over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diets by Beverly International

Mojo Rising

Registered
Ok as I was going around the old forums... i stopped by chad's new one. He and Wyldeone both did not like how Bev. diets are set up. I want to know what everyone thinks about there diets and why they dont or do like them?

Right now the diet they have me on bascially is High protein , high fat low carb... the fats are unsaturated which are more or less good for you and most comes from EFAs. I also take bcaas and beef liver tabs with every meal.

My problem with this is you go flat fast. So every 3rd day i take out most of the fats and replace with carbs, sweet potatos , oatmeal and shredded wheat. Also once a week i use a cheat meal to help stoke the ol metabolism.

Please let me know about your experiences... i willpost this on chads forum also to get his opinion also. I will attach his comments when he makes them available.

great for naturals

I really dont know of guys ON that do well on there diets!!!!!! its based on taking 60 different tabs of aminos a day,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. been there,,,,,,,, wylde got me on and i have been to beverly in KY (i live near enough to drive over) they use the same diet for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm?

What all is not to like about the diet? I dont want to waste my time if its bad and all. I figured with the changes i made it would be alright.

Also another questions ive always wondered about.... when dieting is consuming sugars after a workout still ok??? Ive always cut my sugars out during a diet except the good ol cheat night.

I think "Beverly" products are good, but their diet methods are questionable?

I second that. Products are top notch, I obviously stand by them. lol There diets are uuummmm junk. There are a couple of guys around me that use them for contests and aren't very impressive. They stay lean all year but never any changes really.

well!

The reason i don't really like the Beverly diets is because of the fact that your on a ketogenic type diet all the time. Granted i do infact like higher protein and a fair amount of good fats but as DeepSquat said their(beverly international's) diets are geared towards the natural athlete and don't get me wrong thee is nothing wrong with that at all but it isn't realistic for the supplemented bodybuilder and I don't agree with their carb cycling theories as I always beleive in a 50/30/20 or 40/40/20 ratio of proteins/carbs/fats as your body needs carbohydrates as an energy source and while many will agrue that the good E.F.A.'S and omega-3's will give you all of the energy you need that just isn't the case and any nutritionalist will tell you that as carbohydrates are essentail for muscle growth and recovery as well as a good source of trace minerals and vitamens. I would suggest that everyone learns the differance in glycemic index's as this will either make or break a diet. Please try to stick with lower glycemic carbs with the exception of post-workout when you want to replenish glycogen levels immediatly. I could go on and on but in a nut-shell that is my reasoning behind my theories and I think its safe to say my pre-contest diets do work!LOL Please note I am not taking anything away from Roger the owner of Beverly International as he makes a quality product they just don't like it when their sponsored athlete's (and there have been quite a few) use my pre-contest meal plans as opposed to their's as my meal plans are custom tailored to each individual client. Its kinda funny because they didn't even want to talk to me at Jr. Nationals but oh well!LOL I hoep this clarifies thingsa bit. best wishes wyldeone. p.s. Mojo please copy and attach this in the thread over at Chad's board so i don't have to re-type it if you would be so Kind!LOL

heyy wylde

Yea bev's products are great but diets well they like to have complete control over you training and diet............ rodger is a nice enough guy but sandy cna be snobbyy
case in point my wife and i, wylde and strunk and his wife msmuscle were eating breakfast sat morning prior to prejudging at the jr nationals. Beverly was there (rodger sandy and and some other ) they saw us with wylde and didnt even acknowledge us( they know me and msmuscle and strunk) my wife with here womanly instinct starts to boil!!! any way they bleww me off until i placed in the show then they wanted pics of me they took them but im not in their newsletter???? why because wylde did my diet not them.. Oh i used their protien and lean out getting ready and they new it,, just kind of two faced to me.... thier diets center is like hurding in cattle collecting 350-450 a month from client s in suppp sales to get them contest ready.. yea the diet is FREE well the supps ARENT! some around here tought roadger as a drug guru............... I have personally worked with them and now well i dont!

what diet?

hey dpsquat...tell wylde about that tootsie roll diet i seen you eating the other night.....i bet half of the candy you had never seen the inside of those trick-or-treat bags......lol....

btw...you still need to send that pics link you promised me......ss.

Re: well!

wyldeone said:
I could go on and on but in a nut-shell that is my reasoning behind my theories and I think its safe to say my pre-contest diets do work!

I can confirm this statement from personal experience . Big props to wylde

Beverly does produce high quality supps. I was actually surprised at the last show I did, almost all of the guys from the USA said they used Beverly's supps. Now SS...when Dp is getting ready for his next show, I'm going to buy stock in peanut butter. From what I know, he's got it hidden all over the home.LOL

Re: well!

wyldeone said:
Please note I am not taking anything away from Roger the owner of Beverly International as he makes a quality product they just don't like it when their sponsored athlete's (and there have been quite a few) use my pre-contest meal plans as opposed to their's as my meal plans are custom tailored to each individual client.

Roger used to offer more personalized attention until they just got too big to do it. They have too many clients and have hired people to work for them dispensing diet information. These people do not have the experience to do so, in some cases, and rely on diet "formulas" rather than analyzing every detail about the individual and making modifications as necessary. There are a lot of people who do their diets, but they certainly don't work for everyone.
Concerning Roger: you certainly do have to respect the knowledge. I don't go to see them, but I do talk to him via e-mail from time to time to bounce ideas off him. He's usually very good at pointing out things I hadn't considered. They have dealt with all types of athletes, but have focused more on "naturals" of late.
Believe me, Roger knows what's going on though.

bulk

Ok so the 40/40/20 or 50/30/20 is the prefered method for dieting... what about bulking??

Im going to continue using their products b/c i feel i get what i pay for but the diet may be out the window from here out.

All you have to do is increase the calories. Follow the same regimen just add to the amount of food, all qaulity though.

diezel....i'm no nutritionist but i'm not too sure of your theory.....i don't think you can eat something 2 days after the fact to make up for something you should have eaten 2 days earlier.....

just like you can't pig out for a day, then not eat for a day and still grow the way you want to.....

maybe i'm wrong, or didn't read your thread right, but i see too many people try to make up today for something they did the day before when it just aint gonna help....

Re: what diet?

smallsparrow said:
hey dpsquat...tell wylde about that tootsie roll diet i seen you eating the other night.....i bet half of the candy you had never seen the inside of those trick-or-treat bags......lol....

btw...you still need to send that pics link you promised me......ss.

HaHa... yea they were good too!!! i lost your email so ill pm ya

Post workout

Im going to give the 40/40/20 regimen a shot... now as far as the post wokrout drink. I guess high protein and moderate sugars?? For this diet set up would it be good to get my carbs in earlier in the day and then change up to fats at night, or should it be this kind of ratio for everymeal?

I got bored today and was looking around at Bevely site. I found this diret and it seems very sound, not the usual high pro/low crb approach. What do u guys think. This is what i am going to foolw after my show.

**broken link removed**

Kind of suprised it uses cups and scoops for measurement and not grams which would be more accurate.

Do a test and see for yourself. A cup of oatmeal does not weigh the same as the next cup. Same for a scoop of protein powder.

I mean how much is a cup of brocolli?

Ok I know this is nit picking. :)

IM not a big fan of there diets...I tried them once and lost some muscle, as Wylde said, there diets are set up for natural bodybuilders (which isnt bad) ...

chris

did u look at this one Chris? It stars at a 55%carb/35%pro/10%fat then gradually turns to a 35%carb/55%pro/10%fat over the diet. I dont like the low carb stuff either, i just calculated the 14 week out diet and it came to3335 cals/464 carbs/ 283 pro/ 36 fat.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws