over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dieting and carbs

mewp

Newbies
Does any one on here get into single figure body fat% while taking carbs. I have went from 24% to 10.5% in the last 12 weeks using a carb cycling approach. But feel the fat loss has stopped at this point. I feel awful on keto and reali feel the need to have carbs in my diet.

I have an ectomorph body type, and keep reading that we need more carbs than meso and endo, one study I was reading they had the macros set at 50-30-20 cpf.

If u do diet on moderate to high carbs, I appreciate if u shared ur diets and experiences that work for you.

Thanks

Whats your height and weight? Are you on any gear or fat burners/stims?

Is your protein too high on keto? That could be why you don't feel right on it.

Does any one on here get into single figure body fat% while taking carbs. I have went from 24% to 10.5% in the last 12 weeks using a carb cycling approach. But feel the fat loss has stopped at this point. I feel awful on keto and reali feel the need to have carbs in my diet.

I have an ectomorph body type, and keep reading that we need more carbs than meso and endo, one study I was reading they had the macros set at 50-30-20 cpf.

If u do diet on moderate to high carbs, I appreciate if u shared ur diets and experiences that work for you.

Thanks

I diet straight into shows with 50/30/20 (p/c/f)...I think overall calories affect me more than macro ratios, so if I kept the same total I doubt I'd have trouble with 30/40/30 for example

You'll probably manage to lose another 2% or so natural if you add lots of cardio. After that, drugs.

yes

yes running test t3 and clen for last 12 weeks. im running a carb cycle at the moment using the leangains formula 4 high days and 3 low carb days. mayb i should just run maintenance for a month or two and have another go at it.
start weight was 14.8 stone now at 12.8 stone. added 3kg of muscle over the 12 weeks. measurements were by using a bodpod.

I cannot function on low carb diets, I have way too much daily activity. Total cals on the day will always be the decisive factor. As a general rule, keep in mind that carbs and fats are energy sources, so if you go "high" on the carbs, then the fat needs to come down.

Last edited:
I'd never go under 150 gm of carbs again. (have no plans to compete again, either) I've gone down to nothing in contest prep but just lost size. Looked like a death camp survivor with a tan and vascularity. I got in stage condition last couple of shows keeping 100 gm carb in the program. Got plenty lean.

If you are not losing weight, drop carbs. You got to remember that the only hormone in the body that is responsible for fat storage is insuline... Have a baseline of nutrients and from there you can tweak things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not everyone responses to the same diets or food. Our bodies are different..
I have to get below 100g of carbs to get shredded, and my calories drop so low as well .. trail and error.

Start with 50/30/20 and slowly drop the carbs or do more cardio

You got to remember that the only hormone in the body that is responsible for fat storage is insuline...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not to pick a fight, but this is not true. Human lipid storage and oxidation is a much more complex process.

Answer from Dr.Kim

Hi all,
If you dip below 25% carbs in your diet at some point you'll hit the plateau being talked about because your body doesn't have enough glucose, and you can even see reversals in the cholesterol and triglyceride positive patterns you initially got from reducing carbs. I would suggest that you go to 28% carbs, increase HEALTHY fats (think avocadoes),and reduce pro---tein (avoiding the link!) a bit-even thought that seems counter-intuitive.

Many of you follow Paleo so here is everything you want to know about Paleo and the physiology of eating this way AND dipping too low carb.

Enjoy!
Dr.Kim

I can get peeled on a decent amount of carbs...but my protein can't be super high and my fats need to be VERY low.

I actually lose fat better this way and train better although I feel better on more of a keto type of approach.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131