YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dieting problem (metabolism changing with age)

TrenBrah

Registered
So this may be a little long but bear with me.

I have been dieting for about 7 weeks now (will be an 11 week cut in all). I haven't really dieted hard for a few years, as I got married and had some other life events which didn't allow me to be as meticulous with my diet as I wanted to be to diet properly.

So that bring me to my question. I am not 30, and definitely can tell that my metabolism has slowed way down in the last few years. I have counted my macros for almost 10 yeas and have a google doc with all my weights and macros from every week spanning back a long time, so I know this is happening.

I started my diet on 2400 cals on a light cycle of 50mg var and 50mg trest, but wasn't losing any weight, so decided to add in 50mcg T3 and cut it down to 2000. Still no real weight loss.

While it isn't unusual for me to not lose weight while cutting on cycle (back a few years ago when my life revolved around this shit, I would usually only lose 1-2 lbs over a 10 week diet, but I would put on a lot of muscle mass so I was losing fat).

But now I am just stagnant. Do you think I dropped my cals too low? In the past, being on cycle I felt like I could drop it as low as I wanted without any negative consequences, but is my age catching up to me?

This is a total mind fuck becuase I have been doing this for so long and had my body all figured out them BAM, everything has changed since my last real diet/cycle.

Advice? I'd like to maximize my fat loss over the next 4 weeks, but not sure if I should bring my cals back up or keep going ultra low (I also added in 20 mins cardio/day last week).

Cliffs
Haven't cycled/dieted in a few years. Body is acting completely different than what I am used to. Don't know what to do with the last 4 weeks of my diet.
Thanks

What's your daily step count

old (and espicially after neglecting gym and diet for years) = dieting (or building muscle) will take way, way longer (all other things equal) and you will not have the muscle you did when you were younger, will require more drugs, more discipline and more suffering (largely through frustration of lack of results), imo. There is still hope to be good or even great, but will just very likely be a smaller or softer version of what you could have been several years ago.

And what is your current gear protocol? Have you Test levels dropped significantly since your last diet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe you need cardio......:rolleyes:

:cool:

old (and espicially after neglecting gym and diet for years) = dieting (or building muscle) will take way, way longer (all other things equal) and you will not have the muscle you did when you were younger, will require more drugs, more discipline and more suffering (largely through frustration of lack of results), imo. There is still hope to be good or even great, but will just very likely be a smaller or softer version of what you could have been several years ago.

Not sure if you were referring to me, but I haven't neglected diet or the gym. I just hadn't "dieted" as in cut diet. I have never "dieting" as in keeping track of my macros (mostly maintenance the last few years) and going to the gym.

And what is your current gear protocol? Have you Test levels dropped significantly since your last diet?

50mg var/50mg trest (light cycle since I was only dieting).

maybe you need cardio......:rolleyes:

:cool:

Just started cardio 20 mins/day 2 weeks ago so hopefully that helps.

Last edited:
Curious to see if your Test level is low. Why not add about 150mg of Test per week?

Curious to see if your Test level is low. Why not add about 150mg of Test per week?

I wish man. Due to some circumstances in my life I can't find right now. That's why I hadn't cycled in a few years :/

So this may be a little long but bear with me.

I have been dieting for about 7 weeks now (will be an 11 week cut in all). I haven't really dieted hard for a few years, as I got married and had some other life events which didn't allow me to be as meticulous with my diet as I wanted to be to diet properly.

So that bring me to my question. I am not 30, and definitely can tell that my metabolism has slowed way down in the last few years. I have counted my macros for almost 10 yeas and have a google doc with all my weights and macros from every week spanning back a long time, so I know this is happening.

I started my diet on 2400 cals on a light cycle of 50mg var and 50mg trest, but wasn't losing any weight, so decided to add in 50mcg T3 and cut it down to 2000. Still no real weight loss.

While it isn't unusual for me to not lose weight while cutting on cycle (back a few years ago when my life revolved around this shit, I would usually only lose 1-2 lbs over a 10 week diet, but I would put on a lot of muscle mass so I was losing fat).

But now I am just stagnant. Do you think I dropped my cals too low? In the past, being on cycle I felt like I could drop it as low as I wanted without any negative consequences, but is my age catching up to me?

This is a total mind fuck becuase I have been doing this for so long and had my body all figured out them BAM, everything has changed since my last real diet/cycle.

Advice? I'd like to maximize my fat loss over the next 4 weeks, but not sure if I should bring my cals back up or keep going ultra low (I also added in 20 mins cardio/day last week).

Cliffs
Haven't cycled/dieted in a few years. Body is acting completely different than what I am used to. Don't know what to do with the last 4 weeks of my diet.
Thanks

You should check out The Anabolic Diet by Dr. Mauro Dipasquale

You can find the pdf online.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws