over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DHEA

Supplemental DHEA (if sub optimal-- deficiency is present) goes beyond boosting libido and sex hormones. Even then, that's up for debate and has shown more promising for females than males.

I know several "in-the-know" clinicians that highly recommend supplemental DHEA.

Maybe individuals should "research" the biological processes involved in neurogenesis, endothelial function, antiglucocorticoid activity, vascular remodeling, ect.

To avoid first pass degradation, I'd suggest taking 25mg sublingual.

Stewie - I just got my wife on order from LE. Unfortunately I missed that they came in sublingual form - what dose (in general I know it’s not possible to diagnose here) would you suggest?
I am blessed to have a wife that is extremely interested in maximizing her health / well-being and open to supplementation (although I think any form of AAS would be out of the question)
From research - it seems that DHEA helps support healthy eggs in females as well as a host of other benefits.

Alpha Gainz and Iconic Formulations both make TD DHEA and Preg, in combo and individual. TD gives nice slow consistent release vs oral/SL. Price is very cheap, less than 10 a month for the DHEA at 50/day. 25mg a day and you would get a month for 5 bucks. Pretty cheap to see if you get an improved sense of well-being.

I personally think DHEA is overrated. if you're on HRT with an anti-e your good to go. Ive read up thoroughly on DHEA and see no real benefit and no real science to back up the so called benefits.

EVERY time I've supplemented with DHEA I started getting gyno symptoms and I'm not gyno prone to the strongest AAS. I wont use it again for that reason alone.

Dr. Crisler recommends dhea for TRT

The CRISLER HCG PROTOCOL - Part Deux - Dr. John Crisler

On TRT my dhea was low so I started off with oral DHEA and blood work showed no improvement. Then I tried sublingual and improvement was minimal. Then I switched to 30 mg transdermal DHEA(life-flo) and my levels went within normal range. There is blood test DHEA and urine. They seem to be different as my blood showed normal but my urine showed slightly high.

Stewie the genius mentions it here:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...nolone-progesterone-forgotten-bloodtests.html

Last edited:
All due respect to Musclemoose, I've decided to take 25mg sublingually because the idea of accepting DHEA lowering just doesn't appeal to me. Should be able to start Monday morning.
If your DHEA is in range, it shouldn't really matter if it's on the lower end.

https://examine.com/supplements/dehydroepiandrosterone/

Just do your research there. I mean they pretty much says every study out there proved "unreliable" or results were "insignificant". And there are many studies. I only use supplements with science to back it up. Dhea is not one of those. Thats for sure.

I have done plenty of exploring on the benefits of DHEA. And determinants as well. Kamal didn't squash every study he cited. Re-read it, its within.

For the most part, I selectively prefer to use double blind randomized placebo controlled long-term trials. Animal model's as well as in-vitro/in-vivo are helpful with some basis of understanding on different cell cross-talk and the pharmacodynamics/kinetics of supplements/drugs. Their useful and I'll use them occasionally.

I have the utmost respect for Kamal and his team. I'll use Examine for reference every now-and-again. There's a collaboration of useful information at that site. Though they tend to use these methodologies more often than not. Examine has left several of these consequential studies out when they was gathering some of their epidemiological studies.

I'm not interested in an internet pissing match. Although, apparently you haven't done thorough investigations and its use as you say you have or you wouldn't have made the statement you did. I'm certain you use supplements that aren't backed up with science. In the recent past i seen a supplement you're taking that's questionable at best. Examine has even noted it. We all have :)

Around the time when (a few years back) John Meadows and Swifto had asked if I'd be interested in writing on their website, in which i declined. I also received an email from Kamal, which was systematically sent to several other subscribers. I replied "thanks for the offer, tho it's not fitting at this time". I revived no reply back. Which I was cool with.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Pregnenolone vs DHEA Stewie? I have an opportunity to try it out for free but would prefer not to waste my time if there is little research to support its' benefits.

Thoughts on Pregnenolone vs DHEA Stewie? I have an opportunity to try it out for free but would prefer not to waste my time if there is little research to support its' benefits.

I personally see no harm in their use. I use both in sublingual form.

As for preg and DHEA dosage, I'll use 25mg of each daily.

I have done plenty of exploring on the benefits of DHEA. And determinants as well. Kamal didn't squash every study he cited. Re-read it, its within.

For the most part, I selectively prefer to use double blind randomized placebo controlled long-term trials. Animal model's as well as in-vitro/in-vivo are helpful with some basis of understanding on different cell cross-talk and the pharmacodynamics/kinetics of supplements/drugs. Their useful and I'll use them occasionally.

I have the utmost respect for Kamal and his team. I'll use Examine for reference every now-and-again. There's a collaboration of useful information at that site. Though they tend to use these methodologies more often than not. Examine has left several of these consequential studies out when they was gathering some of their epidemiological studies.

I'm not interested in an internet pissing match. Although, apparently you haven't done thorough investigations and its use as you say you have or you wouldn't have made the statement you did. I'm certain you use supplements that aren't backed up with science. In the recent past i seen a supplement you're taking that's questionable at best. Examine has even noted it. We all have :)

Around the time when (a few years back) John Meadows and Swifto had asked if I'd be interested in writing on their website, in which i declined. I also received an email from Kamal, which was systematically sent to several other subscribers. I replied "thanks for the offer, tho it's not fitting at this time". I revived no reply back. Which I was cool with.

Would still love you too :)

I’m down to contribute to a GoFund Me for Stewie to get him to write articles for any of those publications :)

These are the areas of research I'm intrigued with.

**broken link removed**
Dehydroepiandrosterone Supplementation in Healthy Men with an Age-Related Decline of Dehydroepiandrosterone Secretion

Lp (a) reduction

After 4 months of DHEA, high density lipoprotein cholesterol increased significantly (baseline vs. 4 months: DHEA, 51 ± 15 vs. 57 ± 18 mg/dl; P = 0.011), but did not differ from that after 4 months of placebo (i.e.56 ± 17 mg/dl). Total cholesterol, low density lipoprotein cholesterol, and triglycerides did not change significantly. Lipoprotein(a) showed a trend toward a decrease after DHEA treatment [baseline vs. 4 months: DHEA, 12.6 ± 13.3 vs. 10.3 ± 10.3 mg/dl (P = 0.11); placebo, 12.6 ± 12.7 vs. 12.0 ± 15.2 mg/dl (P = 0.47)].

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3444670/
Dehydroepiandrosterone replacement therapy in older adults improves indices of arterial stiffness

Conclusion
DHEA replacement in elderly men and women improves indices of arterial stiffness. Arterial stiffness increases with age and is an independent risk factor for CVD. Therefore the improvements observed in the present study suggest that DHEA replacement might partly reverse arterial aging and reduce CVD risk.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/19752325/
Dehydroepiandrosterone reverses systemic vascular remodeling through the inhibition of the Akt/GSK3-{beta}/NFAT axis.

CONCLUSIONS: We suggest that the orally available DHEA might be an attractive candidate for the treatment of systemic vascular remodeling, including restenosis, and we propose a novel mechanism of action for this important hormone and drug.

**broken link removed**
Dehydroepiandrosterone Reduces Plasma Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Type 1 and Tissue Plasminogen Activator Antigen in Men

Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) may help prevent heart disease in men. To test the hypothesis that DHEA might exert its effects by enhancing endogenous fibrinolytic potential, a double-blind, placebo-controlled study was conducted that assessed the effects of DHEA administration on plasma plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) and tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) antigen. Eighteen men received 50 mg DHEA orally and 16 men received a placebo capsule thrice daily for 12 days. Serum DHEA-sulfate and plasma PAI-1 and tPA antigen were measured before and after treatment. In the DHEA group, serum DHEA-sulfate (from 7.5±1.2 μmol/L to 20.2±1.5 μmol/L (P<0.0001), androstenedione (from 2.6±0.2 nmol/L to 4.0±0.4 nmol/L; P<0.005) and estrone (from 172±21 pmol/L to 352±28 pmol/L; P<0.005) increased, whereas plasma PAI-1 (from 55.4±3.8 ng/mL to 38.6±3.3 ng/mL; P<0.0001) and tPA antigen (from 8.1±1.9 ng/mL to 5.4±1.3 ng/mL; P<0.0005) decreased. In the placebo group, serum DHEA-sulfate declined slightly from 8.0±3.3 μmol/L to 7.3±3.4 μmol/ L (P<0.05), but no other measured steroid changed. Plasma PAI-1 and tPA antigen did not change in the placebo group. These findings suggest that DHEA administration reduces plasma PAI-1 and tPA antigen concentrations in men.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3156603/
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) replacement decreases insulin resistance and lowers inflammatory cytokines in aging humans

Plasma dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) decreases ~80% between ages 25 and 75 yr. In a preliminary study, we found that 6 mo of DHEA replacement improved insulin action in elderly individuals. The purpose of the present larger, randomized double-blind study was to determine whether a longer period of DHEA replacement improves glucose tolerance. Fifty-seven men and 68 women aged 65 to 75 yr were randomly assigned to 50 mg DHEA or placebo once daily. Year one was a randomized, double blind trial. Year 2 was an open label continuation. DHEA replacement improved glucose tolerance in participants who had abnormal GT initially, reduced plasma triglycerides, and the inflammatory cytokines IL6 and TNFα.

https://www.physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajpendo.1995.268.1.E107?journalCode=ajpendo
DHEA administration increases rapid eye movement sleep and EEG power in the sigma frequency range

Dehydroepi-androsterone (DHEA) exhibits various behavioral effects in mammals, at least one of which is enhancement of memory that appears to be mediated by an interaction with the gamma-aminobutyric acidA (GABAA) receptor complex. We investigated the effects of a single oral dose of DHEA (500 mg) on sleep stages, sleep stage-specific electroencephalogram (EEG) power spectra, and concurrent hormone secretion in 10 healthy young men. DHEA administration induced a significant (P < 0.05) increase in rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, whereas all other sleep variables remained unchanged compared with the placebo condition. Spectral analysis of five selected EEG bands revealed significantly (P < 0.05) enhanced EEG activity in the sigma frequency range during REM sleep in the first 2-h sleep period after DHEA administration. In contrast, the EEG power spectra of non-REM sleep were not affected, nor were the nocturnal time course curves of plasma cortisol, growth hormone, or testosterone concentration. The results suggest that DHEA administration has a mixed GABAA-agonistic/antagonistic effect, exerted either directly or through DHEA-induced changes in steroid metabolism. Because REM sleep has been implicated in memory storage, its augmentation in the present study suggests the potential clinical usefulness of DHEA in age-related dementia.

Well not sure which supplement im taking that is questionable at best. But recently my DHT was high and I used Saw Palmetto and Nettle Root for 3 months and levels went from 150 to under 100. Had liver values in the 100s and took TUDCA and Milk Thistle and now under 100. I also take betaine anyhdrous, creatine and l-citrulline as well for my pre-wkt. And fish oil, coq10 and vitamin d. thats it right now. i do alot of labs to find out what works and what doesnt. So now ive stopped the saw palmetto and nettle root as well as the tudca and milk thistle and in 6 months ill see where my levels are again. maybe you are referring to those that are questionable. but my doctor recommended those and i told him id try. He said it works for his patients and so far it lowered my dht and liver values considerably. but like i said none of the doctors ive had have dhea on their supplement list or have bothered to test for it.

Last edited:
These are the areas of research I'm intrigued with.

**broken link removed**
Dehydroepiandrosterone Supplementation in Healthy Men with an Age-Related Decline of Dehydroepiandrosterone Secretion

This is what stood out to me...

After 4 months of dehydroepiandrosterone, no effect on sexuality was observed, whereas some mood scores improved slightly, but were not significantly different from scores after placebo. Compared with placebo, dehydroepiandrosterone had no effect on serum lipids, bone markers, body composition, or exercise capacity. Thus, in contrast to previous findings in adrenal insufficiency, we found no obvious benefit of 4 months of dehydroepiandrosterone supplementation in healthy men with a physiological decline of dehydroepiandrosterone production.

Does 7-Keto have the same benefits as regular DHEA?

Does 7-Keto have the same benefits as regular DHEA?

I tried 7-keto under recommendation of my coach while cutting for a show (took it with l-carnitine). i personally didnt notice any difference from prior times i cut for shows (when i wasnt taking it). As far as health benefits there were no improvements in my labwork i get done regularly (every 3-6 months).

Last edited:
I tried 7-keto under recommendation of my coach while cutting for a show (took it with l-carnitine). i personally didnt notice any difference from prior times i cut for shows (when i wasnt taking it). As far as health benefits there were no improvements in my labwork i get done regularly (every 3-6 months).

I went down a rabbit's hole on google trying to find out if it increased blood levels of DHEAS but couldn't find any info. If you're saying it didn't raise yours, then that tells me it's ineffective. I already know the fat loss effects of it are negligible.

I went down a rabbit's hole on google trying to find out if it increased blood levels of DHEAS but couldn't find any info. If you're saying it didn't raise yours, then that tells me it's ineffective. I already know the fat loss effects of it are negligible.

Oh you asked if it had "same benefits" as dhea. i saw no benefit at all. and again i dont get tested for dhea. doctor doesnt have me go for that specific test. dont know what docs opinion is of it but i believe dhea is bunch of phony bolony.

Last edited:
I’m down to contribute to a GoFund Me for Stewie to get him to write articles for any of those publications :)

I would pay $1000 if he would add to ncbi. Imo ncbi and examine are the best. Selfhacked is pretty good as well for layman’s terms followed by research on examine and ncbi

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131