over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Digestive suggestions for pregnant girlfriend

superbigd

Registered
Hey guys.
Girlfriend is pregnant and is having a hard time digesting food even though she normally is extremely fit and skinny. According to her the food feels like it’s sitting in her throat/esophagus and is not passing to her stomach.

Like she just threw up and it was all pasta and food we ate two hours ago undigested. She never has this issue when she’s not pregnant.

She also will burp like ten times over. Sorry if it’s tmi but I wanna help the poor girl out. Any suggestions? Digestive enzymes like papaya didn’t help.

Thanks bros

Hey guys.
Girlfriend is pregnant and is having a hard time digesting food even though she normally is extremely fit and skinny. According to her the food feels like it’s sitting in her throat/esophagus and is not passing to her stomach.

Like she just threw up and it was all pasta and food we ate two hours ago undigested. She never has this issue when she’s not pregnant.

She also will burp like ten times over. Sorry if it’s tmi but I wanna help the poor girl out. Any suggestions? Digestive enzymes like papaya didn’t help.

Thanks bros
Have her try betaine hcl. Sounds like possibly a lack of hydrochloric acid to aid in digesting her food. Does she have heartburn when she’s burping?

Papaya for someone with legit issues is akin to a band aid for a gunshot wound.

Basic Entry Level Enzyme
Now Super Enzymes: I prefer the capsules. You can take more than one per meal if need be. If she needs 3+ caps I suggest upgrading to Now Digest Ultimate.

Have her pay close attention to the foods she eats and the results as even if all food is an issue some will be worse than others.

Is she on any PPIs?
Does she get very bloated before she throws up?

Is she on any PPIs?
Does she get very bloated before she throws up?
Thank you all for your responses. No she’s not on a PPI. We ate homemade pasta and meatballs last night and an two hours later she goes to the bathroom and throws it all up undigested, and it’s not the first time. She constantly complains of gas/bloating

Hey guys.

Thanks bros
I would recommend that she doesn’t take anything supplement wise without consulting her doctor. The best thing she can do is eat a blander diet void of spices and high fats.” In the beginning of pregnancy, progesterone will relax the muscles and slow digestion. Later in pregnancy, the enlarged uterus crowds the intestines, which further decreases the speed of digestion. This will make you feel bloated, gassy, and constipated.”

Thank you all for your responses. No she’s not on a PPI. We ate homemade pasta and meatballs last night and an two hours later she goes to the bathroom and throws it all up undigested, and it’s not the first time. She constantly complains of gas/bloating
These days pasta makes me sick to my stomach and I’m not pregnant. 🤣

Small meals every few hours (avoid large feeds), this will get worse as the pregnancy goes on, for a lot of women. Most women find they feel better if the avoid greasy foods, but it varies mom to mom. Avoiding tight clothes can help some as well.

I would recommend that she doesn’t take anything supplement wise without consulting her doctor. The best thing she can do is eat a blander diet void of spices and high fats.” In the beginning of pregnancy, progesterone will relax the muscles and slow digestion. Later in pregnancy, the enlarged uterus crowds the intestines, which further decreases the speed of digestion. This will make you feel bloated, gassy, and constipated.”
Yea my boy was born in Feb and my wife is fit but over 35 and lije yiu I wanted to do probiotics, ACV, ginger etc. but a baby pressing on the organs isn’t fixed with supps. Eat slow chew well small easy to digest food. This is def a KISS situation

Same exact thing happened with me. The way I resolved it is by cutting out red meat and gluten for a little while.

Also have her use GasX 2 in the morning and 2 at night IF her doctor allows it. Sometimes constipation or delayed bowel movement is the culprit. Does she sweat and her heart rate goes up when she experience bloating?

Eating smaller easier to digest meals can help. Eating large meals can stretch out the stomache causing excess stomach acid to be secreted which will cause gas as well which will cause pressure on the diaphragm and the vagus nerve causing the nausea and the vomiting.

If your doc approves the ACV and lemon juice I think that would help greatly. Our doc liked it but we’re over 35 and did IVF so he pulled everything except prenatal vitamins jic.

Could be you're overthinking this. Lol
You said she's skinny, in addition to the pregnancy. Sometimes is simply having less room in her abdominal cavity. The solution is to have smaller, more frequent meals, that are easier to digest. Not heavy, glutinous pasta. Some cream of rice and a couple egg whites, for example. Make a smoothie, with fruits and spinach in it. Fewer fats will also help with the speed of processing.
The burps, bloating, and gas are just trapped air. Normal in pregnancy. Not necessarily due to deficiency. Again, less room, rearranges everything inside.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws