over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

diet/cutting for summer need some suggestions

ds44

Registered
guys i'm trying to cut for summer here's my stats 6'1 265 42 yrs young gear free since sept.2010 and i'm doing this gear free and natural right now!

i started jan. 1, i started at 275 and i'm now 265, down 10 lbs thats it i'm not real happy with my my progress any suggestions...would be appreciated from highly experienced members

Meal 1: 7:00am 1 scoop whey with water

Meal 2: 9:00am 2 scoops whey with water and 1 cup oats add splenda

Meal 3: 12:00pm 8 oz of chicken breast

Meal 4 3:00pm 8 oz chicken breast with 4 oz of brown rice

Meal 5: 4:45pm 1 scoop protein shake in water and no carbs this meal

Meal 6: 6:30pm 8 oz of chicken and 4 oz of brown rice...

Meal 7 9:00pm casein shake in water

i have not done any carb cycling.....

my workouts, 30 -35 minutes weights and 30 minutes of intense cardio heart beats around 145... cardio is 6 days a week.....

I'm not sure whats happeing but i'm not losing the weight as quick as i normally do........not real happy......

Last edited:
My first thought is that is a very low cal diet and after several days of that your gonna slow your metabolism down , and their appears to be no added fats to that??
what suppliments are you taking now?

How long have you been running that diet?

i'm not taking any supplements. running diet about 6 weeks....

@Q i have been bulky and lifting heavy has been a majority of my life. I guess i'm at a point where i'm lifting intense but shorten my workouts to add a good balance of cardio which i have been neglecting my entire life....

i think my issues are more with diet...

thanks for a reply it's appreciated....

My first thought is that is a very low cal diet and after several days of that your gonna slow your metabolism down , and their appears to be no added fats to that??
what suppliments are you taking now?

How long have you been running that diet?

Agree completley......

first of all...as you diet your leptin levels will regulate to slow down your metabolism due to the decrease in calories and loss of body fat....it is all homeostasis.... My thoughts are that carb up days are a must....it resets your leptin levels and keeps your metabolism up....add EFA's as well high protein, low carb, mod fat will get your body metabolising fat more efficiently. You need fats to burn fats. Your body will take energy from carbs if present or from fats...if the energy source isn't there then it will slow down thinking you are starving.
Reading through Body Opus, CKD diets, The Paleo Diet, and all of Lyle McDonalds books all shed light on this.
I found that keeping my complex carbs to first thing in the morning and just post workout, with fats, green vegies added later in the day - no complex carbs after 2pm works well.

I am no expert....these are just my experiences ....hope it is a start

hire alex or phil maybe? take the guess work out of it.

1- how fat are you right now?
2- weight loss is great... how many inches have you lost around your waist in those 6 weeks?
3- are you using any fat burners?

you will always look like shit dieting (ESPECIALLY NATURALLY) until you hit the 10% mark. where are you now? if you started at a high bodyfat, you will look really bad while dieting until, as i said, you reach 10% fat.

i find your calories to be fine... around 1800 cals for someone who is 265 lbs is fine... but are you having any cheat days?

btw... this whole metabolic slow down thing is negligible until you hit the 5% fat point... please read the research about "starvation diets" and read the experiment carefully to know how it's been skewed and people only took what they wanted from it and started "re-wording" the rest of the research.

you're getting more than enough protein, and your workout is adequate... you only need time...

hire alex or phil maybe? take the guess work out of it.

yea if you can afford it i'd hire a trainer in a heart beat it sure the hell helps ALOT.
I'd keep Alex on payroll if i could afford it

Try a PSMF for 12 days. You could lose a bunch of fat if you could stick to it.

1- how fat are you right now?
2- weight loss is great... how many inches have you lost around your waist in those 6 weeks?
3- are you using any fat burners?

you will always look like shit dieting (ESPECIALLY NATURALLY) until you hit the 10% mark. where are you now? if you started at a high bodyfat, you will look really bad while dieting until, as i said, you reach 10% fat.

i find your calories to be fine... around 1800 cals for someone who is 265 lbs is fine... but are you having any cheat days?

btw... this whole metabolic slow down thing is negligible until you hit the 5% fat point... please read the research about "starvation diets" and read the experiment carefully to know how it's been skewed and people only took what they wanted from it and started "re-wording" the rest of the research.

you're getting more than enough protein, and your workout is adequate... you only need time...

i guess about 18% BF, about 2inches maybe 3, no fat burners. one cheat day per week...

Last edited:

really?...i would f-ing starve on that many cals at that body weight. i need energy to lift and do cardio.

really?...i would f-ing starve on that many cals at that body weight. i need energy to lift and do cardio.

the funny part is i'm never hungry on that diet ever, or just when i start to get hungry i'm eating again.....

I would cut back on the shakes and keep one for PWO, and use whole foods for the rest. I find it jacks the metabolism a lot more eating less shakes and you will look a lot better as well.

Carbs only when needed, like breakfast and pwo.

Also adding in some healthy fats would be good, throw in a salmon meal or some whole eggs for breakfast.

i think one of the main goals for a diet to be lean is that you should "starve" and you should get all that energy from the tons of fat stored in the body. but these days, i see people just changing the location of fat in their body from sub-q to visceral by "dieting" on 3000 cals. then they complain about the huge waists :D

the funny part is i'm never hungry on that diet ever, or just when i start to get hungry i'm eating again.....

same as me... i would assume that just means we're efficient at absorbing nutrients and digesting them...

and about your progress... you lost 2 to 3 inches on the waist in 6 weeks... around 0.5 inches per week... that's excellent progress... and you lost 10 lbs... just stay with it! seriously bro... you need 8% more fat to lose, then you'd start looking effing awesome! just be patient.

i think one of the main goals for a diet to be lean is that you should "starve" and you should get all that energy from the tons of fat stored in the body. but these days, i see people just changing the location of fat in their body from sub-q to visceral by "dieting" on 3000 cals. then they complain about the huge waists :D

same as me... i would assume that just means we're efficient at absorbing nutrients and digesting them...

and about your progress... you lost 2 to 3 inches on the waist in 6 weeks... around 0.5 inches per week... that's excellent progress... and you lost 10 lbs... just stay with it! seriously bro... you need 8% more fat to lose, then you'd start looking effing awesome! just be patient.

thanks man, and i'm staying with it for sure!

how are YOU feeling on this diet?

personally, if i diet while having MANY liquid meals, i am fucking STARVING an hour later. i would switch out your many whey shakes with lean protein and veggies and i swear you wont feel like you are eating your body away.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws