over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Did you guys know this? Damn Centrum.

BigBoyJ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Scientists created synthetic vitamins that are cheap to make and are said to be identical in their atomic structure when compared to whole vitamins ( Vitamins directly from vegetables ). However, when polarized light was placed through these synthetic vitamins, the light acted much differently than when placed through whole vitamins. When polarized light is placed through whole vitamins, the light beam bends to the right due to its molecular rotation. When this same light passes through a synthetic vitamin, the beam split in half. Half of the light will always bend right while the other half always bends left. This proves that we have not created an identical vitamin and this is why synthetic vitamins only give you 50% of biological activity as compared to whole vitamins. In fact, research studies show that synthetic vitamins can be dangerous to your health! Synthetic stripped down processed vitamins are currently being sold in almost every brand name supplement today.

Taking the synthetic form of vitamin C, for example, can actually thicken the arterial walls of the heart by as much as 2.5 times which can lead to heart disease and can do harm to the body! Ascorbic acid ( synthetic vitamin C ) is the word that you need to watch out for!

Taking the synthetic form of vitamin A is proven to actually increase the rate of cancer which can do more harm than good to your body! But the whole vitamin A ( from vegetables ) actually does the exact opposite. Whole Vitamin A significantly reduces the rate of cancer! Most Vitamin nutrients on the market today use stripped down synthetic vitamins rather than whole vitamins straight from vegetables and fruits like our vitamin! Why? Synthetic vitamins are much cheaper to produce.

Taking the synthetic form of Vitamin E is proven to actually suck vitamins and minerals right out of the bones which can do more harm than good to the body! Once again, most vitamin supplements today are using all the synthetic vitamins because they are cheap to manufacture.

Whole Vitamins are critical for maintaining good health!

After reading this section, you will be shocked at how damaging synthetic vitamins can be to your body! Please take the time to read this entire section. If you do, you will never look at vitamins or your body the same way ever again! After reading this, please contact everyone you know and tell them about the serious effects that can happen when taking processed synthetic vitamins!

According to Taber's Medical Dictionary, vitamins are essential for normal metabolism, growth and life of the body.1 They are indispensable for the maintenance of health. Up until now there has been some controversy regarding the necessity to supplement vitamins back into the diet. The Journal of American Medical Association concluded from a study that every individual should take a multivitamin everyday, thus ending that controversy.2

Research has proven that your body begins to pay the price as it tries to compensate for nutrient deficiencies. Eventually, poor nutrition can lead to devastating consequences. According to the U.S. Surgeon General3 many people who get cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and other serious diseases, may have been able to avoid such illnesses if they had been receiving proper nutrition4 and exercise. Please do not make the mistake of thinking that your body is invincible. Your health is worth a billion dollars and it doesn't take much to give the body what it needs and deserves. Bottom line, getting the proper nutrients and micronutrients each day is critical to maintaining good health.

So now hundreds of supplement companies have looked to chemical derivatives and synthetic vitamins as a solution. The very logic of this seems irrational when you remember where vitamins come from. Vitamins are found in food, and just because current growing and processing methods have depleted the vitamins available from our foods, it does not mean that we should come up with new-fangled ways to get these micronutrients from some other source. Instead, we should look for a way to get more of the safe, effective vitamins that are available only from foods.

Let me explain by using vitamin C as an example. Ascorbic acid is often sold as vitamin C, and yet it is only a chemically derived fraction of the whole food vitamin. As it is found in food, vitamin C is a complete complex which is actually made up of ascorbic acid plus rutin, bioflavonoids, K factor and J factors - as well as other substances that no human experiment has been able to replicate. You must have all of these fractions in order for the Vitamin to be complete.

In order for the body to absorb and use a vitamin, all of the parts of the complex must be present. That means that in order to use the fractionated form of the vitamin, the body must first supply the other parts of the whole food complex. If ascorbic acid alone is ingested, the body must complete the complex by robbing its own collagen tissue of the elements that are missing in the "vitamin C" you supplied.

This process is rarely complete and can even cause increased deficiencies. A published study by Doctors Vinson and Bose showed this to be the case. They found that vitamin C from citrus extract was absorbed 35 percent more than ascorbic acid. Their conclusion was that; "Although natural and synthetic ascorbic acids are chemically identical, citrus fruits contain bioflavonoids such as naringin and hesperidin as well as carbohydrates and proteins that might affect the bioavailability."5

Another study conducted at the University of Scranton found a "significantly greater effectiveness" of citrus extract than of synthetic ascorbic acid in slowing the progression of galactose cataracts. The citrus extract was 41 percent more effective.6

Likewise, other vitamins have been shown in study after study to be more effective in their whole food form. One study by J.A. Vinson and C. Hsu, published in Medical Science Research, found whole food vitamin E and vitamin A to be more bioavailable than isolated, synthetic forms of these vitamins. In the case of vitamin A, results showed the food base product was retained 9.4 times more than the synthetic form.7

Synthetic vitamins simply cannot measure up to the real thing. As of 1996, over 3,800 different compounds have been identified in foods as having nutritional significance.8 However, in a laboratory, twenty nutrients are about all that modern science can reproduce and put into a vitamin product.

Even more of a concern than the ineffectiveness of these synthetic vitamins is the harm that they can cause.

In the case of vitamin E, large doses of the fractionated form (alpha-tocopherol) pull vitamins and minerals from the bones. Supplementation of the synthetic, alpha-tocopherol form of vitamin E showed harmful effects, including 18 percent higher incidence of lung cancer, more strokes, more heart attacks and an 8 percent increase in the overall death rate.9

Research also verifies that using just a fraction of vitamin A actually increases the risk of cancer. On the other hand, the whole food vitamin A, and foods containing vitamin A, has the opposite effect. The whole food form significantly reduces the risk of cancer.

A study done by Boston University School of Medicine and published in the New England Journal of Medicine showed that synthetic vitamin A given to pregnant women increased the risk of birth defects, including such defects as cleft lip, cleft palate, heart malformations and nervous system damage.10 No such defects were noted from ingesting whole foods that contain vitamin A.

Fractionated vitamins actually produce a drug-like reaction in the body. They stimulate increased activity of nerve cells and increase blood sugar pickup. This brings a feeling of euphoria and can create a temporary increase in energy but long term damage to the body.

One of the latest studies was on Vitamin C as synthetic ascorbic acid. It was found to thicken the walls of the arteries, a condition known as atherosclerosis. Researchers from the Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention found that of the 573 men and women studied, those who regularly took vitamin C pills as Ascorbic Acid alone developed an inner artery wall layer 2.5 times thicker than that of people who did not take synthetic supplements.11

With all this evidence to support whole food vitamins, why do you think companies continue to make and market the "cheap imitations"? The answer: Because they are cheap. However, while these companies may save money and make more profit, there is no way the synthetic forms can match the effectiveness and health promoting qualities of a whole food vitamin. The human cell recognizes and can use for fuel, repair and function, only natural, whole food complexes.

Whole food vitamins do not rob precious nutrients from the body, but supply the individual cells with the nutrients they need to flourish. For greatest gains in terms of health, take only whole food vitamins. When evaluating a vitamin supplement, you can simply read the label. Rather than multi-syllable, unpronounceable chemical names, you should find the names of foods listed as the vitamin sources. The Greatest Vitamin in the World formula lists the vitamin and then has an asterisk that refers you to the fruit and vegetable blend used as our vitamin base. This is your way of knowing that you are getting the best possible absorption and retention of your vitamins.

Remember, next to the name of any vitamin, if you don't see a name of a food or an asterisk leading you to a place on the label that tells you the food source of the vitamins, you are more than likely looking at an inexpensive, processed vitamin that is stripped of all other compounds that are normally present with vitamins that are found in fruits and vegetables. If you see the name of a food referenced to the vitamin, be excited to know that you are getting vitamins direct from the whole food and, therefore, you are also getting the essential precursors, enzymes, activators, antioxidants, and micronutrients (essential compounds) that are naturally found with vitamins. These essential compounds make it much easier for the body to absorb and utilize the vitamins you are taking! Your body deserves to be given the right vitamins that are essential for your good health

For more info, feel free to email me.
[email protected]
www.dontforgettotakeyourvitamins.com\dacy26699

Last edited:

my only problem with all that as it sounds good and all is that Don Lapre is behind it.

having been in the direct marketing biz and knowing how don operates, i sincerely doubt he is involved with a quality product as its just not what he is about....

however i will look up other whole food vitamin sources...

if i find something that isnt hype i'll post it back here for us to review..

thanks for the new line of thinking....i've been looking for something new to research..

True, Lapre does seem like a little weasel, but luckily he didn't actually develop the product, he just markets it and when it comes to marketing he knows his shit.

Taking the synthetic form of vitamin C, for example, can actually thicken the arterial walls of the heart by as much as 2.5 times which can lead to heart disease and can do harm to the body! Ascorbic acid ( synthetic vitamin C ) is the word that you need to watch out for!

I don't believe in this for sure.

so these 'whole vitamins' do those come in tablet form or is this article just suggesting that we get our vitamins from food like fruits and veggies?

; I noticed the centrum silvers (for old people-I was taking them even though I'm not old) tended to give me more energy then the synthetics 'energy vitamins' (b's) that I'm taking now

I've read similar things before about synthetitc vitamins. Always what is being spewed by companies selling a different product. I do find it hard to believe that ascorbic acid thickens the artirial walls of the heart. All that being said, I think there might be some truth to some of what is stated. I've taken tablets that were supposed to be whole fruit or whole veggies that used the same marketing as shown above. I felt better while taking them, but I was also selling them and building my downline and all of that good stuff, so I think there is a bit of a placebo effect. Let us know if you like the products.

Here's all of the references if ya'll want to research a little more. So far, from what I've seen, the claims seem to be true.

Paperbolix, the product referred to on the website comes in capsule form. Tablets are supposed to be too hard to digest and sometimes come out whole in a turd, but the capsules are supposed to be easily absorbed by the body.

1. Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, Edition 16. F.A. Davis Company: Philadelphia,1989, p. 2000.
2. JAMA 2002; 287:3116.
3. JAMA 2002; 287:3116-3126.
4. U.S. Surgeon General Report. "Physical Health and Activity Act," 1996.
5. Vinson, J.A., Bose P. Comparative Bioavailability to Humans of Ascorbic Acid Alone or in a Citrus Extract. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 1998, Vol 38, No 3, p. 601-604.
6. Vinson, J.A., et al. Comparison of Two Forms of Vitamin Con Galactose Cataracts." Nutrition Research, 1992, 12, p.915-922
7. Vinson, J.A., and Hsu. Effect of Vitamin A,E, and a citrus extract on in vitro and in vivo Lipid Peroxidation." Medical Science Research, 1992, 20, 145-146.
8. Duke, James. Handbook of Chemical Constituents of Grasses, Herbs, and other Economical Plants. CRC Press, Boca Raton. 1992
9. New England Journal of Medicine. Apr 14, 1994. Vol 330, No 13.
10. New England Journal of Medicine. Nov 23, 1995. Vol 333, No 21.
11. HSC Weekly. Feb 25, 2000, Vol 6, Issue 07.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear