over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diabetic Competitior

hugemuscles10

Registered
I have a good friend who competed this past weekend. He trained hard and put in his time and diet was very strict. Day of competition he was not as vascular and striated as he should be. This is his fourth competition same thing more or less every time. My question is, can the diabetes have something to do with this? Should he do something different? I know diabetics have circulation problems could this play a part? He was not taking asprin would the thinning of his blood help this possibly? Thanks in advance. I have to get kids ready for bed I will be back on later, and help greatly appreciated

im type 2 and useing syntheteks synthalmin for apitite but im seeing more vasculare. they have pre contest vasodialator thas very good.

Honestly

I have a good friend who competed this past weekend. He trained hard and put in his time and diet was very strict. Day of competition he was not as vascular and striated as he should be. This is his fourth competition same thing more or less every time. My question is, can the diabetes have something to do with this? Should he do something different? I know diabetics have circulation problems could this play a part? He was not taking asprin would the thinning of his blood help this possibly? Thanks in advance. I have to get kids ready for bed I will be back on later, and help greatly appreciated

There are a lot of factors at play here.....I need WAYYYYYY more info than this. Before delving in too much, I would get him off of all caffiene.......does he drink coffee?

yea caffeine and diabetes isnt good. When i take my insulin for a meal and i have caffiene before, the insulin almost doesnt work.

I could wake up with a sugar of 70, take a fat burner (100 - 200mg caff) have breakfast (40gm carb) give 4 ius and an hour later my sugar would be reaching 400.

after reading around i dont take caffeine around times that i have carbs/insulin and i have no issues.

there was actually a study done, they had diabetics and had them take 250mg of caffeine prior to breakfast and lunch and the next few days a placebo was given and on the days that caffeine was used blood sugars were 8 - 10% higher than on the day with no caffeine.

there is something in caffeine that kills the cells that make insulin. Scientists actually inject it into mice to make them diabetic to do research. just surprising that doctors dont tell diabetics this. caffeine is the most widely used drug in the world.

Last edited:
yea caffeine and diabetes isnt good. When i take my insulin for a meal and i have caffiene before, the insulin almost doesnt work.

The more coffee you drink the lower the chance of you getting type II diabetes. I think it's safe to say caffeine, at least from coffee, doesn't cause insulin resistance or diabetes. For a type I it may be a different matter, though I've seen someone else say their insulin requirement went down with ECA.

there is something in caffeine that kills the cells that make insulin.

No, I don't think so. There is the theory, or partial fact if you will, that caffeine stimulates adrenaline which drives up blood glucose. This actually increases insulin as a consequence which can lead to hypoglycemia a while later.

I do not think he drinks coffee but I know he drinks diet mountain dew and energy drinks but he cut all that out way before the show. I know he checks his blood sugar all the time to keep it regular. I have been around him sometimes when is sugar drops suddenly.

The more coffee you drink the lower the chance of you getting type II diabetes. I think it's safe to say caffeine, at least from coffee, doesn't cause insulin resistance or diabetes. For a type I it may be a different matter, though I've seen someone else say their insulin requirement went down with ECA.

No, I don't think so. There is the theory, or partial fact if you will, that caffeine stimulates adrenaline which drives up blood glucose. This actually increases insulin as a consequence which can lead to hypoglycemia a while later.

**broken link removed**

take a look at that
our bodies make alloxan from caffeine which is the chemical which causes these issues

**broken link removed**

take a look at that
our bodies make alloxan from caffeine which is the chemical which causes these issues

No references on that page. Even says it's a theory that this alloxan causes diabetes. I feel saying theory is being generous since I haven't seen any credible researchers saying this. Also says alloxan is a free radical generator. However, coffee is the biggest source of antioxidants in most peoples' diets. And green tea and other teas are full of powerful antioxidants.

No references on that page. Even says it's a theory that this alloxan causes diabetes. I feel saying theory is being generous since I haven't seen any credible researchers saying this. Also says alloxan is a free radical generator. However, coffee is the biggest source of antioxidants in most peoples' diets. And green tea and other teas are full of powerful antioxidants.

i am a type 1 diabetic and i have a very good docter, he never said anything about coffee being bad. i'm not saying it isnt true but he never said anything. i know getting ready for a show is very hard and being a diabetic even makes it harder. some days when your sugar is low or high you feel flat, weak and shity. my bro is a type 1 like me and just tried doing new englands and he looked great but 4 weeks out he had to stop. doc said his body couldnt handle it. of course it depends on how hard you diet and many other things but being a diabetic makes it harder. just more things you have to worry about

web md also has a good article about caffeine and diabetes

since changing when i take caffeine (not around times that i need insulin) my blood sugars have been fine. no more unexplained highs

web md also has a good article about caffeine and diabetes

since changing when i take caffeine (not around times that i need insulin) my blood sugars have been fine. no more unexplained highs

i'm gonna try this. my sugar is usually high after breakfast and through lunch. i have a coffe before breakfast.

how would the caffeine directly effect getting ready for the show? is there anything else that he could do or try in weeks before the show

i'm gonna try this. my sugar is usually high after breakfast and through lunch. i have a coffe before breakfast.

try it out man and let me know
i dropped caffiene around times that i have carbs/insulin and my sugars are fine

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws