over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Digestive enzymes..

bhumik

Registered
I know a lot of people on this board take it.. and i want to try it. but I looked at some fo the ingredients nad they are proteases, lipases, etc. Arent these enzymes dangerous if you just ingest them?? I know when they aer secreted by the pancreas they are secreted in an inactive from and then they are activated in the duodenum cause they can wreak havoc on normal cell wall if tehy become activated in the wrong place.

So wouldnt that be bad for my mouth and esophagus if this enzymes really work and I just take them orally. ??

I know a lot of people on this board take it.. and i want to try it. but I looked at some fo the ingredients nad they are proteases, lipases, etc. Arent these enzymes dangerous if you just ingest them?? I know when they aer secreted by the pancreas they are secreted in an inactive from and then they are activated in the duodenum cause they can wreak havoc on normal cell wall if tehy become activated in the wrong place.

So wouldnt that be bad for my mouth and esophagus if this enzymes really work and I just take them orally. ??

I think you have answered your own question... First of all you are probably taking a tablet, caplet, or capsule form of the product. This casing of any of these forms of delivery will not break down until they hit your stomach. If they are rendered inactive till a response from the duodenum than you have nothing to worry about. If you take a look at where the duodenum is located, you'll notice that it is right between the stomach and small intestine.

If you have ever had heart burn; that is basically stomach acid in the esophagus. Despite the esopagus not having a layer of mucous it is still rather resilient.

The only things I get from digestive enzymes are:

- much less bloat
- increased hunger (which allows for less time between meals)
- better transit

So it's all positive :) ;)

DIGESTIVE ENZYMES

Could someone please tell me the best brands for this stuff. I assume you take with solid foods and not your protein shakes? Thanks for any info

I use a very good one (at least I feel so... :p ) made by NATURE'S PLUS and called ACTI-ZYME.

Contains all the essential enzymes with added probiotics, fructo oligo saccharides and bioperine.

I use a very good one (at least I feel so... :p ) made by NATURE'S PLUS and called ACTI-ZYME.

Contains all the essential enzymes with added probiotics, fructo oligo saccharides and bioperine.

Thanks for the tip....do you only take with "real" food....i.e. not with shakes.

Digestive enzymes kick ass. Also something else I've started doing every 3-4 months is a digestive cleanse.

**broken link removed**

That link has a ton good info on it. I've done this twice and I feel 10x better after I do it then I did before.

Thanks for the tip....do you only take with "real" food....i.e. not with shakes.

I naturally digest real food much better than powders, especially whey which tends to bloat me badly if I take too much at a time (and I'm talking pure isolate only here) :rolleyes: No problem with casein though...

So each time I drink a shake, not so often actually, YES I swallow enzyme caps with it... and it definitely makes a HUGE difference :)

i do notice that it helps, nothing amazing for me but a slight improvement

i use Gr8 Acidophilus by NOW Foods

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner