over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet Soda addiction

aphextwin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I drink a lot of water during the day, but have become addicted to drinking a lot of Diet Coke during the day. Anyone else experience have issues? I swear I'm addicted to them.

Go through this when dieting, a nice cold diet coke keeps my energy levels up and keeps me satiated and satisfied. Also Wal Mart has some Zero Cal drinks of their own that taste amazing, they have a Fuji Apple, Triple Berry, and Pineapple flavored drinks that I also go through like crazy. During bulking phase I stay away from soda though.

Diet dew HAS to have crack in it. If I don’t get one around 1-2pm the day is ruined

I was a complete Diet Coke addict. First thing in the morning, all day, every day. I was probably drinking 6-10 cans a day. Then one day I was drinking one and it tasted like shit and made me sick to my stomach. So I quit. The first few days I had headaches from the caffeine withdrawal but that was it. It's been about 5 years.

Everyone knows about the Aspartame. I typically would think a can a day would be bad for you, but consuming large amounts like 5+ a day might not be so good.

You could drink less.

Everyone knows about the Aspartame. I typically would think a can a day would be bad for you, but consuming large amounts like 5+ a day might not be so good.

Wrong.

Plenty of research showing aspartame has no negative health consequences.

I’m not saying slam a 6 or 12 pack a day, but no one should be worried about aspartame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong.

I’m not saying slam a 6 or 12 pack a day, but no one should be worried about aspartame.

But it is addictive right? Just like nicotine, the nicotine itself isn’t necessarily harmful but everything that goes with it is.

Wrong.

That was totally my bad. I mean't to say that drinking a Diet Coke a day is NOT going to put you in the grave. I just need to stop the 6+ cans a day.

Last edited:
But it is addictive right? Just like nicotine, the nicotine itself isn’t necessarily harmful but everything that goes with it is.

I actually don’t know if it is addictive or not. Maybe for some but i can’t say for sure

Its more of a habit with me. If I make myself go a couple days without it, I'll forget all about it. But if I buy a diet mt dew on Monday at lunch, I'll be buying one all week

To me, it's no more addicting than anything else that tastes good. Ice cream, pizza, rice, healthy meals of sort, ribs, beef, BBQ, water, etc, etc,....can be addicting if they taste good....a good thing in my mind.

I don't drink as much diet sodas as I used to, mainly because I drink more Crystal Light now. I imagine if somebody felt bad from this stuff, then the obvious direction is to just stop consuming it. It's never caused me any issues, personally for the 20+ years I've been consuming them.

Diet Dr. Pepper is my crack of choice, but I also like diet coke/Pepsi, Diet orange sodas and 7-up, A&W root beer, etc....:headbang:

I was a complete Diet Coke addict. First thing in the morning, all day, every day. I was probably drinking 6-10 cans a day. Then one day I was drinking one and it tasted like shit and made me sick to my stomach. So I quit. The first few days I had headaches from the caffeine withdrawal but that was it. It's been about 5 years.

Mine was Diet Dr. Pepper for years on end. One day it just tasted like shit. Stopped that day. Headaches persisted for a bit but never took it up again. I may have one a month now if that. The only time I crave a diet soda now is when eating a burger (homemade or ordering out)?

Wrong.

Studies are often skewed to produce a desired outcome. I don't trust artificial sweeteners. I personally will not consume them. Even one diet soda per day will eventually have some detrimental effect in my opinion. Thirsty...... drink water!

Wrong.

I’ve read the opposite. That it causes fibromyalgia, brain fog etc. but the problem with those studies is that they are done on rats by shoving a ridiculous amount of aspartame into them. I’d love to find out this was bullshit so I can chug diet sodas, but not till I know it’s safe.

I tend to err on the side of caution and not have more than two per day.

I don't know about you guys but I think it's the carbonation of the soda that's a major factor for my desire

So instead, I have a variety of carbonated water; sparkling, seltzer water, etc.

And maybe even throw some tasty bcaas in there as well

I don't know about you guys but I think it's the carbonation of the soda that's a major factor for my desire

So instead, I have a variety of carbonated water; sparkling, seltzer water, etc.

And maybe even throw some tasty bcaas in there as well

Supposedly the carbonation will fuck up your teeth enamel. Ugh, everything will kill you. But yeah seltzer water seems to work for me to get off diet soda

Diet soda is nasty stuff. I'll admit I drink one or so per week, but that is it. Now a big soda drinker myself. Stuff is so counter productive to what we are all doing here.

Noooothing annoys me more than someone walking up to me while i drink a Coke Zero and casually mentioning that its actually worse for me than drinking REAL Coke.

There is zero evidence and mountains of research showing that artificial sweeteners dont do a damn thing to you. People just love to worry. Im sure there is a smallll population that does get a negative effect from aspartame and other sweeteners, just like there was a small population that couldnt handle EC stack....or peanuts.....or shellfish....or anything.

I love me some diet sodas but I try to limit them strictly based off me feeling like they dont quench my first. When im thirsty, i'd rather get a glass of water and add MIO

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear