over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dieting and eating when hungry...

medici999

Banned
This part of eating when hungry has always confused me...

Surely when dieting your gonna be alot hungrier more often, as your metabolism will be quicker from you doing extra cardio...and probably using t3's and fat burners etc..

So surely you will be eating more food when dieting?

hunger represents the status of your BMR, why? because muscle is the pre-dominant number 1 factor regulating BMR,
Increase In muscle size(due to progressive lifting) = Increase in BMR = Increased Hunger = Increase number of meals going from 3-4 meals to 9-10 meals = Increased protein intake = increased muscle size...and thats how it goes in cycles.

so whenever you feel hungry eat the same macro-nutrient ratio ex 60 grams protien/35 grams of carbs/20 grams fats.....everytime when you feel hungry....and just think about it...you will lose body fat and increase muscle mass.

This state cannot be achieved on a ketogenic diet, as its primary principle Mechanism is supply ketones to the brain when the body gets into Ketosis...so you do not feel hungry due to the constant supply of the Ketones.(i think so)

Last edited:
i understand that.

But surely if your wanting to lose bf...and your dieting for a competition...eating more meals because your hungrier more often means you won't lean out?

Once the "Metabolic-Gap" is Established which means increase in muscle mass and decrease in body fat levels (as soon as this state is achieved) you govern your Strength/Size and Leanness, in order to progressively get bigger/strength/size and leaness.............continue your momentum....(always carry it progressively).........-you will have to increase the meals as well as the AAS use. This can be used for our advantage............keep growing with Progressive Dieting/strength/leanness...and whenever the plateau occurs---its time to bump in more Anabolism(Progressive intake of Protein and AAS).Remember we are not what we eat, we are what we digest.

Progressive Lifting = Increase Muscle Size = Increase hunger(body signalling more protein + other macros to increase muscle size = Increased food intake = Increase muscle Mass = Increase BMR = Increase fat loss.....

COST OF BUILDING A POUND OF MUSCLE IS TOO HIGH---AND MUSCLE MASS IS THE BIGGEST REGULATOR OF BASAL METABOLIC RATE better than secondary factors like cardio and fatburners(although they can be used for increased efficiency of fat loss)

So what if you feel hungry only 3-4 times a day in the starting, your body signals its DEMAND in the form of hunger...as you will still become stronger/Size and Leanness wise you will lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, and in a progressive manner...slowly you will see that as and when you plateau increasing meals (which will happen on its own) and increase dosing will lead Muscle Gain and fat-loss

So if someone starting with 3-4 meals will start consuming 4-5 meals after say 2 weeks, then whenever you plateau bump up the food intake by 1 meal and up the dose by 250mg.........to break through plateau. However,there is not a set formula that 1 meal + 250mg increase in dose = Muscle, and after some time you will find out different ways to manipulate exercise and overall meals to make you feel hungrier, slowly every 2 weeks you will automatically increase meals so in the end of 20-24 weeks you will eating 11-12 meals/day(6 of them as protein shakes and 6 of them as whole food) become big as hell and also ripped.

Ex Leg Training day --- u will find that due to the spike in BMR (Leg Muscles are huge muscles) and protein synthesis is triggered, you will find yourself ravenous also the day after Leg Training...Eating when Hungry is flawless in my opinion....
just keep in mind---that you need to eat a set of macro-nutrient ratio as many number of times you feel hungry.

Last edited:
This

Is the best explanation I've ever seen on this topic!

And understand the difference between being truly hungry and the feeling of "I could eat somthing" that alot of people get from being bored

Got a question

Maybe somebody can explain. How to tell if u are truly hungry. Not just eating because everybody else is at lunch, or dinner. Not emotions and true hunger. Not thirst? Etc?
I don't think I truly know that feeling!

Once the "Metabolic-Gap" is Established which means increase in muscle mass and decrease in body fat levels (as soon as this state is achieved) you govern your Strength/Size and Leanness, in order to progressively get bigger/strength/size and leaness.............continue your momentum....(always carry it progressively).........-you will have to increase the meals as well as the AAS use. This can be used for our advantage............keep growing with Progressive Dieting/strength/leanness...and whenever the plateau occurs---its time to bump in more Anabolism(Progressive intake of Protein and AAS).Remember we are not what we eat, we are what we digest.

Progressive Lifting = Increase Muscle Size = Increase hunger(body signalling more protein + other macros to increase muscle size = Increased food intake = Increase muscle Mass = Increase BMR = Increase fat loss.....

COST OF BUILDING A POUND OF MUSCLE IS TOO HIGH---AND MUSCLE MASS IS THE BIGGEST REGULATOR OF BASAL METABOLIC RATE better than secondary factors like cardio and fatburners(although they can be used for increased efficiency of fat loss)

So what if you feel hungry only 3-4 times a day in the starting, your body signals its DEMAND in the form of hunger...as you will still become stronger/Size and Leanness wise you will lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, and in a progressive manner...slowly you will see that as and when you plateau increasing meals (which will happen on its own) and increase dosing will lead Muscle Gain and fat-loss

So if someone starting with 3-4 meals will start consuming 4-5 meals after say 2 weeks, then whenever you plateau bump up the food intake by 1 meal and up the dose by 250mg.........to break through plateau. However,there is not a set formula that 1 meal + 250mg increase in dose = Muscle, and after some time you will find out different ways to manipulate exercise and overall meals to make you feel hungrier, slowly every 2 weeks you will automatically increase meals so in the end of 20-24 weeks you will eating 11-12 meals/day(6 of them as protein shakes and 6 of them as whole food) become big as hell and also ripped.

Ex Leg Training day --- u will find that due to the spike in BMR (Leg Muscles are huge muscles) and protein synthesis is triggered, you will find yourself ravenous also the day after Leg Training...Eating when Hungry is flawless in my opinion....
just keep in mind---that you need to eat a set of macro-nutrient ratio as many number of times you feel hungry.

In not so many words.... just plain common sense. And not trying to be a smartass, as Phil had to teach me this 'common sense approach'. If you truly can 'read' your body and you understand actual hunger, a bigger, leaner version of yourself is just around the corner...especially when using hormones.

Maybe somebody can explain. How to tell if u are truly hungry. Not just eating because everybody else is at lunch, or dinner. Not emotions and true hunger. Not thirst? Etc?
I don't think I truly know that feeling!

Gotta keep it simple man. You will know when your hungry. Listen to your body. If your on the couch, have'nt trained and popcorn sounds really good...but 8 oz of steak does'nt.my guess is your not hungry...that's comfort.

If you blasted your quads and followed that with some cardio and a dry ass piece of chicken and plain rice sounds good....guess what bro....your body is demanding fuel.:eek:

My concern is what happens when your always hungry , some days I'm ravonous all day easily eating 6000 cals of clean food , but some days it's an effort to get in 2000.

This line of thought obviously works and I can't wait to get started with Phil to see if he can figure out what exactly my body needs to grow and hopefully I can learn a bit along the way. Just waiting for my post contest dieting and AAS rebound to get back to normal so I can get him a clean canvas to work with
Aside from aging some muscle and losing fat I'd be tickled shitless if I could lower my food bill some

My concern is what happens when your always hungry , some days I'm ravonous all day easily eating 6000 cals of clean food , but some days it's an effort to get in 2000.

This line of thought obviously works and I can't wait to get started with Phil to see if he can figure out what exactly my body needs to grow and hopefully I can learn a bit along the way. Just waiting for my post contest dieting and AAS rebound to get back to normal so I can get him a clean canvas to work with
Aside from aging some muscle and losing fat I'd be tickled shitless if I could lower my food bill some
Gunsmith, I would say that is a prime example of listening to your body. Your feeding it's needs for the day. For me, like you, every day varies. My post contest rebound was crazy, all I did was eat, eat, eat. Of course it was super clean, but I could not get enough. After 10 weeks post contest it slowed down quite a bit.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws