over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diagnosed with mild sleep apnea on home test

Resmed air sense 10, or Philips dream station 2

If i bypass the dME and insurance and buy directly, is it easy to set up the pressures, ramp up etc.?? is it easy to figure out the mask fit?

Quite severe in my case.
Lol the lady called me from the sleep study office and told me I had SEVERE sleep apnea!!
It took some getting use to but now I can sleep the entire night with my mask on and it has made a HUGE difference in my sleep quality!!!!

If i bypass the dME and insurance and buy directly, is it easy to set up the pressures, ramp up etc.?? is it easy to figure out the mask fit?
Yes. There’s a ton of YouTube videos on it

just bought the resmed 10. from lofta. com ..
Yes. There’s a ton of YouTube videos on it
just purchasd the resmed 10 from lofta. thanks for ur helps brossskisss.

In addition to that, this is a great forum resource. There is software you can download to deeply analyze data and these guys will help you out.
cpaptalk.co m

If you breath through your mouth much you will likely need a full face mask. Fisher & Pickel dominate this and most people eventually find their way there for full face esp at high pressures (I've tried everything else - they gave me like 5 mask types and all brands). I have used the Simplex and Vitera (newer) both great. There are full face options with nasal pillows and mouth piece but my pressures were too high for it and it would blow up on me at night. Felt awesome though. I think it was Philips with tube on top of headgear.

Good luck!

Pretty much you just fill up the water tank and turn it on. If you find it hard to exhale while the machine is up at full pressure, turn on the ramp setting. You can set it for time, or to auto ramp when it senses you’re asleep which is what I do. If your sinuses and mouth get dry, play with the humidity and temperature if you got a heated tube(which I recommend)

When your life may depend on it you find a way to dig deep and deal with it. You will acclimate to it pretty quickly. I would recommend starting with a larger, full nose mask to get used to the feeling of having to breath through your nose and having something on your face. Once you get used to the machine/mask you can start looking for something smaller...like the nasal pillows. I have a very small, light weight head piece and with the nasal pillows and I barely notice it. I sleep on my back and on my side with it without any problems.
It's good advice to start using it for naps and such. Not a fan of having to take sleeping medication so you can wear the mask. Seems like trading one problem for another but to each their own. There should be a sticky on this topic due to the number of threads in recent months.

Update. I have tried using it a few times. No problem adjusting to the mask, but have been having tremendous amount of sinus congestion. I got the worst bacterial rhinosinusitis I have had in 7 years, and had to take antibiotics.
I was literally shivering chills etc…

I laid off from using the cpap while fighting the infection. Once better I cleaned the machine and tried it again, and while not full blown sick I am getting globs and globs of mucus being produced in my sinuses.

I allready rinse my sinuses twice a day and use a nasal steroid spray. I have been fine until I started using CPaP.

I was recommended to change the humidity setting high and low and try. Which I wil do . Currently it’s on a 4 out of 8.

If anyone else had these issues can you please provide any reckmmendations

Update. I have tried using it a few times. No problem adjusting to the mask, but have been having tremendous amount of sinus congestion. I got the worst bacterial rhinosinusitis I have had in 7 years, and had to take antibiotics.
I was literally shivering chills etc…

I laid off from using the cpap while fighting the infection. Once better I cleaned the machine and tried it again, and while not full blown sick I am getting globs and globs of mucus being produced in my sinuses.

I allready rinse my sinuses twice a day and use a nasal steroid spray. I have been fine until I started using CPaP.

I was recommended to change the humidity setting high and low and try. Which I wil do . Currently it’s on a 4 out of 8.

If anyone else had these issues can you please provide any reckmmendations
What sort of mask are you wearing?

You might want to turn the humidity up,not down.

1. Nasal Congestion​

One of the most common side effects associated with CPAP therapy is congestion or irritation of the nasal passages. This can include the feelings of stuffy nose, runny nose, a burning sensation, or nosebleeds.
Nasal congestion is caused by the flow of dry, pressurized air through the sinuses, and can be particularly common for those with frequent sinus infections.
How to Avoid It
  • For short term relief, try a nasal saline spray to moisturize your nasal passages.
  • For long term care you should consider using a CPAP humidifier. Humidification adds moisture to your airflow to relieve dryness and soothe irritation. For added relief, a heated humidifier gently warms the air as it moisturizes, for a more natural feel.

Hi,
I did a home test for sleep apnea. It came back as mild with an AHI of 7. I have excessive day time sleepiness. I was tested in 2014 with the same AHI and diagnosis and at that time I could not tolerate CPAP. my pulmonologist at that time told me there is no evidence that you absolutely need to treat mild so if I dont want to use it thats fine.

Fastforward 8 years. I really want to get used to CPAP and be compliant. Can someone tell me the best protocol to just suck it up and get used to it. I know some people recommend taking benzos for a week to get used too... Looking for any successful recommendations.

Also did anyone that had mild sleep apnea notice an objective improvement from using CPAP?
Wear it while watching tv or just laying in bed, mine was 12 times per hour doc called it mild, 12 seems enormous to me to stop breathing but I got on my CPap I look at it like another ped and can’t get good sleep without it I just didn’t know what good sleep was I’d had apnea since USMC boot camp where you are forced to sleep on your back.

I've had my resmed 10 for a year. I took (1) ambienCR 12.5mg and (1) trazadone 50mg at that time to relax and fall asleep.
I take (1) trazadone 50mg and (2) tylenol PM now to fall asleep.

been on the CPAP for about a year now. Got forced onto it by my job and although I bitched and moaned through the whole process I get INCREDIBLE sleep now. Mine was mild like yours and I didn't think it would do shit but holy moly I wish I would have done this years ago. It took me probably two weeks to get used to it.

I've had my resmed 10 for a year. I took (1) ambienCR 12.5mg and (1) trazadone 50mg at that time to relax and fall asleep.
I take (1) trazadone 50mg and (2) tylenol PM now to fall asleep.
GABA will do the trick as will hydroxyzine or Benadryl, the trick is finding the right mask and yea I too wish I’d got on it years ago now when I doze off I wake up feeling awful if I don’t use my CPap you really don’t know the benefits til you’ve used it. Imo anyway

Sleep apnea implants are the latest thing aka hypoglossal nerve stimulation. Device implanted in chest and creates neural impulses to keep tongue down while sleeping.

Just a quick update. I have been using a full face mask which seemed the best for me. I am using it between 2-4 hours a night. Most night I ended up taking it off at 2 hours almost unknowingly. I need to come up with some trick like wearing mitts to avoid that.

Even with wearing it 2-4 hours my day time sleepiness is improved. Now I dont know how much of this is placebo. My AHI was 7 on the home sleep study and when I use the CPAP it shows me the AHI read is usually between 1-2.2 .

I think if I lose 20-25 pounds I may be able to get rid of it completely. I carry some extra weight on my chest and my abdomen

What were your guys severity?
12 per hour which terrifies me but I was told that it’s significant for me but in general very mild

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear