advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dieting on Low Fat/High Carb versus High Carb/Low Fat...

J.Lizzle

Banned
Anyone tried both the approaches?

For example if calories are identical and protein is say 300g, total calories are around 2800 to start the diet with cardio just 20mins 4times a week.

I personally feel i function better on higher carbs, but whether this impacts fat loss i dont know?

Diet 1 - 300g pro, 300g carbs, 40g fats
Diet 2 - 300g pro, 150g carbs, 110g fats.

Just interested to hear peoples opinions...

Thanks

What's the difference between Low Fat/High Carb versus High Carb/Low Fat ? lol

i did high carbs years ago when i got fat. i biked a shit-ton of miles amd got leaner then i'd ever been up to that point. i figured high carbs let me bike harder and burn more total calories than if i lowered my carbs. i doubt it would work as good if you didnt do alotta cardio tho.
nothing to it but to do it, see for yourself.

haha...

I meant..

Low Carb/High Fat
High Carb/Low Fat

At the end of the day it's all about calories in vs calories out
30 years ago Mike Mentzer got in best shape ever on high carb mod protein and low fat (60/25/15 or so) with minimal aas no tren no hgh no peptides no cytomel etc while these days someone like Ben Pakulski on massive aas/hgh abuse don't eat carbs at all week before competition...they both were able to get in best shape because they were burning more than they were eating

This thread is appropriate to plug my May FLEX article called "Carbs vs Saturated fats" ....

Check it out if you pop into a grocery store -- Fankhouser is on the cover.

However -- at the end of the day it will be up to the trainee to experiment and give both styles a fair shot.

-FF

I think it's better to start with a high carb/low fat approach, then switch to a low carb/high fat diet about mid way, then drop fats and up carbs leading into the show.

The absence of fats simply makes your body burn through carbs and protein faster. Try a carb load with low fats, then try a carb load with fats high. Your weight jump will remain higher if you have lots of carbs and lots of fats. Simply put, the fats help the carbs "stick" around a bit longer.

Of course, insulin sensitivity plays a role and people who are naturally very sensitive do well with more carbs in general and those who don't may benefit more from going the low to lower carb route.

At the end of the day it's about calories in vs. out. In terms of protein, take in enough to maintain muscle mass (a safe bet is 1g per pound) and then manipulate carbs and fats but keep your total calories in mind.

This thread is appropriate to plug my May FLEX article called "Carbs vs Saturated fats" ....

Check it out if you pop into a grocery store -- Fankhouser is on the cover.

However -- at the end of the day it will be up to the trainee to experiment and give both styles a fair shot.

-FF

Im not in the USA buddy, but ill be sure to have a read when it appears online

I know some guys like Chris aceto, George Farrah all like the higher carb approach..but then you get other top guys that prefer lower carbs.

What do you think to this...one of my mates i asked who uses a low fat approach when dieting, he said if natty tho he wouldnt diet down on low fat..

"
The way I see it is this...

Fat is an ESSENTIAL nutrient.

The aim of a diet is to reduce adipose tissue I.e fat.

Don't feed your body fat, which is essential... It then becomes ESSENTIAL for your body to use that fat you're storing, which it will do. The rest takes care of its self from the calorie deficit and is used as fuel.

And the rest is just using activity to go through as much of that fat as possible."

Most will do better on low carb higher fat until insulin sensitivity is increased (under 10%)
The leaner you get the more carbs your body can handle

Higher carb for sanity. Lower carb for results

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

At the end of the day, you've either got to decrease the calories and increase the amount of exercise or increase the amount of exercise and decrease the calories.

From my experience -

higher fat and low carbs will actually induce better sanity. As you get adapted, the fats will literally wipe away most carb cravings and you will in most cases be quite "stable" from a mental standpoint.

Having carbs in the equation will elicit more cravings and more prone to instability. Just like anyone doing any "drug" you take a little, you keep the body "reminded" of the drug and it will crave it.

The benefit IMO would be keeping the pancreas primed for handling insulin and glucose disposal. This makes plotting carb loads for final stages of prep more predictable.

-FF

I feel like crap if I go too low on fat, but I cycle carbs and fat. Low carb day currently is 150, high is 400. Higher fats on low carb/rest days.

Currently this is a small weekly surplus in cals but easy to modify.

Essentially I do both and change the total weekly cals for whatever I need to weigh.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131