over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Different AAS effect on visceral fat?

thewizkid

Registered
So it seems different AAS have different effects on visceral fat.

I am wondering if anyone know the effects of primobolan, eq and masteron on visceral fat

it seems testosterone, nandrolone increase visceral fat accumulation

Anavar and trenbolone decreases it

DHT derivatives seem to burn it up.

So it seems different AAS have different effects on visceral fat.

I am wondering if anyone know the effects of primobolan, eq and masteron on visceral fat

it seems testosterone, nandrolone increase visceral fat accumulation

Anavar and trenbolone decreases it

I thinkg nandro actually melts mine as does tren, trest , and all dhts. But some reason I think deca may actually do it one of if not the best for me. I don't think this is typical but I love it...

DHT derivatives seem to burn it up.
I was assuming this but any literature on it?

I thinkg nandro actually melts mine as does tren, trest , and all dhts. But some reason I think deca may actually do it one of if not the best for me. I don't think this is typical but I love it...
Nandrolone decreases subq fat but increases visceral fat
Visceral would be the fat intra abdominally

Anavar is a slam dunk on fat loss due to improved insulin sensitivity.

Effects of androgen therapy on adipose tissue and metabolism in older men.
Randomized controlled trial
Schroeder ET, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004.
Show full citation
Abstract
We investigated the effects of oxandrolone on regional fat compartments and markers of metabolism. Thirty-two 60- to 87-yr-old men (body mass index, 28.1 +/- 3.4 kg/m(2)) were randomized to oxandrolone (20 mg/d; n = 20) or matching placebo (n = 12) treatment for 12 wk. Oxandrolone reduced total (-1.8 +/- 1.0 kg; P < 0.001), trunk (-1.2 +/- 0.6 kg; P < 0.001), and appendicular (-0.6 +/- 0.6 kg; P < 0.001) fat, as determined by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry. The changes in total and trunk fat were greater (P < 0.001) than the changes with placebo. By magnetic resonance imaging, visceral adipose tissue decreased (-20.9 +/- 12 cm(2); P < 0.001), abdominal sc adipose tissue (SAT) declined (-10.7 +/- 12.1 cm(2); P = 0.043), the ratio VAT/SAT declined from 0.57 +/- 0.23 to 0.49 +/- 0.19 (P = 0.002), and proximal and distal thigh SC fat declined [-8.3 +/- 6.7 cm(2) (P < 0.001) and -2.2 +/- 3.0 kg (P = 0.004), respectively]. Changes in proximal and distal thigh SC fat with oxandrolone were different than with placebo (P = 0.018 and P = 0.059). A marker of insulin sensitivity (quantitative insulin sensitivity check index) improved with oxandrolone by 0.0041 +/- 0.0071 (P = 0.018) at study wk 12. Changes in total fat, abdominal SAT, and proximal extremity SC fat were correlated with changes in fasting insulin from baseline to study wk 12 (r >or= 0.45; P < 0.05). Losses of total fat and SAT were greater in men with baseline testosterone of 10.4 nmol/liter or less (<or= 300 ng/dl) than in those with higher levels [-2.5 +/- 1.1 vs. -1.5 +/- 0.8 kg (P = 0.036) and -24.1 +/- 14.3 vs. -2.9 +/- 21.3 cm(2) (P = 0.03), respectively]. Twelve weeks after discontinuing oxandrolone, 83% of the reductions in total, trunk, and extremity fat by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry scanning were sustained (P < 0.02). Androgen therapy, therefore, produced significant and durable reductions in regional abdominal and peripheral adipose tissue that were associated with improvements in estimates of insulin sensitivity. However, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol decreased by -0.49 +/- 0.21 mmol/liter and directly measured low-density lipoprotein cholesterol increased by 0.57 +/- 0.67 mmol/liter and non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol increased by 0.54 +/- 0.97 mmol/liter (P < 0.03 for each) during treatment with oxandrolone; these changes were largely reversible. Thus, therapy with an androgen that does not adversely affect lipids may be beneficial for some components of the metabolic syndrome in overweight older men with low testosterone levels.

Anavar is a slam dunk on fat loss due to improved insulin sensitivity.

Effects of androgen therapy on adipose tissue and metabolism in older men.
Randomized controlled trial
Schroeder ET, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004.
Show full citation
Abstract
We investigated the effects of oxandrolone on regional fat compartments and markers of metabolism. Thirty-two 60- to 87-yr-old men (body mass index, 28.1 +/- 3.4 kg/m(2)) were randomized to oxandrolone (20 mg/d; n = 20) or matching placebo (n = 12) treatment for 12 wk. Oxandrolone reduced total (-1.8 +/- 1.0 kg; P < 0.001), trunk (-1.2 +/- 0.6 kg; P < 0.001), and appendicular (-0.6 +/- 0.6 kg; P < 0.001) fat, as determined by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry. The changes in total and trunk fat were greater (P < 0.001) than the changes with placebo. By magnetic resonance imaging, visceral adipose tissue decreased (-20.9 +/- 12 cm(2); P < 0.001), abdominal sc adipose tissue (SAT) declined (-10.7 +/- 12.1 cm(2); P = 0.043), the ratio VAT/SAT declined from 0.57 +/- 0.23 to 0.49 +/- 0.19 (P = 0.002), and proximal and distal thigh SC fat declined [-8.3 +/- 6.7 cm(2) (P < 0.001) and -2.2 +/- 3.0 kg (P = 0.004), respectively]. Changes in proximal and distal thigh SC fat with oxandrolone were different than with placebo (P = 0.018 and P = 0.059). A marker of insulin sensitivity (quantitative insulin sensitivity check index) improved with oxandrolone by 0.0041 +/- 0.0071 (P = 0.018) at study wk 12. Changes in total fat, abdominal SAT, and proximal extremity SC fat were correlated with changes in fasting insulin from baseline to study wk 12 (r >or= 0.45; P < 0.05). Losses of total fat and SAT were greater in men with baseline testosterone of 10.4 nmol/liter or less (<or= 300 ng/dl) than in those with higher levels [-2.5 +/- 1.1 vs. -1.5 +/- 0.8 kg (P = 0.036) and -24.1 +/- 14.3 vs. -2.9 +/- 21.3 cm(2) (P = 0.03), respectively]. Twelve weeks after discontinuing oxandrolone, 83% of the reductions in total, trunk, and extremity fat by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry scanning were sustained (P < 0.02). Androgen therapy, therefore, produced significant and durable reductions in regional abdominal and peripheral adipose tissue that were associated with improvements in estimates of insulin sensitivity. However, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol decreased by -0.49 +/- 0.21 mmol/liter and directly measured low-density lipoprotein cholesterol increased by 0.57 +/- 0.67 mmol/liter and non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol increased by 0.54 +/- 0.97 mmol/liter (P < 0.03 for each) during treatment with oxandrolone; these changes were largely reversible. Thus, therapy with an androgen that does not adversely affect lipids may be beneficial for some components of the metabolic syndrome in overweight older men with low testosterone levels.
Yea, it seems insulin sensitivity and visceral fat is correlated

nandrolone decreased fasting glucose levels but impaired glucose tolerance (decreased insulin sensitivity) and increased insulin levels, so that could explain the visceral fat accumulation.

Can someone explain why when I look at the anabolic to androgenic ratio of Anavar it has a range up to like 600 or something 300-600??

miss this based off dose?

Can someone explain why when I look at the anabolic to androgenic ratio of Anavar it has a range up to like 600 or something 300-600??

I've found the anabolic:androgenic ratios often don't translate to any practical real-world application in bodybuilders.

I think the large ratio with anavar has to do with it being broken down in the liver and how much of it ends up being left over

don’t quote me on that

I think the large ratio with anavar has to do with it being broken down in the liver and how much of it ends up being left over

don’t quote me on that
so if it was injected it could be more potent ? Possibly

anavar scares me because it’s metabolized in the kidneys and liver.
kidneys are not as resilient as the liver is. To get the results I am looking for I would need upwards of 100mgs

while most AAS will decrease visceral fat, I believe it is other factors that add to excess visceral fat. Things like excess insulin, reduced slin sensitivity, high blood glucose. All of those are ripe and peak when using large amounts of Gh and bulking with lots of carbs.
Visceral fat accumulation in men is positively associated with insulin, glucose, and C-peptide levels, but negatively with testosterone levels
Twenty-three healthy men (age 25 to 50 years), covering a wide range of fatness and body fat distribution, were studied. An oral glucose tolerance test was performed and adipose tissue areas were calculated from computed tomography (CT) scans made at the level of L4L5. Visceral fat area was associated with elevated concentrations of insulin and C-peptide and with glucose intolerance before and after the oral glucose load. Concentrations of sex-hormone-binding glubolin (SHBG), as well as total and free testosterone, were negatively correlated with waist/hip circumference ratio and visceral fat area and also negatively associated with increased glucose, insulin, and C-peptide concentrations. In multiple linear regression, adjusting for age, body mass index, and visceral fat area, serum concentrations of free testosterone were still negatively correlated with glucose, insulin, and C-peptide levels. Without claiming any causality in the observed associations, we conclude that, unlike in women, abdominal fat distribution, insulin, glucose, and C-peptide levels are negatively associated with serum testosterone levels in men.

while most AAS will decrease visceral fat, I believe it is other factors that add to excess visceral fat. Things like excess insulin, reduced slin sensitivity, high blood glucose. All of those are ripe and peak when using large amounts of Gh and bulking with lots of carbs.
Visceral fat accumulation in men is positively associated with insulin, glucose, and C-peptide levels, but negatively with testosterone levels
Twenty-three healthy men (age 25 to 50 years), covering a wide range of fatness and body fat distribution, were studied. An oral glucose tolerance test was performed and adipose tissue areas were calculated from computed tomography (CT) scans made at the level of L4L5. Visceral fat area was associated with elevated concentrations of insulin and C-peptide and with glucose intolerance before and after the oral glucose load. Concentrations of sex-hormone-binding glubolin (SHBG), as well as total and free testosterone, were negatively correlated with waist/hip circumference ratio and visceral fat area and also negatively associated with increased glucose, insulin, and C-peptide concentrations. In multiple linear regression, adjusting for age, body mass index, and visceral fat area, serum concentrations of free testosterone were still negatively correlated with glucose, insulin, and C-peptide levels. Without claiming any causality in the observed associations, we conclude that, unlike in women, abdominal fat distribution, insulin, glucose, and C-peptide levels are negatively associated with serum testosterone levels in men.

Yea, it seems like insulin levels are correlated with visceral fat in all the studies I've read

i wonder if metformin can help with this
when i took metformin for half a year, although I wasn't working out, i was extremely thin. My waist was about half the circumference of my rib cage
i may use metformin long term for this, i stopped bodybuilding so the negative effects on muscle mass, is not of concern

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear