over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet plan

22yroldstud

Newbies
Hey guys, i need a diet plan. Im 6'3" 290lbs. I have tryed many different diets and i find it hard to stick to any of them. Im in college so "gear" as yall call it, is very hard to come by. I want to lose about 30 to 40 lbs. It would be really great if i could get some help.

P.S. Im new to this site, so if there some place on this site i could get this info, i would like to know.

If you find dieting hard to come by.... Get over it.... Learn to be confident and discipline.

Then start dieting.

No diet is easy...some of the best ones are the hardest.

Keto Diet to start.

That really was not what i was looking for, although, i will take a look in the the diet plan you referred me to. Thank you.

That really was not what i was looking for, although, i will take a look in the the diet plan you referred me to. Thank you.

What exactly are you looking for?

seems like hees lookin for someone else to make up his meals for him.

dude do some reasearch. best answer anyone can give u

First off gfactor, your right, i do need to learn to be more diciplined. I kinda took your comment the wrong way. Im not neccesserly looking for someone to hand me a diet plan, just some references to good ones. This kinda stuff isnt new to me. I have been lifting for 9 years now. It just seems like i can never really find a diet plan that everyone agrees on. I always get advice from people that lift with me, but i just wanted to get some's advice here. From reading a lot of these posts, i can tell the people on this site really know, for the most part, what there talking about. So far i have recieved a couple of pm's and two posts that told me what i should do, and all of was great advice. Im just looking for more knowledge, because knowledge is power. Kinda gay....yea but its true. When it comes down to it, im just a big guy living in a little guys world.

Last edited:
First step is to start eating clean.... Cut out all junk foods and eat only clean foods.. Do that for a week or two and see how you feel and look... After that i would recommend dropping carb intake around 10 - 15%.. Make sure you are getting adaquate protein intake ( i personally eat 1.5 to 2 grams per bodyweight while dieting). Then drop carb intake another 10 to 15% when you feel you have hit a barrier with weight loss.. By dropping carbs slowly, you will preserve your muscle mass.. I personally did this till my carbs got around 100 to 150 grams per day... I hit a barrier after that so i incorporated cardio sessions... Three 30 minute sessions a week of HIT.. I eventually worked my cardio up to 5 40 minute sessions of HIT a week.. Sometimes i would do cardio right when i woke up on a empty stomach.. These sessions were low intensity.. Now im on more of a keto/palumbo diet... Getting under 30 grams of carbs a day and doing 35 minutes of moderate intensity cardio (staying under 135 BPM).. I currently have two days a week of carb loading to fill my muscles back up and kick start my metabolism... Besides diet and cardio i also implement an ECA stack taken in the morning.... As you can see there really is no easy formula for weight loss.. You have to experiment and see what works for your body... A combination of all these techniques has been working really well for me..

You're never going to find a diet that EVERYONE agrees on.

Some people diet with no carbs, some people diet with high carbs.

Some people diet with high calories and lots of cardio, some people diet with low calories and little cardio.

The list goes on and on.

What matters is that you find an educated diet (there's many that work fine) and STICK to it and BELIEVE in it.

Dieting to loose weight isn't really that complicated. If I had to bet, most of the diet plans you have heard do work. Carb cycling, no carb, low carb, medium carb, keto with refeeds, they all work. Some just work better for others depending on how their body works. Bottom line is, you have to try one and stick with it for the long run, and results will come. You said you're a big guy, I was, and decided to buckle down and diet for 28 weeks- easily the hardest 28 weeks of my life. Seriously thought I was going to go insane. Ended up loosing near 50lbs and competing in a bodybuilding competition and winning my class in two divisions.
Just a heads up, if you have a metabolism like me, one cheat meal sets you back about a day of dieting and a full cheat day will set you back a full week of work or more. So, do not cheat.

Last edited:
I will say this, you already mentioned gear but put in that statement that because you are in college it is hard to come by! Gear will not help you here. It will only complicate the matter. Good solid eating habits, some cardio and disciplne are what you need now.

Just apply some common sense to your eating, do not overfeed, train smarter, do some cardio 4-5 times per week. Not complicated.

Im in college so "gear" as yall call it, is very hard to come by. I want to lose about 30 to 40 lbs. It would be really great if i could get some help.

That makes no sense. I'm in college also, it seems to me that it helps. With all of the athletes and people interested in lifting its pretty easy to get. But, even if you couldn't or didn't want to get it in person, most people buy it from an online source.

Everyone, thank you for you advice. All of it is good and it seems like everyone is telling me the same thing, and that is to stop being such a pussy and just work my ass off. Now jm1219, i really wasnt referring to the availability of gear at college, but more to the lack of money in my bank account. Again, thanks for your advice everyone. I will be looking forward to more of it.

First off....

That makes no sense. I'm in college also, it seems to me that it helps. With all of the athletes and people interested in lifting its pretty easy to get. But, even if you couldn't or didn't want to get it in person, most people buy it from an online source.

First off as old fella stated gear is not the right choice at the moment...unless you want to risk your health and further disfigure your body with bitch tits. So ignore the above quote "It's easy to get it on any college campus." Duhh its easy to buy crack off the corner, but thats not the answer is it. I had the same mind set till some vets set me straight. Eat clean hit the gym raise your intensity. Once you lose some weight, fat that is..... then research some gear. Try the search button for many different diets. Also there is a recipe forum that lays out meals that are easy to prepare, and very healthy. As suggested you can hire a nutritionist, or personal trainer. Your money would be better spent on clean food sources, and expertise of a professional. Oh and learn to listen to your body regarding training , hunger, and fatigue.

First off as old fella stated gear is not the right choice at the moment...unless you want to risk your health and further disfigure your body with bitch tits. So ignore the above quote "It's easy to get it on any college campus." Duhh its easy to buy crack off the corner, but thats not the answer is it. I had the same mind set till some vets set me straight. Eat clean hit the gym raise your intensity. Once you lose some weight, fat that is..... then research some gear. Try the search button for many different diets. Also there is a recipe forum that lays out meals that are easy to prepare, and very healthy. As suggested you can hire a nutritionist, or personal trainer. Your money would be better spent on clean food sources, and expertise of a professional. Oh and learn to listen to your body regarding training , hunger, and fatigue.

Good, solid advice. I was wondering why some do not put in the hard work first.;)

Here:

Do 40min cardio first thing in the morning (skipping workout days) and every PM for 1 hour. rest on weekends.

Take an ECA stack which is dirt cheap.

Live off of chicken, fish, eggs, brown rice, oats, and some good fats for energy like omega-3-6-9 and MCT.

Take a multivitamin and get extra B12 for your metabolism.

LIVE THIS FOR 6 MONTHS AND PEOPLE WON'T RECOGNIZE YOU.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't saying that he should or shouldn't attempt to buy and use gear, but pointing out that his comment on getting gear in college being hard a little odd.
Also, I never said, "It's easy to get it on any college campus." but thats beside the point.
You are definitely right though, hard work and dedication are the only things that will give him the body he wants. I would avoid getting a personal traininer/nutritionist at least at this point. This is just my personal opinion, unless you're prepping for an important show or photo shoot or something of the like, I would use the internet as my main resource. There is a HUGE amount of free information and tons of extremely helpful people who are willing to take time to help you for free.

Try what OuchThatHurts said and you will change every week.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't saying that he should or shouldn't attempt to buy and use gear, but pointing out that his comment on getting gear in college being hard a little odd.
Also, I never said, "It's easy to get it on any college campus." but thats beside the point.
You are definitely right though, hard work and dedication are the only things that will give him the body he wants. I would avoid getting a personal traininer/nutritionist at least at this point. This is just my personal opinion, unless you're prepping for an important show or photo shoot or something of the like, I would use the internet as my main resource. There is a HUGE amount of free information and tons of extremely helpful people who are willing to take time to help you for free.

Try what OuchThatHurts said and you will change every week.

My apologies for mis-interpeting your post. I just didn't want the young man to get the wrong idea, and think gear is a fix all. So i also agree with the above recomendation by Ouch.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear