over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dextrose pwo

TallMan

Registered
Ive been taking 30 grams of hydro whey and 60 grams dextrose post workout for a while now. A friend of mine gold me its bullshit to take dextrose or any other fast carbs if youre not taking insulin.

Is this true?

no you want fast acting carbs when you wake up and pwo to restore depleted glycogen levels. I like waxy maize myself for nutrient shuttle. now if you introduce insulin then you will just increase the amount of fast acting carbs, but insulin is very dangerous and for 99% of people out there it is not needed.

You are taking Whey hydro and that reduces fat and that is good - but the dextrose, to my understanding, is fattening. You have gone to the expense of using Hydro - why not use Waxy Maze? That, like hydro, passes through the stomach without releasing insulin and is absorbed through the duodena - thus reducing bloat and does not make you fat.

Another satisfied Waxy Maize user here.

I just went through a 5lb tub of waxy in bout 2 month. First time using an I'm hooked!!!!!

I used to use dextrose powder in morning and before workouts but felt like it waste of money when you could just eat foods that were high in carbs

You are taking Whey hydro and that reduces fat and that is good - but the dextrose, to my understanding, is fattening. You have gone to the expense of using Hydro - why not use Waxy Maze? That, like hydro, passes through the stomach without releasing insulin and is absorbed through the duodena - thus reducing bloat and does not make you fat.

sugar is only stored as a fat when glycogen levels are full. when sugar is utilized it is not fatning such as first thing in the morning or after a workout. I feel waxy maize is better, however, sugar is not converted straight to fat unless you do not use it.

no you want fast acting carbs when you wake up and pwo to restore depleted glycogen levels. I like waxy maize myself for nutrient shuttle. now if you introduce insulin then you will just increase the amount of fast acting carbs, but insulin is very dangerous and for 99% of people out there it is not needed.

Yeah, but people who take insulin take prolly about 60 gram dextrose with about 8iu insulin. That's why I'm wondering if my buddy is right about me taking the 60 gram is useless and I get the same results with only the whey.

I see a few friends at the gym hitting up waxy maize- although i've not personally done any research on it, is there a consensus on what brand u guys are getting the best results on?

Yeah, but people who take insulin take prolly about 60 gram dextrose with about 8iu insulin. That's why I'm wondering if my buddy is right about me taking the 60 gram is useless and I get the same results with only the whey.

well one insulin is completely different story and will make you fat very easily so you try to take the least amount of carbs possible while not going hypo. i take about 120-150 fast acting carbs pwo when i am not on slin. I am not sure how much you weigh or what your goals are but your muscles need to feed after a workout so you have to feed them and feed them quickly which a slow acting carb will not do.

Obviously this doesn't apply if you are using SLIN but here is a quote from Layne Norton...

"You don't NEED an insulin SPIKE to maximize anabolism. All you need is a moderate rise in insulin and get enough protein to maximize anabolism. I do not support taking a bunch of sugar to 'spike' insulin"

Obviously this doesn't apply if you are using SLIN but here is a quote from Layne Norton...

"You don't NEED an insulin SPIKE to maximize anabolism. All you need is a moderate rise in insulin and get enough protein to maximize anabolism. I do not support taking a bunch of sugar to 'spike' insulin"

i would agree with that if you are not on steroids, however, if on steroids you want to take advantage of protein synthesis that steroids raise and load as many nutrients as possible in that 3 hour window so yes an insulin spike is desired if your goal is mass. now if you just want to lean up then no you do not need an insulin spike.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131