over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diagnosed with Liver Cancer

Hey mentalflex,

This is my first post, but I felt very compelled to give you this link.

I met with the cyberknife people 2 years ago about a friends cancer treatment - unfortunately they had many tumors too much for cyberknife to cure. However, if you are a candidate for this - its like a miracle solution for cancer tumor destruction. Please look into this:

**broken link removed**

Best to you buddy............... Big D

I appreciate it! The hospital I am at does have something remarkably similar, however, due to the size of the main tumor, resection is the first option and this type of thing might be used for the smaller ones.

Mental, so sorry to hear this news. But I know exactly what your going through. About one year ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Man , I can't tell you the amount of stuff that was going through my mind. You sound like you have the right frame of mind. Just try to stay positive. Your in my prayers bro.

Mind over matter brother! Control your thoughts, control your emotions, control your life...

Mental, First off you and yours are in our prayers.
Love the fighting attitude brother.
Quick story, my brother was diagnosed with throat cancer and from the beginning he had the same attitude you have right now.
Cancer was stage 3 and 6 months after diagnosed while being in treatment spread to his lymph nodes to his head in the area of his right ear, at this point he had lost half his body weight , he looked like a walking skeleton and yet he never lost his fighting attitude, even though doctors at this point had lost hope for him we did not, kept on praying and believing along with as many friends and relatives that wanted to believe with us.
In December after 2nd round of chemo miraculously the tide turned just slightly, and things started getting better as far as cancer spreading, his lymph nodes in his head went down and biopsy came back negative.
In February of this year his cancer went into total remission.
Yes diet helped and supps like curcumin, Vit C and others were added but the fighting spirit and faith was to us what won the battle.
I will post up some pics of him tomorrow , they are shocking but now he is recovering cancer free and so will you.
I never doubted my brother's healing ,just had a peaceful feeling about it and when I read your post I had the same feeling.
God bless you and keep you strong as ever. Minister.

God bless you brother. Minister.

Please post up some pics Minister! It is amazing they way things can just "turn" on a dime. I hope he continues on his healthy way and lives a long, prosperous life!

That is a great story! Thank you for sharing

Sorry to hear this and hoping for the best on this Mental. Stay positive bro!

Thanks brotha!

Just wanted to say the wife and I are keeping the prayers coming your way.

You WILL beat that bitch!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

There is no question about it! This little fucker waged war... If it wants a war, I'm here to fight... Cancer might have hit me with an ambush, but now I've regrouped and I'm calling in the fucking air strikes...

Best to you mental. Been following your posts for many years on many boards. Your attitude and the overwhelming positive reinforcement on this thread have me believing you got this beat. Praying for you man.

It is so awesome to hear things like this... I mean, I am a fucking nobody! But for someone to say they enjoy some of the the things I've said over the years without knowing who i am or me knowing them is pretty cool.

I truly feel like I am not going after this alone... I feel like the whole board is behind me and I am not just beating this for me, but for all of those that believe in me... I really need to stop saying "me" because my girl and I are in this together. She may not have the diagnosis, but she and I are one and we are fighting this as a team. I couldn't ask for a more supportive woman... I am going to do everything i my power to be able to stand up and put that ring on her finger on May 30th and walk across the dance floor for our first dance.

I had the elastography, CT scan and blood work done yesterday to determine if I can have the surgery. All the testing messed with my head a little and just made me think, "When will all of this be over!?!" It got to me and I was a little on edge with my girl and we had a little argument... Nothing to write home about, but I just asked her not to do something multiple times but she persisted and I asked her why she wouldn't stop and said that I felt like she didn't respect my opinion when I said something hurt me that she continued to do...

I am hoping things mellow out today...

I am still looking decent and I had the opportunity to train with Kevin Levrone yesterday

Attachments

• front lat - cancer week 1.jpg
    front lat - cancer week 1.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 327
  • front bi - cancer week 1.jpg
    front bi - cancer week 1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 339
  • Back Bi - cancer week 1.jpg
    Back Bi - cancer week 1.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 346
  • Side Chest - Cancer week 1.jpg
    Side Chest - Cancer week 1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 344
  • Mental and Levrone.jpg
    Mental and Levrone.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 348
I know everything is a shock to you as it would be to anyone of us, but stay strong there are many challenges ahead. the best part of it is that it is isolated to the liver and has not spread.
Take care and good luck.

fuck cancer.

Good luck man You WILL beat this shit!

Also, I'm curious.. how did you find out you had cancer to begin with? pains in your stomach? bleeding? That shit scares me man.

Or did you just randomly go in to get scanned to check your body for general health/tumors etc?

Honestly I think the government may know how to cure or treat cancer but they choose not to so they can make more $$... Same way they allow all the extra chemicals to be put into tobacco.. the same way they dont regulate our food quality properly.. I think our food regulations may be a big part of what is really causing cancer.

I dont know everything but I'd be willing to bet it has at least some role in cancer. The older i get it seems more and more people are getting cancer, what the fuck!

Be strong, what ever you do don't ever believe it's the end. Always think positive. Use it as a good motivator when you go to the gym and kick it's ass.

I had the elastography, CT scan and blood work done yesterday to determine if I can have the surgery. All the testing messed with my head a little and just made me think, "When will all of this be over!?!" It got to me and I was a little on edge with my girl and we had a little argument... Nothing to write home about, but I just asked her not to do something multiple times but she persisted and I asked her why she wouldn't stop and said that I felt like she didn't respect my opinion when I said something hurt me that she continued to do...

I am still looking decent and I had the opportunity to train with Kevin Levrone yesterday

Take a look below and call me.

This information is very important for everybody.
Gene expression in cells and tissues of every complex organism is precisely controlled and largely dependent on different conditions (such as development, changes in the environment, diseases or drugs). Various cells and organ systems within such organism (including humans) contain different gene expression profiles, thus proper understanding of regulatory mechanisms involved in such expression represents one of the key issues in genomic medicine.

Non-coding RNA molecules have a role in plethora of regulatory events – from controlling the number of copies in bacterial division to X-chromosome inactivation in mammals. Recent analyses of the human and animal genomes have shown that most of RNA transcripts do not code for proteins (i.e. they are messenger RNAs or mRNAs), but are instead noncoding RNAs (ncRNAs).

MicroRNAs (or miRNAs) comprise a novel class of small, non-coding endogenous RNAs that regulate gene expression by directing their target mRNAs for degradation or translational repression. Their discovery added a new dimension to the understanding of complex gene regulatory networks in humans and animals alike.

MicroRNA discovery
MicroRNA (miRNA) was initially discovered in Caenorhabditis elegans by Victor Ambros' laboratory in 1993 while studying the gene lin-14. At the same time, Gary Ravkun identified the first miRNA target gene. Those two groundbreaking discoveries identified a novel mechanism of posttranscriptional gene regulation.

However, the importance of miRNA was realized seven years later when Ravukon and Horvitz laboratories identified a second miRNA in the same model nematode species (named let-7), and when another class of short RNA (siRNA) involved in the process of RNA interference was discovered. Only then it became obvious that short non-coding RNA molecule identified in 1993 was part of a much bigger phenomenon. Since then, an increasing number of miRNAs have been recognized in mammals. In humans alone over 700 miRNAs have been identified and fully sequenced, and the estimated number of miRNA genes in a human genome is more than one thousand. Based on computer models, miRNAs in humans have a direct influence on at least 30% of the genes in the whole genome. The importance of microRNA
miRNAs represent small RNA molecules encoded in the genomes of plants and animals. These highly conserved 22 nucleotides long RNA sequences regulate the expression of genes by binding to the 3'-untranslated regions (3'-UTR) of specific mRNAs. A growing body of evidence shows that miRNAs are one of the key players in cell differentiation and growth, mobility and apoptosis (programmed cell death).
Differentiating miRNAs from other classes of small RNAs that are present in the cell is often cumbersome – particularly the distinction from endogenous small interfering RNAs (siRNAs). The most significant distinction between miRNAs and siRNAs is whether they silence their own expression. Almost all siRNAs (regardless of their viral or other origin) silence the same locus from which they were derived. On the other hand, most miRNAs do not silence their own loci, but other genes instead. miRNAs regulate diverse aspects of development and physiology, thus understanding its biological role is proving more and more important. Analysis of miRNA expression may provide valuable information, as dysregulation of its function can lead to human diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, liver conditions and immune dysfunction.

Reprogramming cells has been the subject of many scientific studies since the early 1900s. In 1962, John B. Gurdon’s research proved that cellular differentiation is achieved through transplantation. Dr. Shinya Yamanaka (2012) also proved that the introduction of transcription factors into a differentiated cell can indeed convert the cell into a pluripotent state. Yamanaka’s research concluded that matured cells can be reprogrammed to replicate. In 2012, Dr. Yamanaka and Dr. Gurdon both received a Nobel Prize in Physiology for their discovery of mature cells being able to be reprogrammed to a pluripotent state (Yamanaka, 2006).
Researchers Onder and Daley (2011) declared that miRNAs are macro players in somatic cell reprogramming and that miRNA-based reprograms “faster than the standard four-factor reprogramming” method such as the Yamanaka factors. In addition, the authors suggest that miRNA-based reprogramming is more significant and practical way to generate pluripotent stem cell induction (Onder & Daley, 2011).

This is normal with the territory. You are both under extreme stress dealing with all this. Perfectly normal. Recognize the stress for what it is and channel that energy into working together and fighting the real enemy. Trust me, she wants the best outcome for you as much as you do. But you already know that.

Try using mindful meditation. Mindfulness works for me.

Last edited:

Keep that positive attitude brother !!! You have been really good so far, a couple of dark moments is to be expected, but dont let them snowball.

It will be over soon enough, your gonna beat this thing !!! Stay positive bro !!!

Just saw this---very sorry to hear about it. Hope things go as smoothly and as quickly as possible to a full recovery.

Keep that positive attitude brother !!! You have been really good so far, a couple of dark moments is to be expected, but dont let them snowball.

It will be over soon enough, your gonna beat this thing !!! Stay positive bro !!!

Thanks brother

Take a look below and call me.

This information is very important for everybody.

Gene expression in cells and tissues of every complex organism is precisely controlled and largely dependent on different conditions (such as development, changes in the environment, diseases or drugs). Various cells and organ systems within such organism (including humans) contain different gene expression profiles, thus proper understanding of regulatory mechanisms involved in such expression represents one of the key issues in genomic medicine.

Non-coding RNA molecules have a role in plethora of regulatory events – from controlling the number of copies in bacterial division to X-chromosome inactivation in mammals. Recent analyses of the human and animal genomes have shown that most of RNA transcripts do not code for proteins (i.e. they are messenger RNAs or mRNAs), but are instead noncoding RNAs (ncRNAs).

MicroRNAs (or miRNAs) comprise a novel class of small, non-coding endogenous RNAs that regulate gene expression by directing their target mRNAs for degradation or translational repression. Their discovery added a new dimension to the understanding of complex gene regulatory networks in humans and animals alike.

MicroRNA discovery

MicroRNA (miRNA) was initially discovered in Caenorhabditis elegans by Victor Ambros' laboratory in 1993 while studying the gene lin-14. At the same time, Gary Ravkun identified the first miRNA target gene. Those two groundbreaking discoveries identified a novel mechanism of posttranscriptional gene regulation.

However, the importance of miRNA was realized seven years later when Ravukon and Horvitz laboratories identified a second miRNA in the same model nematode species (named let-7), and when another class of short RNA (siRNA) involved in the process of RNA interference was discovered. Only then it became obvious that short non-coding RNA molecule identified in 1993 was part of a much bigger phenomenon. Since then, an increasing number of miRNAs have been recognized in mammals. In humans alone over 700 miRNAs have been identified and fully sequenced, and the estimated number of miRNA genes in a human genome is more than one thousand. Based on computer models, miRNAs in humans have a direct influence on at least 30% of the genes in the whole genome. The importance of microRNA

miRNAs represent small RNA molecules encoded in the genomes of plants and animals. These highly conserved 22 nucleotides long RNA sequences regulate the expression of genes by binding to the 3'-untranslated regions (3'-UTR) of specific mRNAs. A growing body of evidence shows that miRNAs are one of the key players in cell differentiation and growth, mobility and apoptosis (programmed cell death).

Differentiating miRNAs from other classes of small RNAs that are present in the cell is often cumbersome – particularly the distinction from endogenous small interfering RNAs (siRNAs). The most significant distinction between miRNAs and siRNAs is whether they silence their own expression. Almost all siRNAs (regardless of their viral or other origin) silence the same locus from which they were derived. On the other hand, most miRNAs do not silence their own loci, but other genes instead. miRNAs regulate diverse aspects of development and physiology, thus understanding its biological role is proving more and more important. Analysis of miRNA expression may provide valuable information, as dysregulation of its function can lead to human diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, liver conditions and immune dysfunction.

Reprogramming cells has been the subject of many scientific studies since the early 1900s. In 1962, John B. Gurdon’s research proved that cellular differentiation is achieved through transplantation. Dr. Shinya Yamanaka (2012) also proved that the introduction of transcription factors into a differentiated cell can indeed convert the cell into a pluripotent state. Yamanaka’s research concluded that matured cells can be reprogrammed to replicate. In 2012, Dr. Yamanaka and Dr. Gurdon both received a Nobel Prize in Physiology for their discovery of mature cells being able to be reprogrammed to a pluripotent state (Yamanaka, 2006).

Researchers Onder and Daley (2011) declared that miRNAs are macro players in somatic cell reprogramming and that miRNA-based reprograms “faster than the standard four-factor reprogramming” method such as the Yamanaka factors. In addition, the authors suggest that miRNA-based reprogramming is more significant and practical way to generate pluripotent stem cell induction (Onder & Daley, 2011).

Emeric, it is getting late here but I will dig into these tomorrow. Can you PM me your number?

This is normal with the territory. You are both under extreme stress dealing with all this. Perfectly normal. Recognize the stress for what it is and channel that energy into working together and fighting the real enemy. Trust me, she wants the best outcome for you as much as you do. But you already know that.

Try using mindful meditation. Mindfulness works for me.

Yes, very true brick!!! Thank you

Just saw this---very sorry to hear about it. Hope things go as smoothly and as quickly as possible to a full recovery.

Thanks mike! You as well brother!

So I just found out I need a transplant. I have a gene mutation and the excess estrogen over the years (endocrine issues) caused adenomas and the mutated gene turned the adenomas into cancer. It looks like only the large tumor is cancerous but there are numerous small tumors that can potentially become cancerous. So the only option is transplant...

However, the doctor stated because I take such good care of myself otherwise, there is a very high chance I will get moved up on the donor list because I will be receptive to a new liver. She also discussed doing a live donor transplant, which she said is preferable.

Again, thank you everyone for the support.

Mental im leaving for work now so i cant really get into it but keep your head up.

There i a lot that plays a role with liver transplant but DO NOT discuss your AAS use. DO NOT. I said on another thread about there really isnt any reason id discuss my use with my physicians as if you talking about injecting illegal drugs guess what is gonna happen to your spot on the transplant list... Now i gotta be honest. Adenomas... how common are they in males. not that common. how common are they in bodybuilders.. more common then they should be.

I got into a disagreement with someone when i posted something about adenomas and cancer and they kept insisting it was benign. Well as you just learned they can transform and i really hope other people learn from this. Im not saying the juice did it bro but honestly if i had to guess id say it played a role.

I went through some of the threads here and im appauled by people not really giving a crap about their estrogen levels except to fucking bloat. Its superficial guys!! And yes adenomas have androgen receptors too so anyone running tren better think about it.

I really have to run, but mental theres a lot we can discuss later as its gonna be a long haul at your age but being young and fit will help your chances. Dont do anything to screw up your position on that list. After you get the trasnplant there will be a whole new host of things to deal with but thats a convo for another day.

Talk soon my friend

Mental im leaving for work now so i cant really get into it but keep your head up.

There i a lot that plays a role with liver transplant but DO NOT discuss your AAS use. DO NOT. I said on another thread about there really isnt any reason id discuss my use with my physicians as if you talking about injecting illegal drugs guess what is gonna happen to your spot on the transplant list... Now i gotta be honest. Adenomas... how common are they in males. not that common. how common are they in bodybuilders.. more common then they should be.

I got into a disagreement with someone when i posted something about adenomas and cancer and they kept insisting it was benign. Well as you just learned they can transform and i really hope other people learn from this. Im not saying the juice did it bro but honestly if i had to guess id say it played a role.

I went through some of the threads here and im appauled by people not really giving a crap about their estrogen levels except to fucking bloat. Its superficial guys!! And yes adenomas have androgen receptors too so anyone running tren better think about it.

I really have to run, but mental theres a lot we can discuss later as its gonna be a long haul at your age but being young and fit will help your chances. Dont do anything to screw up your position on that list. After you get the trasnplant there will be a whole new host of things to deal with but thats a convo for another day.

Talk soon my friend

Gotgame, I do realize that AAS use certainly played a role in this, however, I have a documented history of endocrine disorders and elevated estrogen. I was put on arimidex 2.5 years ago and am now prescribed exemestane and test e.

My doctor also confirmed I have a mutation in the the beta-catenin gene AND a perfectly healthy liver with no scar tissue, fibrosis or cirrhosis.

The hospital already sent my mother forms to get bloodwork and is going to schedule her for a two day evaluation to determine compatibility for a live donor transplant.

They said they will likely go in and do a portal vein embolization to prevent the tumor from growing as the chemo drugs to treat this, according to her, are terrible and they do not want to deteriorate my health to keep my high on the list.

There is a lot I would like to talk about my friend and I truly appreciate your support.

Gotgame, I do realize that AAS use certainly played a role in this, however, I have a documented history of endocrine disorders and elevated estrogen. I was put on arimidex 2.5 years ago and am now prescribed exemestane and test e.

My doctor also confirmed I have a mutation in the the beta-catenin gene AND a perfectly healthy liver with no scar tissue, fibrosis or cirrhosis.

The hospital already sent my mother forms to get bloodwork and is going to schedule her for a two day evaluation to determine compatibility for a live donor transplant.

They said they will likely go in and do a portal vein embolization to prevent the tumor from growing as the chemo drugs to treat this, according to her, are terrible and they do not want to deteriorate my health to keep my high on the list.

There is a lot I would like to talk about my friend and I truly appreciate your support.

What endocrine disorder did you have?

You will probably be getting chemo embo with particles. Much better then systemic. There will be things too look out for with this. While I don't do general oncology I do chemo embos.

What endocrine disorder did you have?

You will probably be getting chemo embo with particles. Much better then systemic. There will be things too look out for with this. While I don't do general oncology I do chemo embos.

My pituitary gland is essentially 1/8 the size of a regular pituitary gland and does not produce adequate hormones (I recall my FSH and LH were off). When I was 24, I got bloodwork done and my testosterone was BELOW 20ng/dL. Had it tested several times after that with similar results and my estrogen was highly elevated. I NEVER touched gear at that time and took good care of my health. So after about a year and a half of testing over and again, they decided to put me on some scripts to at least normalize my testosterone and estrogen.

I'm assuming the gene mutation they saw was from the biopsy which doesn't surprise me. I mean it doesn't mean it was present at birth but all cancers have a screwdd up gene some where that's why they are what they are. They identified that as they might be trying to do target therapy in the future.

Now if it was a systemic gene mutation ...well then there's not much you could have done about that other then reduce proliferation and hope.

My pituitary gland is essentially 1/8 the size of a regular pituitary gland and does not produce adequate hormones (I recall my FSH and LH were off). When I was 24, I got bloodwork done and my testosterone was BELOW 20ng/dL. Had it tested several times after that with similar results and my estrogen was highly elevated. I NEVER touched gear at that time and took good care of my health. So after about a year and a half of testing over and again, they decided to put me on some scripts to at least normalize my testosterone and estrogen.

For educational purposes because I see this thread going on for a long time any chance u could post that Blood work. What your describing is a type of pit apoplexy (Mechanism might be slightly different) and that normally results in decrease test and estrogen. I mean if your balls can't make test and most estrogen comes from conversion how can estrogen be truely elevated. However it may have been RELATIVELY elevated meaning when compared to test levels. That's why seeing the blood work would be interesting.

For educational purposes because I see this thread going on for a long time any chance u could post that Blood work. What your describing is a type of pit apoplexy (Mechanism might be slightly different) and that normally results in decrease test and estrogen. I mean if your balls can't make test and most estrogen comes from conversion how can estrogen be truely elevated. However it may have been RELATIVELY elevated meaning when compared to test levels. That's why seeing the blood work would be interesting.

I can't find my estrogen labs... But here are the labs from December 2011 and another from a few weeks later. And yes, it was RELATIVELY speaking, as estrogen was not terrible, but the ratio of testosterone to estrogen WAS terrible

Attachments

• December 2011 Bloods 1.jpg
    December 2011 Bloods 1.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 240
  • December 2011 Bloods 2.jpg
    December 2011 Bloods 2.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 282
  • December 2011 Bloods 3.jpg
    December 2011 Bloods 3.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 276
  • December 2011 Bloods 4.jpg
    December 2011 Bloods 4.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Yea bro your pit was toast! Look at that tsh! Now remember that with lh and FSH low your test levels and estrogen levels will be down however you can still get some production from your adrenals and conversion in fat.

I think about it like an old guy... some old guys get gyno. they have decreased test levels so why do they get gyno? Its a ratio that's off and there estrogen is higher then it should be for that test level and lack of androgen to screw up aromatase a bit.

So no doubt your estrogen was all wacky but it probably wasn't in the range that guys see on cycle.

They (your doctors) may also be assuming it's from that because they don't know any other reason why you would have elevated estrogen levels and you sure as hell shouldn't tell them any other reason.

By the way. Your hdl was awesome lol

...and it took them a year and a half. Doctors can be incredibly smart about what they do, but some of them can also be incredibly dumb, and this is just another example of extreme stupidity. A year and a half with a test level lower than 20 ng/dl? Unbelievable.

Of course, this is not a knock against docs at all, but against the way the medical community often works. Its prohibitive in many ways.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws