over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet transition cut to lean bulk

csb123

Registered
Hi guys , thanks for solid advice I have received so far .

My next question pertains diet, or more importantly the transition between a cut into lean mass cycle, mountaindogs thread came at the right time and made a lot of sense . As traditionally I always hop straight onto bulk, put on way to much fat and end up killing myself getting back into shape.

Currently I am cutting with only a few weeks left , I am fast approaching 6% (hopefully) which for me is one of the lowest bodyfats I have achieved , I have basically bottomed out my calories at 2200-2500 most days with a higher day of 3000 here and there, carbs were kept low for the most part, some days 50g , most days 150g some days 250g , protein always 320-350g a day, fats anywhere from 40-120 depending.

Now I will be going onto cruise, cruise duration planned is 4-6 weeks but this is largely dependent on bloodwork so could be extended but for now lets just assume it all comes back ok.

Week 1 of cruise raise calories to 3000 (my bmr is around 3200) keep carbs at 250 constant throughout the week,rest fats and protien, cut back cardio from ed to 3 x a week.
Week 2 of cruise raise calories to 3500 , bumping carbs to 350 a day (only sweet potato oats and brown rice) rest pro and fats keep cardio at 3 x 45 min sessions a week.
Week 3 of cruise raise calories to 4000 calories carbs too 400g rest pro and fats reduce cardio to twice a week 45 min sessions
Week 4 of cruise maintain calories at 4000 drop cardio completely and see where I am at and how I look .

Then onto lean bulk cycle test tren npp , raise calories 200-300 a week as I see gains peaking at around 4500 cal until I need more all clean calories as far as possible with a junk meal thrown in 1-2 a week.

Aim will be 400-500g carbs , 350-400g protien and fats 100-120g ed

Current weight 210lbs 5ft 11 assume 6-7 % bodyfat at start of cruise. I am a typical mesomorph

Sorry for the lengthy post want to try nail this close to right as I can and not pile on too much fat but rather peak at around 10-11 percent max at end of bulk.

raise it with 500kcal then see how your body looks.
if you still are lean then but 500kcal in your diet.
do this until your will start to see fat then drop down a bit a stay there.

just dont have a plan a lay it out give what your body whats.
try to do some hiit cardio for 15min 3-time a week insteed og the 45min slow cardio. i do it now and it has helped me alot

what does your current drug dosage look like now as opposed to when you plan to start gaining ?

raising your dose Generaly leads to higher metabolism thus needing more calories

Thanks guys,

Current usage is test 1000 tren a 700 mast a 700 till end october

Cruise probably 100 test e 100 tren e

Lean bulk 1000 test 600 tren 600 npp or thats the plan

No gh or t3 used or planned.

Try IF!

You can easily keep your bf levels in check by fasting 16 hours, training during fast then pwo having huge calorie load for next 8 hours.

If you'll tris this and do it properly I can make sure you that it will be very hard for you to come back to regular bodybulding diet. I was always sceptical about this IF thing, but I like every aspect of IF - I love being fasted, training fasted (don't know what happens during fast but it makes my mind so fresh, so sharp and I have lots of energy and endurance during fasted training), eating HUGE, satisfaing meals. Of course it will not turn you into IFBB pro sie lifter but for mainaining or even dieting - that's the best/easiest diet I've was on, actually it's a lot easier not to eat than eat small multiple meals during the day, I hate eatin small 400-500kcal meals 6-7 times daily because I'm always hungry, my blood sugar levels are always fluctating and I feel miserable

Try IF!

You can easily keep your bf levels in check by fasting 16 hours, training during fast then pwo having huge calorie load for next 8 hours.

If you'll tris this and do it properly I can make sure you that it will be very hard for you to come back to regular bodybulding diet. I was always sceptical about this IF thing, but I like every aspect of IF - I love being fasted, training fasted (don't know what happens during fast but it makes my mind so fresh, so sharp and I havelots of energy and endurance during fasted training), eating HUGE, satisfaing meals. Of course it will not turn you into IFBB pro sie lifter but for mainaining or even dieting - that's the best/easiest diet I've was on, actually it's a lot easier not to eat than eat small multiple meals during the day, I hate eatin small 400-500kcal meals 6-7 times daily because I'm always hungry, my blood sugar levels are always fluctating and I feel miserable

I love if but I like a few 24 hours fasts a week. I do 1 24 hour a week if bulking and it does wonders for staying lean and even makes gaining muscle a little easier

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I love if but I like a few 24 hours fasts a week. I do 1 24 hour a week if bulking and it does wonders for staying lean and even makes gaining muscle a little easier

Actually I was going to try it, while dong IF too.

I fast from 9pm to 1pm and today I was going to have my last meal at 9pm (as I always do) and fast until 9pm Sat (24 hours) then have a meal (100g protein with some fats - tbsp oil) fast for another 16 hours until 1pm Sun and have a cheat feast from 1pm to 9pm Saturday. My cheat days aren't that bad, I just crave good homemade food - whole meats, potatoes, whole cheese, breads, pies etc and ice cream - my main sorce of carbs during cheats :D

Last edited:
what do you guys think of the fasting method overall?

incbb

like everthing it has pros and cons...

there is no way you can put loads of mass when using IF, but you can maintain very lean physique (even adding lb here and there) very very easily. Other than that IF is great for mental break from eating all those multiple meals, worrying about no eating enough etc - you can concentrate only to 3-4 bigger meals that's it. Other IF "sides":
- when fasting I'm way more productive, my mind is clearlier and sharper and I do most of my daily jobs/duties from 5am to 1pm (when fasting)
- i Have a lot better workouts when traning fasted
- fasting for 14 (or 24 hours) burns A LOT more that than eating no matter if it's just protein, even proten raises insulin levels and more insulin=lower bg=slower/no fat loss...and you WON't lose any muscle mass at all if you'll have your daily protein (bcaa/eaa/leucine) requirements during the day and most crucial times - pwo, during w, ppwo etc + training fasted+cardio pwo=burned insane amount of bf
- you don't have that bloated feeling when IF - actually I don't get bloat even after my 1500 pwo meal, this says that my body absorbs every single nutrient in that meal (after workout and fasting for 16 hours) way better than 3x500kcal meals
- you can cheat a bit more when doing IF :D

Actually I was going to try it, while dong IF too.

I fast from 9pm to 1pm and today I was going to have my last meal at 9pm (as I always do) and fast until 9pm Sat (24 hours) then have a meal (100g protein with some fats - tbsp oil) fast for another 16 hours until 1pm Sun and have a cheat feast from 1pm to 9pm Saturday. My cheat days aren't that bad, I just crave good homemade food - whole meats, potatoes, whole cheese, breads, pies etc and ice cream - my main sorce of carbs during cheats :D

Well, this cut I did 3 24 hour fasts a week and 16 hours on the other days too. In about 7 or 8 weeks I lost about 16 lb, held strength and got by far the most ripped I've ever been. On training days I still ate as if I was bulking. Got leaner and stronger cruising on test with about 30 iu gh weekly than I did on my last run of tren and gh. Was doing 8 iu spread over fast days and the occasional 2 iu here and there before bed on other days. Did 0 cardio and ate loads of carbs too which is always a plus :)

Last edited:
Opps

Late reply, i did try IF and i had great rsults but i must be honest i got freaked out and switched back to traditional diet protocol, i was just more comfortable, and i just never got used to the fasting periods.

Things have changed slightly, still going onto cruise of tren e / test e, but what i didnt factor in was the holiday season and the fact we are going away 3 weeks in december with no real chance of proper training, i will train but will be limited and will for the most part be strict. All this means is my cruise is extended a few weeks which is not a bad thing.

On extended cruises what do you guys do, continue cutting if your just not where u want to be or do you just try figure your maintenance keep it there, or like i stated earlier to a slow transition to bulking, and even start lean bulking while in cruise still and then just continue into cycle?

I know propbably what would be beneficial especially over the holiday month would be to be on some sort of IF, because it is more forgiving to bad food choices here and there i found.

But i still feel i have alot of growing to be done, so i am not convinced yet to use it as my main approach diet wise on a bulk.

Interesting stuff. Diet goes against the norms but does seem to work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear