over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DHT Blockers

brucepancake

Registered
I know this has probably been discussed at length but if I take a product that stops DHT for hair loss will it affect any gains I am making? I am thinking about taking either Procerin or Hairomega. Has anyone tried these products with any results?

Thanks

http://www.ergo-log.com/finasteridetestosterone.html
5aR-inhibitors generally don't negatively influence gains. Androgen receptor antagonists on the other hand may also be active in muscle tissue, so systemic activity must be avoided. I assume you want to apply the products locally on the head areas where hair begins to recede? IF done right in terms of duration on skin, dosing, etc., not much of the compound should go systemic. But nobody really knows for sure how safe it is.

Last edited:
They have all natural pills now that when certain ingredients are combined. Saw palmetto being one it stops DHT.

They have all natural pills now that when certain ingredients are combined. Saw palmetto being one it stops DHT.

After reading a few thousand pages of hair loss forums I believe that saw palmetto doesn't help with hair loss. I continue to take it for prostate health though.

I know this has probably been discussed at length but if I take a product that stops DHT for hair loss will it affect any gains I am making? I am thinking about taking either Procerin or Hairomega. Has anyone tried these products with any results?

Thanks

Both the products you just listed are complete garbage. Saw Palmetto does next to nothing for hair loss, even at mega doses, and the rest of the ingredients in those 2 product formulas aren't even worth discussing.

To combat DHT, you will either need Finasteride/Dutasteride, or RU58841, and a Ketoconazole shampoo would be a solid addition as well.

Yes systemically reducing your DHT with Finasteride or Dutasteride may have a negative effect on your body composition.

How much, that is impossible to say, but it sure as shit will not help.

There's a reason guys load up to the gills with DHT derivatives pre-contest, and use DHT derivatives like Proviron for the SHBG effect that can improve the efficacy of other AAS you are using.

Last edited:
Both the products you just listed are complete garbage. Saw Palmetto does next to nothing for hair loss, even at mega doses, and the rest of the ingredients in those 2 product formulas aren't even worth discussing.

To combat DHT, you will either need Finasteride/Dutasteride, or RU58841, and a Ketoconazole shampoo would be a solid addition as well.

Yes systemically reducing your DHT with Finasteride or Dutasteride may have a negative effect on your body composition.

There's a reason guys load up to the gills with DHT derivatives pre-contest, and use DHT derivatives like Proviron for the SHBG effect that can improve the efficacy of other AAS you are using.

I must have misspoke about saw. It must have been another supplement. Just started reading about it . So the herbal pills are useless? I cant be the only one on here who isnt ready to give up their hair yet.

So the herbal pills are useless? I cant be the only one on here who isnt ready to give up their hair yet.

Yes.

And you aren't, you just haven't done enough research yet to know what's effective. There are plenty of guys here conscious about their hair loss and have effective regimens in place to keep it.

i would reccomend topical propecia, hasson and wong in vancouver has a rx form you can take to your doc and they will ship you the formula. its expensive but if you are concerned about negatives of lowering systemic dht it is a better option. then there are research products like RU which could potentially be unsafe in the long run but apparently work very well. the issue is that it isnt backed up by the same level of safety studies as a pharma product like propecia.

i used to take propecia, and this was before getting on TRT, and it started to give me gyno when ive never had it ever in my life. i think its worthwhile to take if you are on high testosterone doses, but im off it now as i believe there are better ways to tackle the issue. there may be some long term effects of dht inhibition that we arent fully aware of yet. as far as mood and stuff, i definately notice more libido and better quality of erections now that im off it and have higher level of androgens (obviously). if i were taking high doses of testosterone i would probably temporarily run finasteride again, but i cant see myself taking it as my everyday med anymore. it does work, though.

in the end its just hair, if you are balding really bad its probably best to just accept it and become comfortable and happy with your appearance. hair transplants are really the only way to permanently fix the problem. not saying dont take reasonable steps to preserve your hair, but go read the level of neuroticism and pathetic nature of the guys in hair loss forums. being bald isnt their main problem, its the way they view themselves and their appearance. ironic to tell bodybuilders this, but you get my drift

if you are in canada and want to use finasteride, get the doc to prescribe the 5mg proscar. its significantly cheaper and my doc had no problem helping me save money. take half a tablet every other or e3d, reading the dose curves from studies shows theres no big difference in dosing like this. its like aromasin that it binds to the enzyme rather than to dht directly so you dont need to be exact with dosing. propecia 1mg pills are a giant ripoff, literally $130+++ for a few month supply versus like $25 for proscar

i also use 2% nizoral almost everyday, its too much to use everyday if you dont have cropped or shaved head because it ruins hair quality but it does a very good job of keeping itchyness down. i cant attest to if it actually scrubs off dht but it seems to halt shedding.

i have a really bad scar on my head from a car accident so im getting hair transplants, i have slightly receded temples from maturation and will get them to just touch those up as well. ive been lucky so far, 31 with no major issues (knock on wood) but all males in my family and ext family are bald!!! so i looked into hair loss treatment early.

Last edited:

hey, i just got ru and the solutin KB from chemyo, is it reccomended to only mix up a week's worth of stuff at a time, or do you prepare the whole 50ml or whatever size the bottle is? i read some people recommend only make up a short term amount because of degredation, etc. which is annoying but i can do it if its essential

hey, i just got ru and the solutin KB from chemyo, is it reccomended to only mix up a week's worth of stuff at a time, or do you prepare the whole 50ml or whatever size the bottle is? i read some people recommend only make up a short term amount because of degredation, etc. which is annoying but i can do it if its essential

Put 2.5 grams into the KB solution, shake it up until it is totally dissolved, throw it in the fridge, ready to go.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am not bald yet and I like to keep short hair . Maybe a 1 inch clipper. But in the back in a circle it isnt growing in like it use to. Its there but not the same thickness as the rest.
Would love to get it all the same around.
Im going to try thr RU and ask dr. for prosar so we will see.

i would reccomend topical propecia, hasson and wong in vancouver has a rx form you can take to your doc and they will ship you the formula. its expensive but if you are concerned about negatives of lowering systemic dht it is a better option. then there are research products like RU which could potentially be unsafe in the long run but apparently work very well. the issue is that it isnt backed up by the same level of safety studies as a pharma product like propecia.

i used to take propecia, and this was before getting on TRT, and it started to give me gyno when ive never had it ever in my life. i think its worthwhile to take if you are on high testosterone doses, but im off it now as i believe there are better ways to tackle the issue. there may be some long term effects of dht inhibition that we arent fully aware of yet. as far as mood and stuff, i definately notice more libido and better quality of erections now that im off it and have higher level of androgens (obviously). if i were taking high doses of testosterone i would probably temporarily run finasteride again, but i cant see myself taking it as my everyday med anymore. it does work, though.

in the end its just hair, if you are balding really bad its probably best to just accept it and become comfortable and happy with your appearance. hair transplants are really the only way to permanently fix the problem. not saying dont take reasonable steps to preserve your hair, but go read the level of neuroticism and pathetic nature of the guys in hair loss forums. being bald isnt their main problem, its the way they view themselves and their appearance. ironic to tell bodybuilders this, but you get my drift

if you are in canada and want to use finasteride, get the doc to prescribe the 5mg proscar. its significantly cheaper and my doc had no problem helping me save money. take half a tablet every other or e3d, reading the dose curves from studies shows theres no big difference in dosing like this. its like aromasin that it binds to the enzyme rather than to dht directly so you dont need to be exact with dosing. propecia 1mg pills are a giant ripoff, literally $130+++ for a few month supply versus like $25 for proscar

i also use 2% nizoral almost everyday, its too much to use everyday if you dont have cropped or shaved head because it ruins hair quality but it does a very good job of keeping itchyness down. i cant attest to if it actually scrubs off dht but it seems to halt shedding.

i have a really bad scar on my head from a car accident so im getting hair transplants, i have slightly receded temples from maturation and will get them to just touch those up as well. ive been lucky so far, 31 with no major issues (knock on wood) but all males in my family and ext family are bald!!! so i looked into hair loss treatment early.

Last edited:
If you are experiencing thinning in the back, a circular area, then Rogaine (or generic) is right for you. You can also use Ketoconazole shampoo. 1% is available OTC in the US, and 2% with a prescription.

If you are experiencing thinning in the back, a circular area, then Rogaine (or generic) is right for you. You can also use Ketoconazole shampoo. 1% is available OTC in the US, and 2% with a prescription.

My first go at this will be RU58841 50 ml a day and 1% nizoral. Waiting to hear back from the dr about a proscar script.

I use RU58841. Works almost instantly to stop my shedding. I got away from using it for a month and was dropping 100-150 hairs per day. I started using it daily just three days ago and I swear I can't even rip a strand from my scalp. LOL. I might b losing 10-15 a day now. Nothing in the shower after shampooing. The stuff truly works and will save your hairline.

Ketoconazole shampoo 2% a couple times per week combined with Nioxin 2 treatment everyday seems to work great for me!

I know finasteride can cause male impotent issues (possibly permanent). There's an actual foundation on this matter:

The Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation - pfsfoundation.org

Have a good read and then tell me if it's worth taking finasteride for hair loss

Ketoconazole shampoo 2% a couple times per week combined with Nioxin 2 treatment everyday seems to work great for me!

I know finasteride can cause male impotent issues (possibly permanent). There's an actual foundation on this matter:

The Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation - pfsfoundation.org

Have a good read and then tell me if it's worth taking finasteride for hair loss

Well shit. I just got my proscar script.

I use RU58841. Works almost instantly to stop my shedding. I got away from using it for a month and was dropping 100-150 hairs per day. I started using it daily just three days ago and I swear I can't even rip a strand from my scalp. LOL. I might b losing 10-15 a day now. Nothing in the shower after shampooing. The stuff truly works and will save your hairline.

Started today. 50 ml over the back of my hair. I believe it has a short half life. Are you taking it twice a day or only once?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws