YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

diet bulk experiment ( replacing all protein with EAA's)

nfernoo

Banned
I'm gonna do an experiment for this bulk.
I'll be replacing all but 100 grams of protein with EAA's.
The plan is to drink 32oz egg whites and 120 grams EAA'S a day for two months.
My calories and such will be the same but they will come from other sources (those I lose from whey shakes or meat proteins)

I hear mixed reviews about replacing protein with Essential Amino Acids. I'm wondering if people aren't upping their calories while doing this supposed replacement.
I might add in BCAA'S just to make sure.

Thoughts? Real experiences?

I couldnt go without eating animals.

the taste of rare meat gives me goose bumps when im hungry.

I don't think it seems like a good idea...
I wouldn't do all shakes either though...

I really like eating animal...
no replacement!

Things to consider:
1) thermic effect of food
2) EAA content of meals being replaced versus how many grams of EAAs you'll be consuming
3) how long EAAs alone will sustain protein synthesis as compared to complete proteins
4) the role of non essential amino acids in metabolic and hormonal processes
5) micronutrients
6) kcals in EAAs

Last edited:
I'm gonna do an experiment for this bulk.
I'll be replacing all but 100 grams of protein with EAA's.
The plan is to drink 32oz egg whites and 120 grams EAA'S a day for two months.
My calories and such will be the same but they will come from other sources (those I lose from whey shakes or meat proteins)

I hear mixed reviews about replacing protein with Essential Amino Acids. I'm wondering if people aren't upping their calories while doing this supposed replacement.
I might add in BCAA'S just to make sure.

Thoughts? Real experiences?

Whats the point?

Do you see professional bodybuilders doing this? It seems a little extreme.

Carry on eating solid food, get the micronutrients in and remain consistent.

There is a Humapro thread in here somewhere that has a guy who did something similar..... Humapro was his protein source, jasmine rice his carb source and coconut oil as hit fat source. He also ate lots of green veggies..... the guy got pretty damn lean but IMO he lost a lil bit of muscle as well...... but he looked great... gonna try and find that thread tonight...... I LOVE Humapro and have it in my diet year round.. obviously more when I'm chiseling down.

There is a Humapro thread in here somewhere that has a guy who did something similar..... Humapro was his protein source, jasmine rice his carb source and coconut oil as hit fat source. He also ate lots of green veggies..... the guy got pretty damn lean but IMO he lost a lil bit of muscle as well...... but he looked great... gonna try and find that thread tonight...... I LOVE Humapro and have it in my diet year round.. obviously more when I'm chiseling down.

Read that which is the reason for my experiment.

As far as "do I see pros doing this"
I actually read that many have switched their protein foods with whey, or simply cut down half of their meat intake and replaced with whey.
I've seen many builder here mention it as well.

I can't physically eat enough protein so egg whites I'm good with. and I wanna see what the hype is all about with eaa's replacing protein.

Things to consider:
1) thermic effect of food
2) EAA content of meals being replaced versus how many grams of EAAs you'll be consuming
3) how long EAAs alone will sustain protein synthesis as compared to complete proteins
4) the role of non essential amino acids in metabolic and hormonal processes
5) micronutrients
6) kcals in EAAs

You and a Rex guy where talking about this in another thread.i believe I remember you mentioned adding bcaas as icing on the cake. It was a eea to replace protein thread.

Read that which is the reason for my experiment.

As far as "do I see pros doing this"
I actually read that many have switched their protein foods with whey, or simply cut down half of their meat intake and replaced with whey.
I've seen many builder here mention it as well.

I can't physically eat enough protein so egg whites I'm good with. and I wanna see what the hype is all about with eaa's replacing protein.

IMO whey sucks..... I bloat like a pig and fart all over the place....just don't digest it well.... Once I switched to EAA's I haven't looked back....

You and a Rex guy where talking about this in another thread.i believe I remember you mentioned adding bcaas as icing on the cake. It was a eea to replace protein thread.

I believe that was in reference to intra workout only... and YOU DO REALIZE, BCASS ARE INCLUDED IN EAAs...

That does not address any of the points above. I would suggest understanding the things I pointed out before running your experiment...

Milos talked about that, google it and come back to us with the way you plan doing them for discussion

I b.elieve that was in reference to intra workout only... and YOU DO REALIZE, BCASS ARE INCLUDED IN EAAs...

That does not address any of the points above. I would suggest understanding the things I pointed out before running your experiment...

I think You should read what u posted

I think You should read what u posted

Why don't you address the points I questioned as this is your thread... I'm not trying to be a dick but posting links doesn't show an understanding of the metabolic processes involved in your experiment

NEAAs are important as are micronutrients found in whole foods. Additionally, EAAs vs whole proteins have a different thermic effect...

Last edited:
I think it's too extreme but I love an experiment :) Another key factor is your source for EAA's. You want to make sure you are getting the best you can buy. Before and after pics?

Why don't you address the points I questioned as this is your thread... I'm not trying to be a dick but posting links doesn't show an understanding of the metabolic processes involved in your experiment

NEAAs are important as are micronutrients found in whole foods. Additionally, EAAs vs whole proteins have a different thermic effect...

You're not being a dick.
I'm posting what you said that you seemed to forget.

I think it's too extreme but I love an experiment :) Another key factor is your source for EAA's. You want to make sure you are getting the best you can buy. Before and after pics?

True nutrition.
And I'll consider before and after pics. As far as posting

I would consider using EAAs to replace some protein for those eating more than 1.2 gm/lb. EAAs are a supplement and should be used as such. Not as a complete replacement for whole proteins.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131