over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dieting and getting ready for Competition

That is an intense program...but that is some pretty good guidance for my fat ass. ;) I'm not competing or anything but I need to drop some of this "baby fat". :rolleyes:

-slide

hardbodygrl said:
Big A, this diet will work for females to?

DEFINETELLY!

Daveb_19 said:
this might not be the best artical Ive read on here yet, but I liked it the best...

Then it is the best! ;)

cutting GH

the reason for cutting GH is it because of of the subcutaneous water retention? I am assuming yes. How much stronger is the effect of subcutaneous water holding with GH in comparison to an androgen. Androgens have a small mineralcorticoid property which which makes one hold more sodium and hence more water retention, how does this and its analogs compare to GH. Everyone I have spoken with have said to cut it 2 weeks out of a show, why is it anymore stronger of a water holding property then an androgen? Thanx just picking yur brain.
G

BigA...that's a very good article. Great to the point info. Alot of what you say is very similar to what I do when I diet and what I do works very well. I actually do minimal to no cardio at times, but the diet starts at about 12 to 14 weeks depending on current bodyfat. Thanks for taking the time to post it, take care.

patk

Ok, dont want to sound stupid here, but Ive always heard (or been told) to do the cardio first thing in the morning. Now, in this program, the running is performed at night, prior to bedtime. I guess Im just confused on the timing? And/or am I confusing the term "cardio" and the use of running outlined in the program? :confused:

-slide

Re: cutting GH

gooey said:
the reason for cutting GH is it because of of the subcutaneous water retention? I am assuming yes. How much stronger is the effect of subcutaneous water holding with GH in comparison to an androgen. Androgens have a small mineralcorticoid property which which makes one hold more sodium and hence more water retention, how does this and its analogs compare to GH. Everyone I have spoken with have said to cut it 2 weeks out of a show, why is it anymore stronger of a water holding property then an androgen? Thanx just picking yur brain.
G

GH is not stronger than androgens at holding water (not all androgens actually). But it does hold SOME water, and since you don't want any when you walk on stage, you stop it 2 weeks out. The androgens that are used up to the day of the show, do not hold water or they are stopped in time enough for the water to go.

slide said:
Ok, dont want to sound stupid here, but Ive always heard (or been told) to do the cardio first thing in the morning. Now, in this program, the running is performed at night, prior to bedtime. I guess Im just confused on the timing? And/or am I confusing the term "cardio" and the use of running outlined in the program? :confused:

-slide

The morning workout is before breakfast. Since it's a HIT workout, a huge amount fo calories are being burned, which more than makes up for a 'cardio' session. The evening cardio is running, which is a very intense way of cardio. Since it's so intense, the body will burn calories for a number of hours after you stopped the running and now you are fast asleep.

Big A said:

The morning workout is before breakfast. Since it's a HIT workout, a huge amount fo calories are being burned, which more than makes up for a 'cardio' session. The evening cardio is running, which is a very intense way of cardio. Since it's so intense, the body will burn calories for a number of hours after you stopped the running and now you are fast asleep.

Ok, I get it now. Obviously it makes sense, just took a little explaining and I'm on day 2 of it and have thrown up 2x as well. Thanks, bro!

-slide

Last edited:
Big A, i been following this routine now for about 6 weeks an its great. i follow the workouts and my diet is a lil different since im not cutting for a comp. right now. i start cutting a few months ago. an i went from 278 to what im now 248(drug free). i feel my lateral deltoid needs more mass an roundness. got any advise, should i add or replace somthin in the shoulder rountine u layed out ?

The most effective exercise I found for the laterla head is millitary press and lots of it.

BIG A, I am new to this board and just wanted to tell I enjoyed you advice on the diet and supplements. Gaining the size is the easy part for me but hitting the peak for the stage has been a struggle.

Agian enjoyed your article.

Very good article Big A!

I'm just wondering. Would this work for a newbie with only like one cycle under his belt?

Should everyone nomather weight eat the same amount of carbs outlined in the diet? I mean would a guy like me at 210 lbs eat the same amount of carbs as a 270lbs guy?

I've been following your "growth principles for beginners" for a while with good results. Throughout the year would you do any other workout types than the workouts you describe in these two articles?

Very good article Big A!

I'm just wondering. Would this work for a newbie with only like one cycle under his belt?

Should everyone nomather weight eat the same amount of carbs outlined in the diet? I mean would a guy like me at 210 lbs eat the same amount of carbs as a 270lbs guy?

I've been following your "growth principles for beginners" for a while with good results. Throughout the year would you do any other workout types than the workouts you describe in these two articles?

"I'm just wondering. Would this work for a newbie with only like one cycle under his belt?"
Yes.

"Should everyone nomather weight eat the same amount of carbs outlined in the diet? I mean would a guy like me at 210 lbs eat the same amount of carbs as a 270lbs guy?"
As a rule, most people eat about 500g or more of carbs per day during offseason.
So no matter what weight you are, cutting down to 300g/day and then lower, will make you lose fat.
If you eat very low carbs off season, then adjust the carb intake to suit.

"I've been following your "growth principles for beginners" for a while with good results. Throughout the year would you do any other workout types than the workouts you describe in these two articles?"
No.
What I write are not theories but exactly what I do.

Big A

why do you jack up your training volume so much during contest prep?

wouldn't the best way to preserve muscle be to train the same way that built them? I would think this would lead to over training especially during when ur calories are restricted. Do you use this method to bring in more detail?

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner