over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet soft drinks - just say no

I really like San Pelligrino. I got awy with it. You should dd in some Italian wine now and then like Fridays and Saturdays with your wife. Chianti, Brunello, Pino Grigio, many Rosso from Abruzzo or Molise. But it has to come right from Italy or it is poisoned with preservatives. VEry different over there. I lived there for a while. I would come home from work, drink 1/2 a bottle of Custoza, take a nap and go out running. Very different over there. The wine actually feels like a nutrient. .. Oh and fuck diet soda. It's poison.
Cool post.

I miss drinking, especially wine (my in-laws own a winery in Alexander Valley) and beer (Russian River Brewing Co.; Pliny the Younger) but I can’t drink, or should I say more accurately, I choose not to drink alcohol anymore.

And yes. I agree with all you say about Italian wines. My wife is Italian; Luca in Tuscany, and we have been back more times than I can remember. Love the wine and many of the double IPA’s they are making now-a-days. I agree, Italian wines do taste different when you get home unless you bring a bottle back with you.

I remember one trip we stayed in a small hill town called Sinalunga, just across the valley from Cortona. We rented small place in town for month or two and really got to know many of the people in town. One couple in particular took a special liking to us and after dinner on our last night in town gave us a non-labeled bottle of wine in many time used bottle with a broken off cork in it it as a going away present.

Sometime after we got home we invited my in-laws wine maker over for dinner. We opened that bottle of wine with him as we were curious about what he thought. And he thought it was one of the finest bottles of wine he had ever had. So yes, the Italians are on to something when it come to wine . . . and a lot of other things.

Could go on and on but don’t want to bore everybody.

I love coke zero but the caffeine i do need to cut meaning coffee because for me it replaces water which i need way more of i find the more coffee the bigger the headache i get …

Cool post.

I miss drinking, especially wine (my in-laws own a winery in Alexander Valley) and beer (Russian River Brewing Co.; Pliny the Younger) but I can’t drink, or should I say more accurately, I choose not to drink alcohol anymore.

And yes. I agree with all you say about Italian wines. My wife is Italian; Luca in Tuscany, and we have been back more times than I can remember. Love the wine and many of the double IPA’s they are making now-a-days. I agree, Italian wines do taste different when you get home unless you bring a bottle back with you.

I remember one trip we stayed in a small hill town called Sinalunga, just across the valley from Cortona. We rented small place in town for month or two and really got to know many of the people in town. One couple in particular took a special liking to us and after dinner on our last night in town gave us a non-labeled bottle of wine in many time used bottle with a broken off cork in it it as a going away present.

Sometime after we got home we invited my in-laws wine maker over for dinner. We opened that bottle of wine with him as we were curious about what he thought. And he thought it was one of the finest bottles of wine he had ever had. So yes, the Italians are on to something when it come to wine . . . and a lot of other things.

Could go on and on but don’t want to bore everybody.
I've been to Lucca several times with work for conference. I recall a vineyard we visited not far from there tenute di Badia. I miss Italy. There is much about Italy to love. We would probably get along well Alfresco.

I've been to Lucca several times with work for conference. I recall a vineyard we visited not far from there tenute di Badia. I miss Italy. There is much about Italy to love. We would probably get along well Alfresco.
Alfresco has proven to be an understanding, intelligent, and world wise friend. I totally agree with you. First rate!

Horrible Diet Soda addict checking in. I just can't shake it. it's my one really bad vice. I've tried a few times to stop. Family nags me. Even Wife gave up trying to get me to stop. Mine addiction's only gotten worse though. Recently, I added Crystal Light into the rotation and even drink it when exercising. I can't say I know about any negative health consequences...yet. However, I know it's not the best thing for me but I just can't stand the taste of plain old water. Just can't do it. Diet Mountain Dew, Coke Zero, Diet Sunkist...I could drink a 2L in one sitting. The best is Coke Zero from the fountain. Whole 'nother level. Also, love how in Europe you can get Coke Zero in every restaurant. Here in the US it's only Diet Coke (my least favorite diet soda).

Drink 0 alcohol but i will crush a diet soda or 4 per week. Same with crystal light.
Obviously very individual to everyone. Some guys get headaches or upset stomach, i get nothing. I also tolerate a lot of shit well.
I do wean myself on and off caffeine though. But IMO caffeine should be used to our advantage. Just not all the time.

I drink Coke zero or Pepsi max, but only 12oz and not every day. I gave up drinking alcohol for awhile and can give up diet sodas if I wanted. One thing I can not give up is coffee. I mean good coffee. Lots of people here drink it, so you see it everywhere. I drink two cups a day. One as soon as I get up and one right after dinner mostly.

You really want to get hydrated add a couple tablespoons of liquid glycerol to that gallon of water with lemon.
Two liters a day of diet soda, ouch. I would imagine that would leach calcium out your body being its acidic and your body would buffer it back to near neutral.

Have you ever tried drink water with lemon or lime. Its pretty damn refreshing and its basic compared to acidic.

You really want to get hydrated add a couple tablespoons of liquid glycerol to that gallon of water with lemon.

Careful though ….

Glycerol administration caused severe renal dysfunction, which included marked renal oxidative stress, significantly increased blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and serum creatinine levels. Histopathological findings, such as cast formation and tubular necrosis, confirmed renal impairment.Dec 27, 2009

I’ll have a can of zero sugar sprite with a meal maybe 3x a week. Just to Throw me a curve ball from water.
I would also put Mio in my gallon jug for MONTHS on end but I never really thought of how bad the dye can be for your insides.

I will never give up my Mountain Dew zero. 2 a day. It’s the highlight of my woek day lol

coke zero is lovely. especially on a hot day and its ice cold. I try to keep it to one per day as I agree its not going to be healthy. do i think its better than having a full sugar coke, of course.

best is to drink filtered water all day, but i mean we have to live a bit right?

Lately I’ve been drinking sugar free soda but even then I feel like shit afterwards. I was also stuck on those ALDI sparkling waters and ICEE drinks. Fulfill my sweet tooth but it always makes me feel bloated and full. Drinking just water for weeks at a time it gets to a point where I have a uncontrollable urge to drink something with flavor , usually it’s a few sips of soda or Gatorade zero.

I do this too sometimes. Put soda in a metal shaker, leave it in the freezer for a while, if it's too frozen when you take it out use a knife to break it up some.
My garage freezer is set to the coldest. We always have Coke here cause my wife and son love it. I found that I can stick a can in the garage fridge freezer, set a timer for 17 minutes, then stick it in a Yeti type coozie. Stays slushy for ya if your sippin on it. But I can’t help but guzzle it, and then get brain freeze!

Cage

I have a bad diet coke addiction. I swear there’s something about it that gets you hooked.

I had been taking glycerol at the advice of some of the members here for quite a while (switched to vegetable glycerin recently). So this is a concern.

But the study you posted methodology at a quick view is:

Rats were maintained on standard chow and were dehydrated for 16 h before glycerol injection.

Rats were divided randomly into four different groups. The first group (Con, n = 7) was injected intramuscularly with normal saline (8 ml/kg); the second group of rats (NAC, n = 7) was injected intravenously (IV) with NAC into the tail vein (150 mg/kg) (ASIA PHARM. IND. CO., Seoul, Korea); the third group (Gly, n = 7) was injected intramuscularly with 50% glycerol (8 ml/kg) (Amresco, Solon, OH, USA) into a hind limb; the fourth group (NAC Gly, n = 7) was injected intravenously with 150 mg/kg of NAC 30 min prior to glycerol injection.

None of us are rats (hopefully). I also hope none of us are injecting our glyercol. Are there any studied on glyecerol ingestion via non-injection? Or subjects which werent dehydrated for 16 hours prior to injection or ingestion? Im having a hard time buying into the danger of glycerol to humans based on the study. If anyone has anything else id be happy to see it. The stuff is cheap and can be thrown away in an instant if its dangerous. Or maybe i misread the study or cherrypicked it. Feel free to correct me.

Careful though ….

Glycerol administration caused severe renal dysfunction, which included marked renal oxidative stress, significantly increased blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and serum creatinine levels. Histopathological findings, such as cast formation and tubular necrosis, confirmed renal impairment.Dec 27, 2009

I will never give up my Mountain Dew zero. 2 a day. It’s the highlight of my woek day lol
I like the Dew Zero a lot but still slightly prefer the regular Diet Mountain Dew. Ever have the Dew Zero Major Melon? That shit's really good too.

I had been taking glycerol at the advice of some of the members here for quite a while (switched to vegetable glycerin recently). So this is a concern.

But the study you posted methodology at a quick view is:

Rats were maintained on standard chow and were dehydrated for 16 h before glycerol injection.

Rats were divided randomly into four different groups. The first group (Con, n = 7) was injected intramuscularly with normal saline (8 ml/kg); the second group of rats (NAC, n = 7) was injected intravenously (IV) with NAC into the tail vein (150 mg/kg) (ASIA PHARM. IND. CO., Seoul, Korea); the third group (Gly, n = 7) was injected intramuscularly with 50% glycerol (8 ml/kg) (Amresco, Solon, OH, USA) into a hind limb; the fourth group (NAC Gly, n = 7) was injected intravenously with 150 mg/kg of NAC 30 min prior to glycerol injection.

None of us are rats (hopefully). I also hope none of us are injecting our glyercol. Are there any studied on glyecerol ingestion via non-injection? Or subjects which werent dehydrated for 16 hours prior to injection or ingestion? Im having a hard time buying into the danger of glycerol to humans based on the study. If anyone has anything else id be happy to see it. The stuff is cheap and can be thrown away in an instant if its dangerous. Or maybe i misread the study or cherrypicked it. Feel free to correct me.
The only study I’ve found shows they injected the glycerol to cause rhabdo. I’ve not seen any other studies showing any danger from oral glycerol. There are however, lots of pubmed studies on hyper hydrating athletes with glycerol

Looks like injection is the only way that would cause it due to this
A standard method of inducing renal failure is by intramuscular administration of 50% glycerol, v/v (8 mL/kg, i.m.), to both hind legs. Consequently, the striated muscle dissolves, the myoglobin, and other potentially toxic intracellular components are released into the systemic circulation.

The glycerol destroys local tissue causing it to be released in the bloodstream damaging the kidneys

Seltzer + Root beer extract + Vanilla stevia drops = All natural diet soda . Zevia is an option but mine is way more cheap

Optional - 1 shot of vodka or gin :ROFLMAO:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner