over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet Soda addiction

Studies are often skewed to produce a desired outcome. I don't trust artificial sweeteners. I personally will not consume them. Even one diet soda per day will eventually have some detrimental effect in my opinion. Thirsty...... drink water!

Out of everything we do in this game, diet soda should be the least of our worries.

I don't know about you guys but I think it's the carbonation of the soda that's a major factor for my desire

So instead, I have a variety of carbonated water; sparkling, seltzer water, etc.

And maybe even throw some tasty bcaas in there as well

Carbonation is a huge thing and I agree, buy some carbonated water and add some mio and can guzzle that shit all day.

Noooothing annoys me more than someone walking up to me while i drink a Coke Zero and casually mentioning that its actually worse for me than drinking REAL Coke.

There is zero evidence and mountains of research showing that artificial sweeteners dont do a damn thing to you. People just love to worry. Im sure there is a smallll population that does get a negative effect from aspartame and other sweeteners, just like there was a small population that couldnt handle EC stack....or peanuts.....or shellfish....or anything.

I love me some diet sodas but I try to limit them strictly based off me feeling like they dont quench my first. When im thirsty, i'd rather get a glass of water and add MIO

I'm with you partner.

They still cause an insulin spike though so I quit drinking my diet dew and went back to regular mountain dew and just try to lower carbs from food to balance total intake and have noticed no difference in fat and regular dew does taste better.

They still cause an insulin spike though so I quit drinking my diet dew and went back to regular mountain dew and just try to lower carbs from food to balance total intake and have noticed no difference in fat and regular dew does taste better.

They (artificial sweeteners) do not cause insulin spikes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24068707

And there is evidence that they slow fat loss based off that study, whether they spike insulin I believe is actually still up for debate so you MAY be correct but I MAY be as well I believe sir

Last edited:
Nevermind I was meaning cause an increase in insulin resistance so you were right

No diet coke doesn't cause an increase of blood glucose levels. I've actually tested in with my glucometer. I've had a few people try to tell it does, and could increase chances of diabetes.....NOT happening

loved diet coke and diet dr pepper especially.
but fuck the carbonation. too much.
so id shake it and let it go about half flat. much better for my tummy!

The abuse of such drinks will reduce your calcium levels, so you should be taking more calcium if you want to continue your addiction.

The advice here would be just to take this type of soft drinks, chewing gum/candy without sugar... during your hardest weeks of diet. The rest of the year, you should be able to stay away from it.

Studies are often skewed to produce a desired outcome. I don't trust artificial sweeteners. I personally will not consume them. Even one diet soda per day will eventually have some detrimental effect in my opinion. Thirsty...... drink water!

Your opinion isn't science so move along.

The abuse of such drinks will reduce your calcium levels, so you should be taking more calcium if you want to continue your addiction.

The advice here would be just to take this type of soft drinks, chewing gum/candy without sugar... during your hardest weeks of diet. The rest of the year, you should be able to stay away from it.

This is not true as well.

From my research...the only study that showed any insulin response was in rats and it was the acesulfame k, in like a super sweetened chow. Like ridiculous amounts for bodyweight.

Aspartame has no insulin response in humans. I’ve seen a study on it.

Sucralose IS known to mess with GI microbiome in large amounts.

Drink your diet soda in moderation. The tren/test/anadrol is doing much worse.

Or drink Zevia.....sodas sweetened with stevia. Kinda expensive but they are good. I like the cherry cola one

you stopped drinking a diet because it causes insulin spike and went to regular..

Yeah makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diet Dr. Pepper is my crack of choice

My kryptonite as well. I love the stuff, and drink almost a 2 liter (equivalent) of this each day. Can't be good for my teeth or my stomach, but it helps me not consume other things that I think are worse.

Me too, but is it an issue really? It's probably not as healthy as drinking water but you don't need to push it too far and relax a little.

In the summer I usually slim down because I work outside and one summer I started drinking flavored powders with artificial sweeteners and I didn’t lose weight. So I believe those artificial sweeteners do spike insulin. My diet didn’t change the only thing different was those drinks. And the summers after that I lost weight again as I always do.

In the summer I usually slim down because I work outside and one summer I started drinking flavored powders with artificial sweeteners and I didn’t lose weight. So I believe those artificial sweeteners do spike insulin. My diet didn’t change the only thing different was those drinks. And the summers after that I lost weight again as I always do.

I totally believe your take on this....but there are thooousands of competitors every year who are chugging Coke Zeros and Crystal Light as they diet down to ridiculously low body fat for shows. I remember reading Shelby Starnes take on this and he said the same thing, "I can get to single digits drinking diet sodas easy."

I honestly think in the long run, maaaybe the chemicals in diet drinks might not be healthy—but this is in extreme amounts. We just havent seen any "i cant lose weight" evidence other than 1 off anecdotal stories.

I totally believe your take on this....but there are thooousands of competitors every year who are chugging Coke Zeros and Crystal Light as they diet down to ridiculously low body fat for shows. I remember reading Shelby Starnes take on this and he said the same thing, "I can get to single digits drinking diet sodas easy."

I honestly think in the long run, maaaybe the chemicals in diet drinks might not be healthy—but this is in extreme amounts. We just havent seen any "i cant lose weight" evidence other than 1 off anecdotal stories.

Yes I’m saying those sweeteners don’t work for me I am a endomorph putting on weight is easy for me. So I have to be real strict with what I put in my body. And my blood sugar drops all the time.

Max Charles says that he sips on a 2 liter bottle of Coke a Cola every day and only eats three meals and there’s a video of Vince Taylor he has a guest over at his house and offers him a Coke a Cola and Vince says he loves it. These guys are blessed.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear