over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dingo raw hide bone alternative?

aflo

Registered
Hey all wondering if anyone knows an alternative rawhide to the dingo brand?
After doing some research I read many dogs were getting ill from these? Does anyone know a similar product? Thanks!

I would stay away from anything Chinese made. I know it doesn't help your answer but after 4 grand in vet bills 2 years ago. Two of my dogs got sick at same time with exact same issues. Only thing it could have been was pet food treats. That I'm positive of. I learned the hard way research is key for your pets health and pocket book.

Just an Fyi, Something else I learned aftewards during my research. The cheap Chinese supplement industries forced the US dog supplement makers out of business. Most dog/cat food makers do not produce their own supplements/vitamins added to their pet foods. Those supplements are comming from China and their is little oversight if any over the Chinese supplements. Testing is non existent from reports I have read..

Chinese brand X pet food kills or makes one's pet sick. It may have actually been the added supplements/vitamins that were the culprit.

Example and bigger picture is 5-10 other brand pet foods even ones claiming to be US made were using the same batch of supplements/vitamins. After all of this I notice a lot of a certain companies premier brands all say packaged in Phoenix. The entire contents come in from China in bulk. I had thought brand I was using used to say made in USA and had flag. I looked afterward and all that companies brands have same packaged in Phonix. A year or so later, a friend said they use same compat but their new brand and its made in USA. They were trying trying to recommend it after hearing our experience. Um no, they won't even acknowledge their was an issue and two, I'm betting in a year it will be made same place the rest of their products are.

Unkess things have changed, since I did my research only 2 pet food companies in US have facilities where they make their own supplements/vitamins. They don't sell to any other pet food companies either.

Last edited:
try Oinkies. think they are made by Hartz. they are basically baked pigskin bones. my dogs love them.

I get my cats' food straight from my vet. I'll have to check the US/China thing. I thought I was being safe.

My friend bought real bones from a butcher that was cut down to size for dogs. His dogs loved them, but if he didn't take them away after a few hours, they would eat the whole thing, then poop this horrendous smelling grey poop.

They were also freezable and cheap.

Not sure about rawhide, sorry. I haven't owned my own dog in years.

Try deer antlers instead of rawhides. They clean teeth better, last longer. Find them on ebay cheap. Most dogs love them; some dogs don't care for them.

A lot of us are meticulous with being as natural with our diet as possible....but feed our pets nothing like they would eat naturally. Bone and antlers are natural...cured hide isn't something they would ever encounter.

All my animals ate a home made diet. If this is not something that you can do. Foods from Solid Gold or Inova are some of the best, while foods most vets recommend are poorly made and vets are educated about nutrition from these pet food companies. Some even pay for their education.

Try deer antlers instead of rawhides. They clean teeth better, last longer. Find them on ebay cheap. Most dogs love them; some dogs don't care for them.

these are great also. if you go to like a fair (something like the Big E), whenever we go we get our dogs these big cow leg thigh bones. those last months. they love them. you could probably find them on amazon or something.

I only give my dogs natural pressed hides so they're not swallowing the big chunks most dogs do when they eat ur common types of rawhide

I have to watch my dogs when I give them rawhides. They tend to eat them so fast and swallow them, and then they get stuck in their throats. Then the worst part is trying to get them out.. They have to be a certain kind, some of them dont digest well.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws