over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet recommendations

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Natural
5'8 160 lbs.
Goal Be healthy, and continue getting leaner. I travel a lot, and live in hotel a lot so convenience (cooking etc.) is the reason some of the meals are the way they are. I do well on zero carb high proteins, but it was becoming a pain to cook a lot of meat and travel with it and some other priorities are consuming a lot of my time.

Meal 1: 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 6 large egg whites (walmart usually has them preboiled and shells peeled).

Meal 2: Same as above

Meal 3: (pre work out meal). 2 slices ezekiel bread. 1 tbsp Peanut butter. banana medium, 1 tbsp honey. 1 scoop now whey isolate

Meal 4 post work out: 8 oz 99% lean ground turkey, 1 bag cauliflowered rice. 2 servings of frozen berries (or any fruits cherry etc.).

I am small. Metabolism is on the moderate to slower side. So not a lot of food. With the above meal plan I do have about 40-50 g carbs left over to play with at the end of the day. Fuller tummy = better sleep. I may or may not use them depending on the day and how energy levels are.

Macros come out to approx : 1800-1900 calories. 200ish g carbs, 160-180 ish g protein, and 30-40ish g fat.

Youre natural, you’re not really a big guy which is not an insult and you don’t really have any goals with the diet it seems you just want to be healthy and look good.

If I were you I wouldn’t even follow a diet, just stay away from too much bad food and don’t overeat. You don’t have any complicated goals so why would you complicate your diet? When you have a specific goal in mind then I would start on a diet. I really don’t see what you’re reaching for given your comments....

Depending on what kind of work out and work you do I'd personally swap out some carbs for protein

By my Calculation you are only eating about 1653 Calories with 163P 198C and 34F. Even at 160lbs, that's very slow. I would up the calories by increasing both carbs and fats. I have a 165lbs natural guy eating 3500 calories and staying lean. But it's up to you. Not sure what you look like at 160lbs. If skinny fat and you want to lean out, you will have a hard time dieting with your calories already that low. If you are trying to put on muscle, you will not with calories that low.

First thing I would do is replace the cauliflower rice with real rice. 2 cups. This will get your calories up and will give you extra carbs needed post workout. I would also increase your fats to at least 50g. You need the fats for a healthy endocrine system. I would also vary the fats a bit. Have a tablespoon olive oil. Add an avocado to your diet. Don't just rely on peanut butter.

A lot of your carbs are fructose (banana, berries, honey) from which you don't really benefit. Look to replace them with some other forms of carbs (rice, baked potato etc).

That's my two cents.

160lb x 15 = 2400 calories total
160lb x 1.5 = 240g protein (960 cal)
160lb x .5 = 80g fat (720 cal)
2400 total calories - 1680 P&F calories = 720cal for carbs (180g)

That would be 60g Protein , 45g carbs , 20g fat in each meal for 4 meal a day

I personally would use
50g-Protein , 0g-Carbs , 20g fat in meal 1
50g-Protein , 45g carbs , 20g fat in meals 2 , 3 , 4
15g EAA , 45g Carbs , 10g creatine , 10g glutamine in and intra workout shake

Beef jerky , ostrich jerky sticks , boiled eggs all travel really well

You really have no clear cut goals, so my best suggestion for diet is simply to start off isocaloric and adjust from there. You said you're carb sensitive, is that even at maintenance calories? Give it a shot, you may not be as sensitive as you think you are. Consume most periworkout, timing of the rest won't make or break you. If you're indeed carb sensitive as you say you are, keep fats a little higher, gradually reduce carbs and find your happy medium. A low carb diet is great for keeping fat in check, but you may need more calories than you think if you want to grow. I would still recommend regular refeeds as well, if you're going the lower carb route. Sure does make gaining a lot easier.

Natural
5'8 160 lbs.
Goal Be healthy, and continue getting leaner. I travel a lot, and live in hotel a lot so convenience (cooking etc.) is the reason some of the meals are the way they are. I do well on zero carb high proteins, but it was becoming a pain to cook a lot of meat and travel with it and some other priorities are consuming a lot of my time.

Meal 1: 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 6 large egg whites (walmart usually has them preboiled and shells peeled).

Meal 2: Same as above (6 more egg whites)

Meal 3: (pre work out meal). 2 slices ezekiel bread. 1 tbsp Peanut butter. banana medium, 1 tbsp honey. 1 scoop now whey isolate

Meal 4 post work out: 8 oz 99% lean ground turkey, 1 bag cauliflowered rice. 2 servings of frozen berries (or any fruits cherry etc.).

I am small. Metabolism is on the moderate to slower side. So not a lot of food. With the above meal plan I do have about 40-50 g carbs left over to play with at the end of the day. Fuller tummy = better sleep. I may or may not use them depending on the day and how energy levels are.

Macros come out to approx : 1800-1900 calories. 200ish g carbs, 160-180 ish g protein, and 30-40ish g fat.

Maybe my math is off but I think you are overestimating the grams of protein you are ingesting. If you are looking to keep the calories the same, I would consider dumping the banana and honey and replace those calories with another 25-30 grams of protein....like a can of tuna on top of that bread. But I also understand that is your preworkout meal....so it might not work out for you.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear