YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dieting for a show or event... keep insulin in?

Landmonster

Registered
Guys.

Just a question for you insulin users.

If you are dieting for a show (or event, beach vacation, etc) ... would you keep insulin in your regimen around Pre- or Post-workout? Or would you eliminate insulin entirely when trying to lose fat?

• Does taking insulin pre-workout reduce or eliminate fat burning during the workout?
  • If you were to do cardio post-workout, would insulin reduce fat burning from the post-workout cardio?
  • If you do keep insulin in your regimen, how would you structure it? When would you do your cardio, (if any)?

Great topic. This has never been discussed.

Assuming you are taking Humulin-R , I would keep it in as pre workout
ONLY
If it doesn't effect YOUR Fat burning , everyone responds differently!!!

Me personally , I would eliminate it because I'm very carb sensitive and it's way easier for me to just not have carbs than restrict other macros to meet caloric needs while keeping from going hypo

When I would run Humalog (I prefer it over R) I only did post workout and would always add quality muscle while getting leaner without adding in any cardio.

While dieting I would pull it out pre and post. I recently dropped my pre and post log use and without change to diet (I kept my pre,INTRA, and post protocol the same and all other meals the same) I dropped off a good 4-5lbs of water within 3-4 days. I tend to add water and fat pretty easily though so slin has no place in prep for MEALS

It will slow down fat burning during workout. Especially with carbs intra as your body will not be breaking down fatty acids unless u use injectable carnitine. But insulin is great tool to use.

anytime you use carbs around your workout your gonna use them for fuel and neglect fat. using insulin along with that, can make it worse....

however i have found that HGH with insulin, can be a raise in IGF which can help fat burning.

also eating fast acting foods with a fast acting nolvalog 1-2 iu per meal would help you lose fat. I have tried it in that past and it worked well..

or a long lasting 24 hr basal insulin (lantus) can provide a steady stream of insulin that controls blood glucose levels can do wonders.....

some of the dosages and protocols that i have seen are just silly.... and not even safe... jacking up your carbs with insulin is not the best way to do things...

fat burning is all about controlling your BG Levels. PERIOD!

save your slin for off season.....

I am hoping that big Mike arnold will chime in on this one, he loves insulin....

I would pull insulin completely and only time I would utilize during a prep is during Refeed Days or huge refeed meals when fats are non existing. I would not want to have to try and control blood glucose during prep especially when deep into it and carbs drop lower. I personally during have experienced low blood sugar when in prep when my carbs got to around 75-100 had my blood glucose drop to 50 while doing evening cardio before my last meal. Had it happen consecutive days in a row now a good feeling and this was no Slin just I was burning through all my glycogen stores.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws