over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diabetes Symptoms, No Diabetes ????

You ever get tested for sleep apnea?

Ive suggested this to my doc as well with no luck, dont sleep very well at all. Also my hematocrit and hemo have always been on the high end of normal, now reading through the posts i wonder if thats has something to do with it as well

How is your sleep?

I was diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea back in March of this year. I have worn a CPAP unit when I sleep ever since then. My sleep has dramatically improved. I no longer wake up on the hour looking at the clock and getting up to pee 3-4 x per night. I now sleep until my alarm goes off. I don't even get up to pee anymore. My blood pressure is almost perfect now with no meds and that was a struggle of mine for years.

I have similar issues. I think its from eating every few hours for most of my life.

I have been to doctors for years complaining of diabetes like symptoms and blood sugar crashes and my blood work always comes back good. I most recently had a glucose test in which my blood sugar remained stable and then crashes after two hours.

I really feel this is from a lifetime of eating every few hours and never allowing my body to become efficient at regulating itself in the absence of frequent meals.

The best these symptoms have gotten for me is when I have been at my lightest and eaten the most clean with consistent intermittent fasting. Its almost like training your body to be efficient at maintaining itself while there is no food in your belly.

Hope this helps.

I agree with you 100%

I have similar issues. I think its from eating every few hours for most of my life.

I have been to doctors for years complaining of diabetes like symptoms and blood sugar crashes and my blood work always comes back good. I most recently had a glucose test in which my blood sugar remained stable and then crashes after two hours.

I really feel this is from a lifetime of eating every few hours and never allowing my body to become efficient at regulating itself in the absence of frequent meals.

The best these symptoms have gotten for me is when I have been at my lightest and eaten the most clean with consistent intermittent fasting. Its almost like training your body to be efficient at maintaining itself while there is no food in your belly.

Hope this helps.

i also agree with you.. obviously genetic response to various eating patterns are huge, but i really do believe that long-term eating every few hours can be quite awful for blood sugar management and can lead to insulin resistance/t 2 diabetes...

a few guys have recently been writing about something called "metabolic flexibility," which has to do with exactly this subject.

I've been having this on and off situation for at least the last year or so.
Lethargy..fatigue..blurry vision..ringing ears are a few of the symptoms. I wake up feeling fine but my mid day on I'm feeling 'off' on a daily basis. Very similar to an energy/sugar crash. Vision gets blurry and restricted. I was issued a glucose monitor where my readings have never been over 115 and average 98-100. My A1C was 4.7 All other blood work has been fine other than high range RBC/Hematocrit/Hemoglobin levels which are primarily from doctor prescribed TRT. I've seen doctors with no real results with most saying that the symptoms are very diabetes like but nothing points in that direction. I'm a little frustrated at this point. I know most of us here aren't doctors but wanted to see if anyone has experienced the same things or had any ideas on what it could be.

Is this where medical jeopardy meets 20 questions and everyone is trying to develop a working DDx until someone makes the best fit dx for the signs/sx's? :lightbulb: Not that I've figured it out or anything but I am curious if there are to be any awards/accolades/honors/etc. bestowed upon whosoever makes the correct dx first.

:yeahthat:

Is this where medical jeopardy meets 20 questions and everyone is trying to develop a working DDx until someone makes the best fit dx for the signs/sx's? :lightbulb: Not that I've figured it out or anything but I am curious if there are to be any awards/accolades/honors/etc. bestowed upon whosoever makes the correct dx first.

:yeahthat:

The winner gets a Happy Meal from Mickey D’s. 😀

I've been having this on and off situation for at least the last year or so.
Lethargy..fatigue..blurry vision..ringing ears are a few of the symptoms. I wake up feeling fine but my mid day on I'm feeling 'off' on a daily basis. Very similar to an energy/sugar crash. Vision gets blurry and restricted. I was issued a glucose monitor where my readings have never been over 115 and average 98-100. My A1C was 4.7 All other blood work has been fine other than high range RBC/Hematocrit/Hemoglobin levels which are primarily from doctor prescribed TRT. I've seen doctors with no real results with most saying that the symptoms are very diabetes like but nothing points in that direction. I'm a little frustrated at this point. I know most of us here aren't doctors but wanted to see if anyone has experienced the same things or had any ideas on what it could be.

Could very well be low cortisol. I would invest in a 4x salivary cortisol test kit. Costs under $150.

Could very well be low cortisol. I would invest in a 4x salivary cortisol test kit. Costs under $150.

My money's on pheochromocytomas or Cushing's.

You could also waste $150 on a few OTC home ovulation kits but that's your decision. If inpatient screen testing for Cushing's has thus far always resulted in "Indeterminant", how sensitive do you think the OTC salivary screening tests will likely prove? Let's say your OTC salivary screening tests comes back POSITIVE. What then? You go to some idiot quack who does the same screening test which will probably come back "indeterminant" but since he barely passed med school and doesn't know an anus from an ulna, he might order a 24 hr Urinary free cortisol test. If that comes back POSITIVE, then he will check ACTH levels to determine if the excess cortisol is ACTH-dependent or ACTH-independent. There's a bit more to Cushing's which most commonly presents in two forms based on primary etiology -

1) Cushing's syndrome = excess cortisol regardless of what's causing the overproduction of cortisol

2) Cushing's disease = aka Pituitary Cushing's b/c the excess cortisol is secreted by a ACTH-secreting pituitary adenoma

Yes, there are other causes of Cushings's which are metaphorical "zebras" in medical diagnostics vernacular and they should be kept as part of your working DDx, abeit lower on the list.

Class dismissed.

You could also waste $150 on a few OTC home ovulation kits but that's your decision. If inpatient screen testing for Cushing's has thus far always resulted in "Indeterminant", how sensitive do you think the OTC salivary screening tests will likely prove? Let's say your OTC salivary screening tests comes back POSITIVE. What then? You go to some idiot quack who does the same screening test which will probably come back "indeterminant" but since he barely passed med school and doesn't know an anus from an ulna, he might order a 24 hr Urinary free cortisol test. If that comes back POSITIVE, then he will check ACTH levels to determine if the excess cortisol is ACTH-dependent or ACTH-independent. There's a bit more to Cushing's which most commonly presents in two forms based on primary etiology -

1) Cushing's syndrome = excess cortisol regardless of what's causing the overproduction of cortisol

2) Cushing's disease = aka Pituitary Cushing's b/c the excess cortisol is secreted by a ACTH-secreting pituitary adenoma

Yes, there are other causes of Cushings's which are metaphorical "zebras" in medical diagnostics vernacular and they should be kept as part of your working DDx, abeit lower on the list.

Class dismissed.

It was a swing and a miss :)

I was jokingly hitting the opposite end of the spectrum. High rather than low CRT.

If you're thinking pheo or Cushing's, at least you're very likely in the correct organ - the adrenals. if you're ever lucky enough to see & dx a case of Pheo, you'll never forget it. N-E-V-E-R.

Oh yeah, totally different screening tests (and signs/sx's): Pheo screening usually involves 24 hour urine fractionated metanephrines and catecholamines or plasma free metanephrines. Cushing's screening was already mentioned. ibid.

It was a swing and a miss :)

I was jokingly hitting the opposite end of the spectrum. High rather than low CRT.

Hypocortisolism. Got it. Ok, same inpatient salivary screening test which thus far has resulted in "Indeterminant". So next is a Cosyntropin stim test which tests the ability of ACTH to increase cortisol levels which points the Dx to primary adrenal insufficiency, secondary pituitary dysfxn, or tertiary hypothalamic dysregulation (the last is about as rare as a highly competent doc these days).

Endocrine medicine is soooo much fun and simple and easy. How so many people failed it is beyond reasonable thinking. :banghead:

Hypocortisolism. Got it. Ok, same inpatient salivary screening test which thus far has resulted in "Indeterminant". So next is a Cosyntropin stim test which tests the ability of ACTH to increase cortisol levels which points the Dx to primary adrenal insufficiency, secondary pituitary dysfxn, or tertiary hypothalamic dysregulation (the last is about as rare as a highly competent doc these days).

Or as Homeo-pathetic practitioners would label it

...We'll just call it 'adrenal fatigue'

Or as Homeo-pathetic practitioners would label it

...We'll just call it 'adrenal fatigue'

DO NOT get me started on Homeopathic ... whatever the F it is. "Here's some eye of newt mixed with 10 PPM of spider webbing and a tincture of lysergic acid diethylamide." Hold your breath while I drink this exponentially diluted mixture of stuff. :confused: :banghead:

Is pheochromocytomas the same as an adrenal gland tumor?

After years of getting Hemoglobin A1-c tests and being told there is nothing wrong with me I asked for adrenal testing. I had to pee into a jug for a day or two and they analyzed this. This came back as normal and my PCP had told me I was had an idiopathic hypoglycemia and tried to coach me on diet...

Is the same as an adrenal gland tumor?

After years of getting Hemoglobin A1-c tests and being told there is nothing wrong with me I asked for adrenal testing. I had to pee into a jug for a day or two and they analyzed this. This came back as normal and my PCP had told me I was had an idiopathic hypoglycemia and tried to coach me on diet...

More than likely reactivate hypoglycemia. And yes pheochromocytomas is generally a non-malignant tumor(s) of the extra-adrenal region.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner