on the clock is not the way to do it. Now if I wake up in the morning and feel starved, then yeah I will eat a meal of eggs and some vegetables but I wont make myself eat just because its "time" for breakfast. Some days you might eat 5 meals, some days you might only eat 2. When I started bodybuilding I was just 16 yrs old and weighed 145 lbs at 6 foot tall. I always had to fight for every pound. It works for me now, thats all I can say. Phil turned me on the eat when hungry. I had suspected all along that I was wrong in making myself eat by the clock, and when Phil told me I was wrong I listened finally.

I agree to an extent, but most hard gainers are just kids that lack the appetite to eat enough to grow. When you delve into their diet, they are stuffed all day and eating 2900 calories with a fast metabolism. I don't think it matters much to have 9 meals, but I do believe total calories must be monitored and then force fed if you don't have the appetite to break maintenance.

A "hard gainer" usually just cant eat enough to grow. So sometimes eating when you're hungry isn't enough. Thats what gets them labeled to begin with.

Last edited:
I agree to an extent, but most hard gainers are just kids that lack the appetite to eat enough to grow. When you delve into their diet, they are stuffed all day and eating 2900 calories with a fast metabolism. I don't think it matters much to have 9 meals, but I do believe total calories must be monitored and then force fed if you don't have the appetite to break maintenance.

A "hard gainer" usually just cant eat enough to grow. So sometimes eating when you're hungry isn't enough. Thats what gets them labeled to begin with.

Well, I know as a kid in high school that I used to eat quite a bit of crap and still stayed lean and so getting fat wasnt a big worry.I still was not very lean by bodybuilding standards though, I was probably around 15% or so . . Later on even in college it caught up with me and I started eating better quality foods but I was eating too much even then. I guess if you dont mind looking like a powerlifter then eat by the clock. So I see your point about young kids, but most on here are at least young adults age 20-30 and even by then the metabolism has slowed some and you have to watch the over eating.

Sorry for sounding stupid, but r u guys mixing your out into your myofusion shake? if so what else u adding?

whats wrong with two ripe banannas. dextrose is too simple and oats are too complex. I allways follow my morning shake with oats and egg whites.

I tried having a banana pre-workout a couple of times with whey, and it turned me hypo so bad I had to leave the gym before I had even started training.

I train at 8:30 or 9AM, and oats pre-workout seems to be doing the trick. I make sure I wait a good 90-120 min. after I eat them before I hit the gym though, or else I haven't fully digested them and training becomes a pain in the ass.

oats. if i have egg whites,itll be w/ cooked oats, if it has to be a quick breakfast then a protein shake and raw oates.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws