over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

dhea/pregnenolone/progesterone The forgotten bloodtests

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I think many of use get metabolic panels and cbs's as well as thyroid,estro,test when we check our hormones but many neglect dhea, pregnenolone and progesterone. Ive been on hrt for a while and have always had low dhea and low pregnenolone. At the same time my progesterone has been elevated. Oral dhea did nothing for me. Sublingual did nothing as well. Now I use John Crislers 100mg/ml dhea transdermal and when using 100mg/ml per day it keeps my levels just in the average range. When I used 100mg/ml of pregnenonlone my levels were in the low/avg range. These hormones probably all play a connecting role and it seems to be tough to figure out the right forumla to get them all up to par. I wanted to post this b/c for all of you who get bloodwork done, spend the extra $$ to test these next time b/c they may be really off.

The increase of your progesterone could be correlated with you using hCG. The use of Androgens and Anabolics decrease pregnenolone, 17-hydroxypregnenolone, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), 5-androstene-3 beta, 17 beta-diol, progesterone and 17-hydroxyprogesterone ← both testicular and adrenal.

Another benefit of using hCG stimulates testicular 17-hydroxyprosterone. Which both progesterone and 17- hydroxyprog metabolizes to Allopregnenolone which is a potent modulator of GABA-A receptors. It's been suggested that Physiological levels of Allo are neuroprotective to age related degenerative effects of cognitive decline, memory loss as well Alzheimer's.

I also pull DHEA-S, Progesterone four times a year, and Pregnenolone once a year. Have you tried supplementing with MLM (micronized lipid matrix) DHEA or Pregnenolone? I've never used Dr.Crisler's DHEA or Preg, I've heard nothing but good from those that have used it.

I have not tried MLM but I doubt anything oral will work for me. Im glad to know aas will cause a decrease in dhea and preg b/c I was wondering why I was low. As for progesterone I have been on 500iu 2x per week the past 8yrs with hrt only recently switched to 250iu. I was using life extension 25mg sublingual dhea tabs and taking 100mg daily. My results came back in normal range but on the lower end(114 range 30-700). I switched to 100mg transdermal and my results came back at 352 but then 6months later 188(still using same transdermal) so I dont know whats up with my body absorbing dhea. I never had a base pregnenonlone level but I tried out 100mg per day of the transdermal from dr. c and my results came back at 18ng/dl It didnt have a ref range though, just said adults <151. I was kinda bummed and it gets really expensive with the transdermals so I just discontinued the pregnenonlone.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131