over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet follow-up

Ah my apologies. My stats are 175 23% bf at 5'10. I wouldn't say I'm too fat but I can grab my stomach fat with one hand, sometimes half the amount when I'm leaner. But in bodybuilding, that is definitely fat lol. I know most people suggest not to go over 15% bf.

I would consider myself fat at 15%.

300g of protein from all foods together like from carb too or from just protein sources such as meat/eggs....?
Protein from everything, but I don't eat carbs about 90% of the time, I'm usually on a ketogenic diet, so protein from meat sources, nuts, and cheese

Personally, as part of my fat loss diet, I am eating 1.5g of protein per pound of LBM. This rule of thumb has served me well in the past. You're mileage may vary.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Body Builder, or any other competitive athlete, and I'm not running cycles of gear, gh etc. Just an average Joe looking to go shirtless at the Beach this summer and not get accidently harpooned.

I would consider myself fat at 15%.
I agree as well. We're on a bodybuilding forum. But if someone who isn't competing asked me if 25% bf is fat, I'd say no. I'd say people will look good at a leaner bf%, but 15% is no reason for alarm.

Personally, as part of my fat loss diet, I am eating 1.5g of protein per pound of LBM. This rule of thumb has served me well in the past. You're mileage may vary.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Body Builder, or any other competitive athlete, and I'm not running cycles of gear, gh etc. Just an average Joe looking to go shirtless at the Beach this summer and not get accidently harpooned.

Thank you for your contribution to the thread. In all honesty, the reason for my inquiry wasn't just for gains but for the brutal fact we as bodybuilders may need to consider improving our physiques eating less meat and whey protein with the crazy inflation that is going on. A container of icebreakers gum where I live in San Diego is $5. I don't think I've ever seen prices that high in my life at 31.

I agree as well. We're on a bodybuilding forum. But if someone who isn't competing asked me if 25% bf is fat, I'd say no. I'd say people will look good at a leaner bf%, but 15% is no reason for alarm.
25% BF is considered fat. Over 25% BF is actually considered obese. Not everyone on this forum competes either. My standards are different then yours too.

25% BF is considered fat. Over 25% BF is actually considered obese. Not everyone on this forum competes either. My standards are different then yours too.

LOL. I cannot believe it typed up wrong. I meant 15% bf, not 25%. I'm pretty sure you're gonna laugh too once you see it makes more sense now haha.

The appearance of these percentages seem to vary too depending on the individual, which I think is why so many people think they're leaner than they actually are. For example, at 20% I have visible abs and separation in my Quads. At 10% or under, I generally feel like I might die off at any given time. Maybe my measurements are wrong. I do use a floor EI scale so maybe I'm < 20% when I can see abs. Who knows. 25%-30% is probably where the average guy is at out there.

The last i checked there is no medical definition for how much adipose tissue a person can have before they are considered fat. And the dictionary leaves it up to the individual to decide what they think is fat. The only medical definition that i know of is for BMI. And back when i was still natural i could walk around obese with abs showing. The same % of bodyfat can look different depending on the amount of muscle and the structure. I quit getting excited about numbers a while ago. If i am comfortable where i am then it is OK if not then i do something about it and what others think matters zero to me.

The appearance of these percentages seem to vary too depending on the individual, which I think is why so many people think they're leaner than they actually are. For example, at 20% I have visible abs and separation in my Quads. At 10% or under, I generally feel like I might die off at any given time. Maybe my measurements are wrong. I do use a floor EI scale so maybe I'm < 20% when I can see abs. Who knows. 25%-30% is probably where the average guy is at out there.

According to the American Council on Exercise, the average for a guy is 18% to 24% body fat; 15% to 17% body fat puts you in the fitness category, while 6% to 13% body fat is athlete status.

Body fat scales are not very accurate at estimating a person's body fat percentage. I feel great at 10%. I feel sluggish at anything over 15%. Maybe it is because I got use to being leaner.

That is why USA is now at 42% obesity. People seem to normalize it and celebrate it. Obesity is serious because it is associated with poorer mental health outcomes and reduced quality of life. Obesity is also associated with the leading causes of death in the United States and worldwide, including diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and some types of cancer.

That is why USA is now at 42% obesity. People seem to normalize it and celebrate it. Obesity is serious because it is associated with poorer mental health outcomes and reduced quality of life. Obesity is also associated with the leading causes of death in the United States and worldwide, including diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and some types of cancer.
It seems finding people who aren't afraid to tell it like it is is missing in this sport. Like bros, you're on a bodybuilding forum where ifbb pros actually want to post. People who don't have the mindset to maximize their off-season and do their cut well or at least maintain a bf% conducive to maximal muscle gain don't belong here.

Ey man, our voices will be drowned out when the likes of Tess Holliday and Lizzo get as many eyes as even the most prolific bodybuilder today.

I get what you are saying but pesty is a competitive bodybuilder so you gotta keep that in mind.

I get what you are saying but pesty is a competitive bodybuilder so you gotta keep that in m

According to the American Council on Exercise, the average for a guy is 18% to 24% body fat; 15% to 17% body fat puts you in the fitness category, while 6% to 13% body fat is athlete status.

Body fat scales are not very accurate at estimating a person's body fat percentage. I feel great at 10%. I feel sluggish at anything over 15%. Maybe it is because I got use to being leaner.
I hear you. I'm sure you've been allot more consistent than me. I've gotten used to being fat.

I hear you. I'm sure you've been allot more consistent than me. I've gotten used to being fat.
You're not alone, man. The brutal truth is covid revealed many of us. So many of us got laid off and had to depend on unemployment. We had all the time in the world now.

And yet, we got out of shape. We lost muscle. All those times, you heard, "If I had all the time in the world and enough money, I could get in the best shape of my life!"

What a load of bullshit that turned out to be for many including myself. I live with that truth to this day.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws