over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diabetes Symptoms, No Diabetes ????

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
I've been having this on and off situation for at least the last year or so.
Lethargy..fatigue..blurry vision..ringing ears are a few of the symptoms. I wake up feeling fine but my mid day on I'm feeling 'off' on a daily basis. Very similar to an energy/sugar crash. Vision gets blurry and restricted. I was issued a glucose monitor where my readings have never been over 115 and average 98-100. My A1C was 4.7 All other blood work has been fine other than high range RBC/Hematocrit/Hemoglobin levels which are primarily from doctor prescribed TRT. I've seen doctors with no real results with most saying that the symptoms are very diabetes like but nothing points in that direction. I'm a little frustrated at this point. I know most of us here aren't doctors but wanted to see if anyone has experienced the same things or had any ideas on what it could be.

How’s your blood pressure?

Firstly there are many possibilties. Although high hematocrit/hemoglobin can cause all of those side effects. How much water do you drink? Do you consume a lot of caffeine? The first thing I would do is start drinking more water and give blood. Have you given blood in the past but felt the same? Have you had full blood work done recently (thyroid, cortisol etc)? What is your diet like? Sorry about all the questions but just trying to help get to the bottom of things.

I have similar issues. I think its from eating every few hours for most of my life.

I have been to doctors for years complaining of diabetes like symptoms and blood sugar crashes and my blood work always comes back good. I most recently had a glucose test in which my blood sugar remained stable and then crashes after two hours.

I really feel this is from a lifetime of eating every few hours and never allowing my body to become efficient at regulating itself in the absence of frequent meals.

The best these symptoms have gotten for me is when I have been at my lightest and eaten the most clean with consistent intermittent fasting. Its almost like training your body to be efficient at maintaining itself while there is no food in your belly.

Hope this helps.

Firstly there are many possibilties. Although high hematocrit/hemoglobin can cause all of those side effects. How much water do you drink? Do you consume a lot of caffeine? The first thing I would do is start drinking more water and give blood. Have you given blood in the past but felt the same? Have you had full blood work done recently (thyroid, cortisol etc)? What is your diet like? Sorry about all the questions but just trying to help get to the bottom of things.

I am guilty of not drinking enough water. I have caffeine daily but nothing major. Only a coffee in the morning. My diet I feel is typically excellent. I've actually tried adjusting meals and even nap times around my usual mid day crash with no luck. I do blood work regular and nothing abnormal other than the RBC issue I mentioned. I have seen a general practitioner a hematologist and my TRT doctor that all had the general census that my RBC/Hematocrit/Hemoglobin were on the high end but nothing out of the ordinary that should cause any concern but must admit I think that could be the culprit. I've gave blood in the past but its been some time ago. Maybe I should try that again and see if it helps?

I have similar issues. I think its from eating every few hours for most of my life.

I have been to doctors for years complaining of diabetes like symptoms and blood sugar crashes and my blood work always comes back good. I most recently had a glucose test in which my blood sugar remained stable and then crashes after two hours.

I really feel this is from a lifetime of eating every few hours and never allowing my body to become efficient at regulating itself in the absence of frequent meals.

The best these symptoms have gotten for me is when I have been at my lightest and eaten the most clean with consistent intermittent fasting. Its almost like training your body to be efficient at maintaining itself while there is no food in your belly.

Hope this helps.

Wow! Very identical to my situation. I've probably eaten every 2 hours for 15+ years now. If I miss a meal I get a tired , brain fog sometimes the shakes and just feel overall horrible. I just may have to switch my diet up and see if that helps. You really got me thinking now, thanks for your help.

I had the same issue, id crash really hard mid workout and doing anything physical, for some reason my blood pressure would drop when i consumed caffeine or pre workouts, always would check blood sugar normal, fasted glucose test was normal, a1c was normal, i pulled caffeine and was good to go

Hope this helps.

I am the same. If I don't eat for say 6 hours I can be really bad. Get up in the morning and go out on no food and I may crash hard. Although I have fasted in the past and once I get past a certain time I am fine. I also go hypo if I train but don't eat much. Pre workouts (stimulants) also contribute to this for me as well.

I am guilty of not drinking enough water. I have caffeine daily but nothing major. Only a coffee in the morning. My diet I feel is typically excellent. I've actually tried adjusting meals and even nap times around my usual mid day crash with no luck. I do blood work regular and nothing abnormal other than the RBC issue I mentioned. I have seen a general practitioner a hematologist and my TRT doctor that all had the general census that my RBC/Hematocrit/Hemoglobin were on the high end but nothing out of the ordinary that should cause any concern but must admit I think that could be the culprit. I've gave blood in the past but its been some time ago. Maybe I should try that again and see if it helps?

Even without these issues I would start drinking more water. I am doing the same. It's one of the best things you can do for health. Really make an effort though as it's so easy to not be consistent. I need to have 2 big bottles in the fridge that no matter I have to drink in the day so I am always consuming enough. I would recommend drinking between meals.

It could be diet related as chinaboy posted and your blood glucose dropping because your body is so used to constant carbs. Stimulants (your morning coffee) could even speed up digestion and could be having an impact on things as well.

I had the same issue, id crash really hard mid workout and doing anything physical, for some reason my blood pressure would drop when i consumed caffeine or pre workouts, always would check blood sugar normal, fasted glucose test was normal, a1c was normal, i pulled caffeine and was good to go

We just posted the same thing. Yes pre workouts can do it to me as well. Certain stimulants (DMHA, DMAA) seem to effect things even more. I hadn't ate much today and trained with a strong pre workout and I crashed really hard.

I have never really had any crashes in the gym ever or really under a physical load. Honestly those situations are where I feel the best. I could be pushing a pencil and anywhere around 1pm, the day takes a turn.

I am the same. If I don't eat for say 6 hours I can be really bad. Get up in the morning and go out on no food and I may crash hard. Although I have fasted in the past and once I get past a certain time I am fine. I also go hypo if I train but don't eat much. Pre workouts (stimulants) also contribute to this for me as well.

Even without these issues I would start drinking more water. I am doing the same. It's one of the best things you can do for health. Really make an effort though as it's so easy to not be consistent. I need to have 2 big bottles in the fridge that no matter I have to drink in the day so I am always consuming enough. I would recommend drinking between meals.

It could be diet related as chinaboy posted and your blood glucose dropping because your body is so used to constant carbs. Stimulants (your morning coffee) could even speed up digestion and could be having an impact on things as well.

We just posted the same thing. Yes pre workouts can do it to me as well. Certain stimulants (DMHA, DMAA) seem to effect things even more. I hadn't ate much today and trained with a strong pre workout and I crashed really hard.

I don't use any pre workouts or stimulants at all. I'm having the coffee (16oz) at 4:45 in the morning and that's it. I wouldn't think that would make a huge impact but maybe I'm wrong. I've never had a crash ever while training but I always have a meal prior so perhaps that's why.

I don't use any pre workouts or stimulants at all. I'm having the coffee (16oz) at 4:45 in the morning and that's it. I wouldn't think that would make a huge impact but maybe I'm wrong. I've never had a crash ever while training but I always have a meal prior so perhaps that's why.

I don't think the coffee would be effecting you either. It's very hard to pinpoint. I assume you have taken your blood glucose during the times you have felt off? There are so many things that can cause fatigue. I suffer from tinnitus myself as well. Do you take anything with your TRT such as an AI or HCG? Any supplements? Melanotan?

I do think lowering your hemoglobin etc would be worthwhile if they are high. Increasing water can actually increase hemoglobin count so if you do that it could get higher so giving blood may be beneficial. Do you know your exact hemoglobin etc test results?

Have you had your eyes tested recently? What about your inner ears?

Yup, I get just what you guys describe. Crashing if I do not eat. If I get past the crash I typically am fine but if I crash at work I tend to get anxiety with this.

Again, I attribute this greatly to the bodybuilding diet which is far from a longevity diet. Things like coffee and marijuana can have a far greater effects with my blood sugar compared to any person I meet. All my pot head friends have zero symptoms like this and everyone drinks coffee and has no problem like this. I feel its the years of eating every few hours and things like coffee or marijuana effect my blood sugar much more then most.

To me a longevity diet is eating small meals with low glycemic index foods and giving your body time to digest the food then go without food to let the body eliminate toxins and then repeat. We as bodybuilders never give our bodies a time to go on no food and eliminate metabolic waste.

I have fasted a few times and gone days without eating. I didn't die, in fact I felt great in the long run. But fasting has bouts of feeling like shit when your body purges toxins.

Do you get really tired mid day?

This Is something I’ve noticed as well, blood sugar always in check and a1c always in check as well. I’ve been able to curb this somewhat by not eating a big m breakfast, as I’ve noticed when I consume a large breakfast I get super tired around 1 or 2pm. Delaying eating heavy carbs has definitely help me.

Another thing I’ve thought of doing is getting a sleep study done as well

Are you on gh or any script meds?

Those aren't really signs of diabetes. It'd be pretty rare for you develop type 1 this late in life and you'd have a significant blood glucose if you were developing type 2.

Chinaboy's posts are 100% spot on and I couldn't agree more with everything he said, it doesn't mean either this BB lifestyle is what causing YOU all these symptoms.

Tren_plz rightly asked about GH (mk677 should be a concern too) or other meds, I'd also not eliminate the possibility of a "silent" viral infection such as mononucleosis known to cause extreme lethargy.

Actually, so many things including diseases you may not even think about can cause fatigue... that's why it's so tricky to find out a real cause... you never really know in which direction you should search. :eek:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity