over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Digestive issues?

getbig212

Registered
Almost every time I eat my stomach gets bloated and I get really tired within 45 minutes, sometimes sooner. It will get to the point where I am nodding out until I lay down and take a nap. When I awake from the nap my stomach is usually empty and I feel much better. I am guessing it's because my body takes to long to digest food or something. Does this happen to anyone else?

Almost every time I eat my stomach gets bloated and I get really tired within 45 minutes, sometimes sooner. It will get to the point where I am nodding out until I lay down and take a nap. When I awake from the nap my stomach is usually empty and I feel much better. I am guessing it's because my body takes to long to digest food or something. Does this happen to anyone else?

What does a typical meal look like??

100% whole oats, chicken, peanut butter.

All meals are clean. I sub out oats with brown rice, sub out chicken with protein shakes or other lean meats, sub out peanut butter with other healthy fats such as almonds or olive oil.

I also would like to add that nothing will keep me up when the sleepiness occurs. I have tried taking caffeine and various other stimulants and I always can still easily fall asleep.

Could be a number of things.
What's the macro breakdown? carbs/protien/fats in grams?
Is it more severe depending on the size of the meal? Type of carbs?

All meals are clean. I sub out oats with brown rice, sub out chicken with protein shakes or other lean meats, sub out peanut butter with other healthy fats such as almonds or olive oil.

Take out the peanut butter, and take 1 tbs apple cider vineger after meals.
Don`t eat the whole oats raw.

What cine of protein shakes are you drinking?

Could be allergic to some of the foods you are eating... a food allergy test would be good
- change carb sources to Amaranth, Millet, Wild Rice, or Quinoa... and don't use too much fat with carb meals perhaps.
- use high quality protein shakes/meat/foods... and switch up the meats daily.
- apple cider vinegar is good like Eric said
- enzymes and pro biotics, and do a cleans/fast( probably would do this first)

hey bro try some super enzymes tabs before each meal really works well

i would try adding some fresh pineapple to every meal

another trick ive learned is keifer.....its a drinkable yorgurt
(popular in europe)....full of proibotics..

you buy it by the quart, and it actually has about 40grams of protein
per quart......i try to drink a quart per day....it has help my digestion
tremendously.....

your local supermarket should have it
if not.....trader joes or whole foods has it for sure
and you can catch it on sale sometimes at 4 for 10dollars

it does have alot of sugar in it for flavoring
but they also make plain, which dont have as much sugar...

try it......promise you will like it

:cool:

ive always have had the same issues as the op. i do find less carbs if im not working out helps alot, but i would like to hear more input.

Carbs blat me and make tired. Oats make me get acid reglux if I eat more than a half cup og them.

Sounds like you don't have enough enzymes in your diet.Diet pop sweeteners are bad for enzymes.Sounds like your body inst breaking the food down fast enough for one.

As others have said, it seems there is a lack of digestive enzymes and adding foods like pineapple and trying apple cider vinegar may help and probiotics may helps with the assimilation of nutrients.

You may also have a food allergy or intolerance and trying differenct sources of carbs and proteins might benefit you.

I like the probiotics and enzyme suggestions,,,those will help. I would use some Metamucil every night before bed to keep you regular.

Interesting I didn't know having a lot of diet pop would decrease your amount of digestive enzymes. Lately I've been having issues with bloating and digestion as well which happened to coincide with my increased diet soda consumption.

I already take a multi with some digestive enzymes, but I think I'm going to try to get in more probiotics (kefir yogurt) and cut down on the amount of diet soda I have also. Then see if that makes a difference.

Interesting I didn't know having a lot of diet pop would decrease your amount of digestive enzymes. Lately I've been having issues with bloating and digestion as well which happened to coincide with my increased diet soda consumption.

I already take a multi with some digestive enzymes, but I think I'm going to try to get in more probiotics (kefir yogurt) and cut down on the amount of diet soda I have also. Then see if that makes a difference.

The acidity in soda as well as the artifical sweeteners and carbonation can cause digestive issues in some individuals.

I started taking probiotics. Yesterday I strayed away from my diet somewhat. I woke up and had a protein shake and some oatmeal. A half hour later I was sitting in a car with my brother and he said he was talking to me and I randonly passed out for about an hour.

Later that night I had some Mcdonalds (I rarely ate this but I was traveling to just said whatever and ate it anyways.Within a half hour after eat that I passed out again (I was sitting in a car this time again.)

Today I woke up and ate some milk and cereal (rarely eat this, just wanted to see how I reacted to it.) I went on the computer and just fell asleep for a while.

I am struggling to write this as my head is nodding off. I am thinking I might have a sleep disorder ppossibly.

I don't have sleep apnea. I have hada ad overnight sleep study done and nothing showed up on it. Would narcolepsy show up on a n overnight sleep study? Could it be possible that I have narcolepsy?

goto the doc and get your blood work done. could be a few things.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131