over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Digestive enzymes

kandaandm

Registered
Do you guys take digestive enzymes to help protein assimulation?

Digestion vs Absorption

Digestive enzymes may help break down (digest) protein, but will have little effect on total absorption or absorption rates.

Digestion and absorption are rarely problems for healthy people, even with increased protein intakes. THose who have trouble with, say, dairy, do so be cause of the lactoes generally.

Yes and no.

I take DE's but not for protein assimilation. I find they help me avoid upset stomach when I eat a really large meal, especially one that is heavy on carbs and protein. If I am not mistaken breaking down carbs and proteins is what they are marketed for.

-terryd5150-

I take SyntheBLOCKplus after every large meal. Helps break everything down and makes sure I don't get so bloated that I can't breathe :eek:

i'm not sold on the chitosan just yet... and i didn't get jack from the syntheselen... now the syntherol was simply amazing... as was the FAQ.

recommended

A little something(clips/inserts) from the Wellness Directory, " Quote"

Enzymes & Stomach Acid: this is one subject that drives me up a wall. The Standard American Diet (SAD), besides being devoid of fiber, contains no enzymes. Enzymes are necessary for nearly every chemical process in your body. When creating enzymes for digestion, your body is not producing enzymes for your immune system. Since our diets lack necessary enzymes (and they cannot be synthesized in a laboratory), our vital organs are constantly over burdened by our diets.

Secondly, heartburn, in most cases, is caused by too little stomach acid, and not, as television commercials would have you believe, by too much. Antacids are killing us slowly. Your food needs to be digested in order to assimilate the nutrition from it.

Ok, let's discuss this. If most indigestion is caused by too little stomach acid and your doctor recommends you take an antacid, yes, your heartburn will stop. Having too little stomach acid (or lacking proper enzymes, another factor), your food sits in your stomach and starts to ferment and bubble. The bubbles touch the tender parts of your esophagus causing pain and discomfort. Taking an antacid will destroy what little stomach acid you do have and relieve the pain. However, what passes into your small intestines and eventually into your colon is a glob of undigested food, from which you cannot get the nutrition you need and can lead to food allergies. Since we all tend to eat the things we like, many people have a low grade food allergies to their favorite foods. What does this all mean? First, you are malnourished. Your immune system needs nourishment. You should know that by now! And secondly, food allergies overburden your undernourished immune system. What does this all add up to? Chronic life threatening illness.

It is highly recommended to take enzymes with meals. Enzymes assist you in getting the nutrition you need, take the burden off your digestive organs, and even allow your body to digest parasites and their eggs..

Adding betaine hydrochloride to a meal is recommended if you lack stomach acid. People with the most common blood type, A, usually lack stomach acid. You can go to your doctor for a test to see if you are producing enough stomach acid, or for a less invasive test, pick up some litmus paper from your local pharmacy. When you awaken, before you brush your teeth, test the acid in your mouth. Then, fifteen minutes after you've eaten, test again. If the acidity does not rise, you're not producing enough stomach acid.

Now, certain foods produce an abundance of stomach acid in certain people. So be careful. Personally, tomatoes do this to me. Before taking an antacid, take some calcium pills. Calcium needs acid to be absorbed into your body. It buffers the stomach acid (give it some time), and you probably know that Tums® contains calcium. However now you know something all those doctors who prescribe Tums® as a calcium supplement don't: the calcium in Tums® is less available to your body because of the other chemicals it contains that help to buffer your stomach acid; because calcium needs an acidic environment to be absorbed. "End Quote"

so you figure a person eating 6meals and up ED year in and out would think their digestive system could use a little help

Massive G's Bromelain Paper

I started using this digestive enzyme after reading a post from Massive G over on MM about it's other interesting applications. It's so cheap, I figured why not. I've always had minor stomach upset from too much protein I think (not lactose intolerant) but I can't swear it has made a difference in last 3 months, but I'm going to continue on it.

http://www.chadnicholls.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24159&highlight=bromelain

Massive G- any updates on your use?

1BB

1badboy said:
I started using this digestive enzyme after reading a post from Massive G over on MM about it's other interesting applications. It's so cheap, I figured why not. I've always had minor stomach upset from too much protein I think (not lactose intolerant) but I can't swear it has made a difference in last 3 months, but I'm going to continue on it.

http://www.chadnicholls.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24159&highlight=bromelain

Massive G- any updates on your use?

1BB
good read by Massive,
bromelain is only 1 so your probably better off getting a complete and balanced form of digestive enzymes(multiple enzymes in 1 capsule), this way you get the Maximum digestive activity available

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear