over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet Gurus....this is CRAZY

medici999

Banned
Right...this is taken off another site.
But wanted peoples opinions on it?

This is advice to someone who is dieting..

"Ok for those who are interested here are my thoughts,

4x / day 10g BCAA 5g Leucine
1 of these will be first thing in the am just before or during am cardio
1 will be during weight training, with this serving include 30g of sugar
1 will be post weight training
1 will be before bed

On the days your not weight training (3) the first and last will remain the same, one will be during your afternoon session of cardio and the 4th will be at any point during the day. Ideally shoot to have the 4 servings as evenly spread out as possible

Meal are all the same, start with 5 meals, 30g protein in the form of lean meat, 15g fat - evoo, seeds, nuts etc - evenly spaced throughout. Add to each meal vegetables, as many as you want - no limit. Veggies to include at some point during the day, cauliflower, spinach, broccoli.

pete only 150g of protein a day?
Yep, +40g BCAA and 20 g leucine - that's an important component You may be surprised Hulk - you may not need as much protein as you think. BCAAs are not the same thing as ingesting protein. When you consume 100g of protein, only about 20g actually makes it past the liver to contribute to the AA pool in your blood to participate in protein synthesis. 12g of that are BCAAs i thot the liver ran on glycogen primarily fructose.

are u just saying the liver breaks protein down to the tune of 80%?
so basically 40 of AA's is equal to 200g of injested protein?

after the liver breaks it down where does it go? you certainly arent shitting it out bc you barely shit on a diet anyways. If I remember correctly BCAAs are absorbed straight into the blood stream and don't have to be digested to use. Any time something changes form there is energy lost so it makes sense some protein is pissed into the wind during digestion but I had no idea it was so high and to be honest I'm somewhat skeptical. not burned for fuel -

yes your right, liver fills up with fructose, and once full, any further ingested fructose is transformed into triglycerides and released into the blood stream.

Your getting caught in the mentality that the only sink for ingested protein is muscle mass. Thousands of enzymes are made from proteins. The liver catbolizes the protein and produces lots of different end products. These other end points for protein are turned over at a much greater rate then muslce tissue and therefore often require the bulk of the ingested protein.

Originally Posted by HULK1550
i understand about the liver and what it does. i actually had a looong discussion with my sister who is a vet and her husband who is a doctor.
i didnt realize that 1g of BCAA was basically equal (for muscle purposes) to 5g of injested protein.

Actually closer to 10g, about 12% of the protein you ingest is going to make it too the blood stream as BCAAs

What PC is looking at doing, or at least I assume he is, is trying to cut as much extra fat as possible and has accepted that he needs to transition from muscle building to simply muscle preservation. This is where this works well.

When dieting to get ripped, once your liver has maxed out on it's protein needs, and your blood AA pools are full, you liver now undergoes glycogenolysis with the left over protein - production of glucose. And if your muscle glycogen levels are full, and so is your blood glucose level, another tranformation takes place which converts all the extra glucose into fat for storage, which your body has now become incredibly efficient at because it thinks it's starving.

BCAAs can also be very advantageous in reguar training both during and post workout.

Originally Posted by PeteM
BCAAs can also be very advantageous in reguar training both during and post workout.

Pete, is standard whey basically useless then for dieting if you have access to BCAAs?

i wouldn't call it useless, up to poin it certainly serves a purpose - just look at the olympia competitors, I'm sure many of them consume whey constantly.

For most people how ever there will come a point where they will stall and need to drop their calories even further, at this point, BCAAs can allow you cut out some protein calories, but still work to maintain blood levels of AA which are critical for muscle preservation. This is part of the great challenge of physique sports, its a very individualized thing and it can take along time to lean just how to listen to what the body is telling you.

Hulk, what I posted was for PC, based on his time line, where he is now, and that I think in 7 weeks he can have visible abs. Would it work for you, I don't know, maybe.

Part of the equation is also where the BCAAs are placed, more specifically during and after workout and first thing in the am during cardio. Due the the fact that they will be absorbed and apear in the blood stream rather quickly, they are most effective at this time. The greatest rate of amino acid transport from the blood into the muscle is during muscular contraction, post workout is second. As for the evening / pre bed time dose, it's topping up blood levels right before the time when protein synthesis peaks.

Last edited:
Pretty much done this many times to get cut in the past and it works. Its low carb amino load between meals and around workouts. All the fiberous low gi veggies you can eat and healthy fats. It kind of looks like Dr Serrano diet needs some omega 3s,CLA in there instead of just EVOO. I had my protein at 40g at meals though and a piece of fruit around workout with aminos. You can use LBA as well with this plan and add more leucine.

Ah ok.
Looks more like its a crash diet...id be scared of losing muscle big time! But I'm up for trying it tbh

Last edited:
Pretty much done this many times to get cut in the past and it works. Its low carb amino load between meals and around workouts. All the fiberous low gi veggies you can eat and healthy fats. It kind of looks like Dr Serrano diet needs some omega 3s,CLA in there instead of just EVOO. I had my protein at 40g at meals though and a piece of fruit around workout with aminos. You can use LBA as well with this plan and add more leucine.

So then in-between meals you have the bcaa instead of food or a shake?

So then in-between meals you have the bcaa instead of food or a shake?

Yes and before during and after workouts. It just seems like the person added a couple more meals to the zero tolerance diet and forgot to mention including more healthy fats oemga 3s.

**broken link removed**

Yes and before during and after workouts. It just seems like the person added a couple more meals to the zero tolerance diet and forgot to mention including more healthy fats oemga 3s.

**broken link removed**

You are correct!!!

Would a product like Scivation Xtend serve the purpose of my BCAA's...

**broken link removed**

?

I will tell you this. George Farah only has one kidney so he only eats 100-150g protein a day. He uses BCAA's 3 times a day and he holds alot of muscle...

Would EAA's not be better than BCAA's?

It's very hard to attribute any perceived gains or muscle retention to one factor, in this case BCAAs or EAAs or Leucine. Even if it "works" it impossible to say for sure what did what exactly. The building of contractile muscle protein is a slow process anyway. No one I know ever said they really noticed amino acid supplementation in any way. It's just protein basically. Myself and a lot of people I know have used the Scivation extend for example, and while it won't hurt, it's not really something you miss once you drop it.

Would EAAs be better than BCAAs? I don't know. One situation where I can theoretically see EAA supplementation helping is in the final stages of contest prep if you need to drop calories even further and carbs and fats can't really come down much more an you need to reduce the dietary protein. Say replacing 20g of dietary protein with 10g of EAA... you get what you need most with less calories.

JMO. :)

Would EAA's not be better than BCAA's?

I would use both or you can use LBA's.

EAA promote protein synthesis and BCAA prevent muscle breakdown and muscle damage, but they do not increase protein synthesis.

Studies show at least 10 gram of essential amino acids with a higher concentration of Leucine allows for maximum protein synthesis.

Make sure you have a higher at least 4/1 ratio of Leucine in the formula. More Leucine is better. I think a few companies have 8/1 formula now.

I like:

LBA during day in between meals, or something like LG Science EEA +BCA

Purple Wraath before and during workout , which has EEA + BCA in it. To me it is best workout formula.

Post workout USP Land Modern Amino with 8/1 Leucine ratio

or you can go to Truprotein and make your own formulas.

Last edited:
Medici is a flake. Here's the thing and type of person we are dealing with here...he posts here copying what he seen at the board I Moderate on, basically trying to belittle the member who posted this information in the original post, then a day or two later gets help from the same guy and praises him.
**broken link removed**

Normally I wouldn't make a big deal out of this, but I don't like people who function in this manner, and Pete is a great guy on top of this and went out of his way to help medici.....probably for FREE, and imo doesn't deserve this kind of treatment, no member does in my opinion.

I'm not a BCAA fan, but differences aside, medici is naive to think he can do this without people posting at both boards and getting caught.

...not that he hasn't been called out already here in the past.

Peace.

I will tell you this. George Farah only has one kidney so he only eats 100-150g protein a day. He uses BCAA's 3 times a day and he holds alot of muscle...

Remember Carbs are muscle sparing.

Is it true that BCAA's are not anabolic and only anti-catabolic?
I have been under the impression that 10g BCAA's are about as anabolic as whey iso at 40g. I don't remember where I was reading it exactly, but at one point I was reading a lot of threads about BCAA's and EAA's at IA and IM.

Is it true that BCAA's are not anabolic and only anti-catabolic?
I have been under the impression that 10g BCAA's are about as anabolic as whey iso at 40g. I don't remember where I was reading it exactly, but at one point I was reading a lot of threads about BCAA's and EAA's at IA and IM.

I sip eithee scivation extend or dymatize bcaaa all day dieting. They taste better than sugar free koolaid so I wash my meals down with then too. Kinda,like a fruity blue rasberry treat

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

you'd probably be better off scrapping the BCAA's, and just replacing it with even more leucine.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131