over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet/ Nutrition Advice

gadawgs29

Newbies
I'm looking to really get my diet in check. I haven't done a lot of strong dieting over the past years while training. I start one do it for 2 months and then stop trying.

currently I'm wanting to cut 20 lbs or get my BF% down into low 20s. Currently its at 31. I am at 208 lbs 5'9" . I workout out 3 days a week doing upper lower splits MWF. I work on weekends and its mostly sitting at a desk.

I am looking for some help with meal planning mostly. I eat fairly clean but most of the time i slack because I have no idea what to fix and how much i eat to be able to keep a log on it.

If I left any info out just lmk and ill give more out. thanks in advance

I'm not comfortable giving out diet advice cause I feel like I don't have enough experience. There are some really smart folks on here, that really know their stuff about dieting.

I would think that, in order for them to comment they would want to know your age (maybe) but they would also want to know what you are eating now.

I know you said you don't keep track of what you eat but you should be able to post what you eat in a typical day. Right?

Hope this helps.

I'm looking to really get my diet in check. I haven't done a lot of strong dieting over the past years while training. I start one do it for 2 months and then stop trying.

currently I'm wanting to cut 20 lbs or get my BF% down into low 20s. Currently its at 31. I am at 208 lbs 5'9" . I workout out 3 days a week doing upper lower splits MWF. I work on weekends and its mostly sitting at a desk.

I am looking for some help with meal planning mostly. I eat fairly clean but most of the time i slack because I have no idea what to fix and how much i eat to be able to keep a log on it.

Click on shelby on the bottom of the page:headbang:

I'm not comfortable giving out diet advice cause I feel like I don't have enough experience. There are some really smart folks on here, that really know their stuff about dieting.

I would think that, in order for them to comment they would want to know your age (maybe) but they would also want to know what you are eating now.

I know you said you don't keep track of what you eat but you should be able to post what you eat in a typical day. Right?

Hope this helps.

Im 27. And by track I mean more of portion sizes. I dont weight or scale out any foods I eat. I eat chicken and fish with small amounts of beef thrown in. I try to eat a protein with some starch and get some type of veggie in there. I also tend to not eat enough I feel because I get tired of the same ole things. I do eat every 2 hours but its not a calculated out meal. Like i said, I dont weight out my foods so its just thrown on a plate and eaten.

My breakfast time is usually the hardest part because I cant get the desire back to eat eggs. I used to love them now, I cant stand them.

Lunch/Dinner/PW involves chicken or fish with veggies and starch.

In between each meal I have a protein shake that is around 30-40g protein.

LMK if more is needed thanks

Can you list your meals and the macros you are trying to hit?

Can you list your meals and the macros you are trying to hit?

Thats almost what im looking for help towards. I dont really count macros besides the protein which I get between 250-300g per day. I eat alot of whole grains and complex carbs but dont ever count because i dont measure out my food so wouldnt know how many carbs r involved. my fats i keep around 50-75. I eat the same food alot and know when its not training days I need to cut down on some calories but I have no idea really how to do that effectively.

And actually the only time I did attempt to count macs was when I did a keto diet for few months couple years ago.

Its kind of bad, I know, that im not doing anything with my macros but I have been training off and on for years and dont plan on doing anything competitive wise. But i see more help is given on this forum then others I have been on or asking people at gym who arent straight assholes when you ask for guidance. So figured the way can be shown to me here and then I can see better results than what I have been seeing from the hard work I do. thanks

Well I eat about 1.5 grams carbs per lb that I weigh. I divide that number by the number of meals that I am going to have carbs with.

Do some research. Learn what you can and cannot eat and when. Then you can make your own diet and understand why your body is or isn't making changes. That along with some good advise from some of the professionals on here and your good to go. You came to the right place, Good Luck bro.

Do some research. Learn what you can and cannot eat and when. Then you can make your own diet and understand why your body is or isn't making changes. That along with some good advise from some of the professionals on here and your good to go. You came to the right place, Good Luck bro.

thanks for the help. this site seems like a much more informative site to get helpful answers and not a lot of negativity towards the new guys

thanks for the help. this site seems like a much more informative site to get helpful answers and not a lot of negativity towards the new guys

Thats exactly what I said when I first joined on here. Its a great friendly forum and more information than youll ever need. Good luck with your dieting! Youll find all the info you need here thats for sure

keep the carbs medium to low
its easy to eat no carbs for breakfast and skip carbs for lunch as a start
for breakfast i like to eat eggs, tuna, cott cheese and an avocado all in one sitting
lunch, big spinach salad, another avocado, lean protein, veggies

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner