over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Digital BF% Scale VS Fat Clipper?

shortyshort

Registered
which is more accurate?

the digital scale that reads bf%, water weight vs 10dollar fat clipper?

I've only had 1 digital scale that came close to getting my bf% correct. I wish I could remember the model number/brand.

I've bought 6 different brands now and I always get a reading of over 25%. I'm well hydrated, I enter all the correct info, and it still screws up. The calipers tell me I'm around 12%. I know what 10%-14% looks and I'm in that range. So in my experience the calipers are more accurate then the majority of scales.

That 1 scale that worked for me had a setting to indicate if you were sedentary, mildly active, or athletic. Maybe that made the difference because I had it on the athletic setting

If your going to buy a digital bf scale, save you receipt, and return it if it's garbage.

These guys came to a fitness fair at my work. They had a machine that I held two things in my hand. It looked pretty expensive but also seemed to be accurate.

Depend on who's doing it. But in my experience $10 calipers work the best and are very accurate for people with a decent bf%.

I think the scales are a waste for a BBer. I have been tested by both and the scale read me 35% while the calipers read 19%. Then again after losing some weight the scale read me at 18% while the skindex read me at 10%. I have the cheap home Accumeasure which is a rough/relative guideline but better than a scale IMO.

Hawk

I have a Tanita scale that measures my BF pretty damn close.
Several times now I have double and even triple checked it by getting a trainer at my gym to do calipers and another personal trainer I know who uses the bodpod and this scale is always with 1 or 2 %of what I'm getting from the others.
I have tried other scales like this one and only one other was as accurate as this one.
Most were off by at least 5% some were so random you could do 3 different measurements with in minutes of each other and all 3 would be 5 or 10 percent from the previous.

Anyway I take good care of this one so I don't have to do calipers and such if I don't want to.

War

Ive never seen a worse reading than a scale. My buddy was hydro tested at %5 when he did his show and the scale said %16 Said i was like %23 and im around 11/12.

so the skindex read half of what digital scales read... im really surprised to see digital scales are off?
do u trust skindex more because its been used for many years or because its reading lower numbers?

Tanita are specialized into impedancemeter, there is lot of controverse and with all the competitive brands and prices, i choosen the accumeasure fat caliper, pinch an inch and follow progress. Easy and Cheap.

Calipers anyday. Those scales are often misleading.

Calipers, Calipers!!! hahahah thanks Alin.. im over here calling it "Clippers" lol :banghead:
it would be nice if it clipped all my fat away.
i will buy this fat caliper and test it out.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws