over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diabetic supplies

Bleed

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
What are the exact laws for diabetic supplies (insulin, syringes, pumps, etc) for the US? I thought Bush signed some paperwork so that diabetics everywhere could get supplies no matter where they went. I could also be wrong and it could be a state by state basis.

I've gotten insulin and syringes in the past from various stores with no issue. Today, the very pleasant pharmacist told me to bring in insulin to obtain insulin syringes and said it was a new store policy. I asked her to see a policy letter and she turned into an outright (fill in the blank). I was told it's now up to the discretion of the pharmacist and that now I needed a prescription for anything.

FWIW, I was very pleasant and never lost my cool. If they actually had a policy letter than so be it as long as it didn't violate any laws.

Suggestions?

Bleed,

Being a diabetic, I know that my insulin has to be prescribed. A pump would
also need to be prescribed. This enables me to put it thru my health insurance, but honestly, I am not sure if it is a prescibed substance.
Ask Alpha6164. He'll know
Pins however, do not. I've heard some places will only sell you 10 at a time. They are so easy and cheap to get in any size, shape, color and quantity. Thank you internet.

Peace,

Mack

What are the exact laws for diabetic supplies (insulin, syringes, pumps, etc) for the US? I thought Bush signed some paperwork so that diabetics everywhere could get supplies no matter where they went. I could also be wrong and it could be a state by state basis.

I've gotten insulin and syringes in the past from various stores with no issue. Today, the very pleasant pharmacist told me to bring in insulin to obtain insulin syringes and said it was a new store policy. I asked her to see a policy letter and she turned into an outright (fill in the blank). I was told it's now up to the discretion of the pharmacist and that now I needed a prescription for anything.

FWIW, I was very pleasant and never lost my cool. If they actually had a policy letter than so be it as long as it didn't violate any laws.

Suggestions?

It's state by state in regards to syringes. Google it,you can find out if they're legal in your state. If they are,then sue the pharmacy! jk

The troubling aspect was the attitude of the pharmacist. I'm surprised she wasn't looking for track marks the way she was being. I didnt know that "pharmacists discretion" could be a legitimate cause to dismiss someone. Troubling.

Cant buy pins round my area. Was looked at like I wanted to IV a speedball right there in the store when I asked :eek: Now I use sterilesyringes.com

They think oh if we dont sell needles noone will be able to shoot up, meanwhile all the junkies are sharing needles and diseases...

Cant buy pins round my area. Was looked at like I wanted to IV a speedball right there in the store when I asked :eek: Now I use sterilesyringes.com

They think oh if we dont sell needles noone will be able to shoot up, meanwhile all the junkies are sharing needles and diseases...

I used to live in MS where they sold pins to any one with out a script in hopes that it would slow the spread of HIV..one of the few things that state did that made since....now I live in the PNW and you can't buy them without a script....unless you get them from the feed store. LOL You may want to check out your local co-op/feed store...tell them you're a goat farmer. :star-war::D

I got to the bottom of this one and the truth hurts. The law here is you can buy diabetic supplies without a prescription. The catch? The pharmacist can look at you and say "No" just because they don't like your face. Or there's something particular about you that they don't care for.

Isn't that something? Would that be discrimination? I'm not sure what this falls under but to me that's just completely wrong in so many ways. It's basically the equivalent of looking at someone and saying "You look like a junkie and you will not use these for their intended purposes."

I can get them online and there is one cool pharmacist that told me the above "rules" so i can get them in store from him. I just can't believe that this is acceptable.

I'm gonna hijiack for a second if you don't mind...but how do people get Humalog here in the US? I was born and raised in Canada and it was OTC, 30 bucks for 1000 IU's...how do people get it here (without a script, for bodybuilding purposes).

I'm not an avid user but like to have some around...haha

I got to the bottom of this one and the truth hurts. The law here is you can buy diabetic supplies without a prescription. The catch? The pharmacist can look at you and say "No" just because they don't like your face. Or there's something particular about you that they don't care for.

Isn't that something? Would that be discrimination? I'm not sure what this falls under but to me that's just completely wrong in so many ways. It's basically the equivalent of looking at someone and saying "You look like a junkie and you will not use these for their intended purposes."

I can get them online and there is one cool pharmacist that told me the above "rules" so i can get them in store from him. I just can't believe that this is acceptable.

It was the same way in Canada, it was COMPLETELY LEGAL 100% to buy any syringes/needles etc at the pharmacy. BUT a lot of pharmacists are dumb, don't know the laws, and pretty much could just tell you no if they either thought it was illegal or just didn't like you.

I always just walked in casual and confident, not remotely secretive and dropped what I wanted on them BOOM give me 30 of this, 30 of that etc. My brother got denied (wasn't even for steroids but peptides, does not look like he injects anything) mostly cause he was scared to ask in the first place.

Pharmacists aren't all geniuses

Wow! Even if someone came in looking like the dead, god forbid they should use sterile syringes and stop the spread of various diseases!!

Suggestions?

Here in certain parts of Philly, you have many junkies all over the city that stand on corners and sell works (1cc syringe and needle) for $1, and the 2cc for $2 out in the open........ I'm sure it's a problem all over the states and many pharmacies have been told to be more proactive and ask for proof of being a diabetic when selling them OTC.

I'm gonna hijiack for a second if you don't mind...but how do people get Humalog here in the US? I was born and raised in Canada and it was OTC, 30 bucks for 1000 IU's...how do people get it here (without a script, for bodybuilding purposes).

I'm not an avid user but like to have some around...haha

I thought humalog was easy to get without a script until i went to get it lol. Now im looking for other ways to pick some up myself.

Here in certain parts of Philly, you have many junkies all over the city that stand on corners and sell works (1cc syringe and needle) for $1, and the 2cc for $2 out in the open........ I'm sure it's a problem all over the states and many pharmacies have been told to be more proactive and ask for proof of being a diabetic when selling them OTC.

I used to live in Center City right off BFP. I miss that city!!

go to the RX and ask for like your not sure, just say they are for your mother
and humalog is over the counter--just go to walmart and ask

You should be able to get humilin r in most states without a script. I'm pretty sure it's almost all. Syringes are legal
In my state but again it's at the discretion of the pharmacist. I have two local places that will sell them by the box and as many as I want.

Another store said I could only buy 10 at a time, I asked the pharmacist why? His response was "I have customers who really need these". WTF, I told him so do I so order more. I then asked this guy if there was a limit on the amount of Tylenol I could purchase, he looked at me funny and said "no why would there be?".

At this point I told them I needed someone to show me where they were in the store because I needed at least 50 bottles because I was going to attempt to overdose on them, maybe even crush and inject, this prick had one of the techs show me where they were located. Haha.

This makes them feel like they have some control in their pathetic life. I told the guy I guess I would just share the pins with my buddies and re use them a few times and I hope he doesn't mind being responsible for the spread of diseases. Thankfully I have other places close by that are very cool about it.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear