over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dieting and getting ready for Competition

The diet is really only for 8 weeks. The priomary goal is to lose max bodyfat in the shortest amount of time possible - that's why the extra physical activity.

Taking all the gear that you are supposed to and having such large amounts of protein, you won't lose any muscle.

One question.

I usually workout later in the evening. So can i do cardio postworkout or do HIIT instead after lifting?

You should do morning cardio then

Modifications for no Gear or Fat Burners

Big A,
Awesome article. I'm curious, would you change anything in either the diet or training if the trainee was not going to use any type of gear or fat burner?
Thanks for the info.

SAMMYSDAD said:
Big A,
Awesome article. I'm curious, would you change anything in either the diet or training if the trainee was not going to use any type of gear or fat burner?
Thanks for the info.

I would only do the evening training session and cardio only in the morning.
The diet the same.
It would just take that person longer to be ready, that's all. So, after the two weeks with 100g of carbs/day finish, do an extra 2 weeks with 50g of carbs per day and then move to the 2 weeks with 0g carbs/day. So you are exteding the whole thing by another 2 weeks.
Also, if you are doing it naturally, it depends on how fat you are to begin with. If you are really fat, clean up your diet first to lose some fat before you begin this diet.

Wow BIG A,

You should seriously consider writing a book on how to prepare for a competiton.

That's got to be the most informative article I have ever read about contest dieting-training....

Thank you for sharing!

MR.BICEPS said:
Wow BIG A,

You should seriously consider writing a book on how to prepare for a competiton.

That's got to be the most informative article I have ever read about contest dieting-training....

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks.

I just haven't got around to it yet.
I have had published a finance book, as well as I assisted in a number of other books, like a gear book and Chris Clarks SEO book.
I have just finished a new tell all book that will be on it's way to the printers shortly as well.

Big A, would you recommend doing weights in the morning and cardio later? The gym is usually packed in the evenings and getting the machines are hard. In that case, wou,ld the diet be the same too?(with the necessary switches of the pwo shake of course!)

lionel said:
Big A, would you recommend doing weights in the morning and cardio later? The gym is usually packed in the evenings and getting the machines are hard. In that case, wou,ld the diet be the same too?(with the necessary switches of the pwo shake of course!)

You can do the cardio later if you don't have any carb meals before the cardio - the idea is to be glycogen depleted when you are doing the cardio.

A lot of excellent info, Big A and I trust your advice. It comes a bit late for me as I started dieting at the beginning of the year, basically doing what you have suggested, but with only about half of the protein cals.

I've lost a lot of weight, but have this gut which is taking a long time to budge. Not like a beer gut, but a layer of fat which protrudes just below the navel and which I've had for years, as the result of being a very fat kid.

I had this fantasy of competing, but with two weeks to go and with my belly still there and no sign of the abs coming out, I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe another time.

Am taking thermogenics and some winny and have now been following your dieet for a couple of weeks. Tried clen once. It affected my pulse rhythm so I stopped it.

Any advice would be appreciated. Am thinking of trying something from Synthetek too.

Sorry about the length of the post, but I'm sure a lot of other guys can identify with what I'm saying.

arnie said:
A lot of excellent info, Big A and I trust your advice. It comes a bit late for me as I started dieting at the beginning of the year, basically doing what you have suggested, but with only about half of the protein cals.

I've lost a lot of weight, but have this gut which is taking a long time to budge. Not like a beer gut, but a layer of fat which protrudes just below the navel and which I've had for years, as the result of being a very fat kid.

I had this fantasy of competing, but with two weeks to go and with my belly still there and no sign of the abs coming out, I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe another time.

Am taking thermogenics and some winny and have now been following your dieet for a couple of weeks. Tried clen once. It affected my pulse rhythm so I stopped it.

Any advice would be appreciated. Am thinking of trying something from Synthetek too.

Sorry about the length of the post, but I'm sure a lot of other guys can identify with what I'm saying.

Localised glucogen injections will do the trick.
You have to be totally carb depleted for a few days and only use 1ml/day, divided in a few small injections, shot directly into the fatty area. Fat will literally dissapear over night.

great read and very informative,

although i am not dieting down for a compitition i am trying to get shredded for summer my question comes in as post workout meals,as i understand it there is no food in before workout in the a.m?

and post workout what has been stipulated as the first meal?

post cardio as well just train and get to bed?

many thanks

wide :cool:

"as i understand it there is no food in before workout in the a.m?
and post workout what has been stipulated as the first meal?"

Correct.

"post cardio as well just train and get to bed?"

You have to eat after the PM workout. But then you do the cardio and then bed.

Do you recommend this for people not going on gear?

Looks kinda scary to do AM training on no food after night...

eiv said:
Do you recommend this for people not going on gear?

Looks kinda scary to do AM training on no food after night...
I believe you want to do this, especially if your clean. I've been taught to train early in the morning - I do at 4:30 AM. This is from Bill Pearl, who trained my original mentor. Your natural test levels are HIGHEST in the morning - hence the morning wood :eek: ;) :p :)

I like the pm cardio

Nice advice Big A... I have been doing my cardio in the pm and getting great results..leaner and surprisingly faster..

I am training for my 5th show and I have incorporated HIT (up hill runs) I have also incorporated outside running 30 min (opposed to incline treadmill walking).. The changes have been very good for my physique... and not too bad for my joints.

I think that too many bodybuilders do the hamster on a wheel thing..My first shows I got bad advice and ended up doing 2 hrs a day of cardio! it sucked, I was miserable and burnt out!!! It took me two years to decide to compete in b.b again...

More is not always better.. I would rather try to kill my self running up a hill, then die of boredom walking on a treadmill. :) B.C of my other experience I am having a hard time beliving that what I am doing is enough. But I the scale keeps going down and I am getting leaner by the day... I can post what my scheduel is if anyone wants to see or needs some new idea's.

Squat Ass

bigA: i don't see no pwo shakes.. is it just me or is there no need for whey and carbs pwo?

(ps. you can answer my pm here too.)

lionel said:
bigA: i don't see no pwo shakes.. is it just me or is there no need for whey and carbs pwo?

(ps. you can answer my pm here too.)

Every meal has a protein shake added to it.
Carbs are restricted to what you are allowed to have on that particular day.

Hey Big A.

i want to sk you.
I am geting ready for the show right now,i am 250lb and about 5% boddyfat.I am looking lean and i dont want to over do it.you see my problem is i am always at the day of the show look very flat i cant get good pump,and my vanes are not showing too much,but i am all ripped to the bone,i mean shreded big time,but the fullnes gon.i never carb load,and i dont know really how,i dont want to do any mistakes.but i do carb deaplead.like right now i am 50carbs per day,and i do fell good,but again i dont have too much pump,and i know i not supposed to.but i want to look good at the show time.do you have any sugestions?
i know i need that answer.
Thank You

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner