over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet and Training Log - Help Needed!

Steve123

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Guys,

This is a somewhat long read (necessary to get the info out). To anyone who can provide input and follow along, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I want to do this log to help with motivation. Motivation to stick to a diet plan esspecially. I tend to love training but hate dieting. But, I'm all out of excuses.

Here's my deal. I got layed off not long ago and I'm struggling financially. I wish I could hire someone but I can't. Any insight that you experienced guys can provide would be great though.

My weight room is my basement. I have limited equipment. Example: I am building a squat rack today using 2x4s and lagbolts. I can do all the basics though and that shall be good enough for now.

Sorry for the long prelude. Here is where I'm at currently.

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 239#
BF: Calipers at gym recently read 16% but there is no way. My experience tells me I'm no less than 20 and probably closer to 25%.

Goals:
By year end: 10-12% BF.
By March 31: Contest Ready for the New Englands Novice (maybe masters)

Supplements:
250mg Test E, every 10 days. More a TRT dose
Creatine Post Work OUt
Multi
Vitamin E, C, CoQ10 post workout

Gear:
outside of the low Test dose, I plan to stay clean. If I'm ready to compete in the spring, I may consider a 12 week prep cycle but only if I'm going to compete. Otherwise, no gear for me.

Here's what I'm thinking for a diet:
For now, I think anything I do consistently will pay off in short order. The silver lining in being this fat is that just cleaning the diet up a bit can get the fat moving fast!

Carbs: 200-250g (200 on non training days)
Pro: 200-250g (250 on non training days)
Fat: 100g
No re-feeds for now.
Keep it just shy of 3k. That's roughly 12 calories/Pound ofbodyweight.

As for food sources, I'm just going to keep it simple but clean.

Training:
I'm following the "Ultimate Hypertrophy Training" by RazorCuts. I can't follow it to a T because of the lack of equipement but I can get real close. I will lift EOD to allow enough recovery.

Cardio:
For now, I am doing a 3 mile walk. I jog the last 1 mile and every other time I'm doing intervals between the telephone poles for that mile. Over all it's about 30minutes of walking and 9 minutes or so of jogging.

I will post my emabarring ass pics ASAP.

For now, Thank you for reading this and feel free to provide commentary.

Thanks,
Steve

Its not ideal, but its ok, sure! Stick to it

Thanks Phil.

You know, there is actually allot you can do with limited equipment when you set your mind to it. Anyway, it's only temporary.

Guys,

This is a somewhat long read (necessary to get the info out). To anyone who can provide input and follow along, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I want to do this log to help with motivation. Motivation to stick to a diet plan esspecially. I tend to love training but hate dieting. But, I'm all out of excuses.

Here's my deal. I got layed off not long ago and I'm struggling financially. I wish I could hire someone but I can't. Any insight that you experienced guys can provide would be great though.

My weight room is my basement. I have limited equipment. Example: I am building a squat rack today using 2x4s and lagbolts. I can do all the basics though and that shall be good enough for now.

Sorry for the long prelude. Here is where I'm at currently.

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 239#
BF: Calipers at gym recently read 16% but there is no way. My experience tells me I'm no less than 20 and probably closer to 25%.

Goals:
By year end: 10-12% BF.
By March 31: Contest Ready for the New Englands Novice (maybe masters)

Supplements:
250mg Test E, every 10 days. More a TRT dose
Creatine Post Work OUt
Multi
Vitamin E, C, CoQ10 post workout

Gear:
outside of the low Test dose, I plan to stay clean. If I'm ready to compete in the spring, I may consider a 12 week prep cycle but only if I'm going to compete. Otherwise, no gear for me.

Here's what I'm thinking for a diet:
For now, I think anything I do consistently will pay off in short order. The silver lining in being this fat is that just cleaning the diet up a bit can get the fat moving fast!

Carbs: 200-250g (200 on non training days)
Pro: 200-250g (250 on non training days)
Fat: 100g

No re-feeds for now.
Keep it just shy of 3k. That's roughly 12 calories/Pound ofbodyweight.

As for food sources, I'm just going to keep it simple but clean.

Training:
I'm following the "Ultimate Hypertrophy Training" by RazorCuts. I can't follow it to a T because of the lack of equipement but I can get real close. I will lift EOD to allow enough recovery.

Cardio:
For now, I am doing a 3 mile walk. I jog the last 1 mile and every other time I'm doing intervals between the telephone poles for that mile. Over all it's about 30minutes of walking and 9 minutes or so of jogging.

I will post my emabarring ass pics ASAP.

For now, Thank you for reading this and feel free to provide commentary.

Thanks,
Steve

OK, I highlighted some areas that should be discussed. First of all, you know it is you and your Diet. That new Diet is not going to get you real lean either. Not enough Protein and too much fats. In order for any cardio to be effective in burning fat, you need aprox 70-85% of maximun heart rate.

Here is what really jumped out to me, you can not afford a trainer, but can afford supplements, Test and the high cost of a show. I know how much shows cost, because I did plenty. I think you need to look at your priorities in life. First find a job, 2nd start with your own self and motivation (no one can do that for you), 3rd hire a trainer to improve your body. After that, nothing is really that as important, as these three.

OK, I highlighted some areas that should be discussed. First of all, you know it is you and your Diet. That new Diet is not going to get you real lean either. Not enough Protein and too much fats. In order for any cardio to be effective in burning fat, you need aprox 70-85% of maximun heart rate.

Here is what really jumped out to me, you can not afford a trainer, but can afford supplements, Test and the high cost of a show. I know how much shows cost, because I did plenty. I think you need to look at your priorities in life. First find a job, 2nd start with your own self and motivation (no one can do that for you), 3rd hire a trainer to improve your body. After that, nothing is really that as important, as these three.

Thanks Pesty. Allow me to clarify so this doesn't appear to be a lack of priorities. I don't want you guys thinking I'm a dope so I regret not being more clear.

I will definitely be hiring a trainer and I realize how much shows are having been there and done that myself. The financial issue is temporary. Once I get a job, I would certainly prioritize having a coach/trainer. For the next month or two, I expect to be a bit wobbly financially but I still want to get the ball rolling and thought I would get peoples feedback. The motivation, to your point, comes from within and I have that. But, you have to admit that it can help to have added support from those who have experience.

For supplements, The testosterone is necessary unfortunately. My levels are in the dirt naturally; hence the low dose. Blood work reveals that this dose is sufficient. I would not add any other supplements until all other basics are covered.

So what I'm hearing from you for now, is maybe jack the protein up a little, shave off some fat grams and adjust the cardio intensity.

Maybe:
250C
300P
50F

For cardio I'll just get more dilligent about checking heart rate and making sure I'm where I need to be.

Would that adjustment make sense?

Thanks

hey bro i will be here to give you any positive energy i can, stick to your diet or i will be chewing your but!

Update 7/1/10

hey bro i will be here to give you any positive energy i can, stick to your diet or i will be chewing your but!

Thanks Mex! That's huge!

Update: 7/1/10
Based in part on what Pesty said above, I upped the protein a bit and dropped off the fat (figuring about 50g). That pretty much gives me a 40/40/20 macro split and a fairly sharp deficit, but with enough cusion for future cuts.

For cardio, I'll be increasing the higher intensity component to about 20 minutes daily. This too will probably get things heading in the right direction while allowing plenty of room for progression.

If past returns are indicitive of future performance at all, I would expect to drop a whole boat load of water over the next week. The point being, I'm not sure how much insight I'll have to what is and isn't working for a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Sample Daily Meals

Here's a sample. Fire away with any suggestions or comments.

Meal 1:
1 Cup Total with 1/2 C. Skim Milk
6 Egg Whites/2 Yolks. Omlet with onions/peppers and Brocholi

Meal 2:
Tuna Pasta Salad
2 Cans of Tuna
1/2 TBSP Mayo + 1 TBSN Dijon Mustard (provides a good consistency without too much fat)
1 Cup Whole Wheat Pasta + Chopped Celery, Peppers and Onion

Meal 3:
6 OZ. Chicken
6 OZ. Yam

Meal 4:
6 OZ. Lean Meat (beef, chicken, turkey or Fish)
Garden Salad with 1/2 TBSP Olive Oil and VInegar with assorted Spices

Meal 5:
6 Egg Whites

This day comes up to about 200Carb/ 270Pro / 51Fat

Your macros are not adding up for me.

Hmm. I put it all into Fitday and that's what I came up with. Where did you see an error?

That's most likely why then. Those program count incidental calories and macros as well. Not saying anything is wrong with it though.

if this is your clean diet and you went from eating whatever to this diet, it should yield results once weight lose halts you can make adjustments.

Not enough saturated fats.. Carb choices are not the best and not properly placed in diet.. No way that diet is 270g protein..

Thanks Guys! I appreciate you all. Based on the commentary above, I made some tweaks. First around carb selection and timing; second around total protein consumption and finally I added some Sat Fats in the way of beef. Let me know if this is a litte more reasonable.

M1: 12 eggs (3 yolks), 2 oz. Oats

M2: 8 oz. Chicken, 8 oz. Yam

M3: 9 oz. Tuna, 1 Oz. Brown Rice, 1 medium Apple

M4: 8 oz. Beef or other meat with a little higher Sat Fat, Salad, Olive Oil + Cidar Vinegar

Shake to Consume during workout: 57 grams Whey + 40g Waxxy Maize. Workout will generally occur between meals 2 and 3.

This, at least according to Fitday, provides the following Macros:

Calories: 2670
Carb: 202
Fat: 62
Pro: 327

Keep in mind that Fitday calculates incidental Protein.

My logic here is to keep the protein as consistent as possible along all the meals.
carbs to be consumed first thing AM and around the workout
Lower AM Fat; higher PM fat (dietary)
Workout Nutrition - sip shake during weight training. On cardio only days, just consume immediately post workout.
Meals more or lessed spaced about 4 hours appart.

That looks better, but when i said saturated fats i meant from sources like coconut oil, grass fed butter, red palm oil, grass fed meats and dairy.. I do NOT recommend saturated fats from grain fed animal meats..

Last edited:
That looks better, but when i said saturated fats i meant from sources like coconut oil, grass fed butter, red palm oil, grass fed meats and dairy.. I do NOT recommend saturated fats from grain fed animal meats..

Thanks. What I'll do is get some Coconut Oil. Unfortunately, I'm in a temporary financial squeeze right now that precludes the purchase of items like the Grass fed cattle. I would certainly prefer to eat likt that though. A bottle of C-oil though is not a big stretch. It taste damn good too!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131