over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dipping and Bodybuilding

Diet Coke

Registered
Are there many guys on here that dip?
It's a nasty habit and I still can't believe I fell for it years ago.
As everyone knows it's very addictive...it always bothers me I do this to stay healthy ..diets and supps ..but put something so nasty in my body.
I recently changed to swedish snus after trying to quit copenhagen and the snus is twice as effective/addcitive.
I switched after reading this - https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/why-is-snus-considered-safer-than-dipping.65333/

For those who have quit I know it is or was not easy. I really want to but it is hard to give in. I have tried all kinds of non nicotine snuff and pouches but it didn't work.

Worried about the effect on gums teeth and blood pressure and nicotine and heart rate. Recent trip to dentist revealed my oral health is excellent, I sometimes wish it wasn't to give another reason to quit.

but I guess the bottom line is you have to really WANT to quit, as the many hours I have read and searched on the smokeless tobacco forums revealed that as the overwhelming answer.

I started wellbutrin this winter and immediately noticed that it killed the positive effects from the snus, and all that was left was the nasty taste and I stopped in less than one week.

Problem was the wellbutrin shot my blood pressure sky high and kept me up at night so doc took me off it. My sister stopped smoking with chantix but it had terrible side effects.

Anyone else in the same boat??

Last edited:
Your physique wont be the thing that draws attention when this happens. That is if you live as 250.000 Americans die each year due to chewing tobacco Induced disease.

I dipped for 17 years and know how hard it is to quite. I finally stopped when my daughter was born. My doctor said he would rather have me chew the gum for life as that wont do the damage tobacco would(not good but lesser of the two evils). I chewed that gum like a madman!! I ordered 1000 pieces at a time from someone on EBay. I think it was just over a year of the gum and I made an attempt to stop the gum and did.

Well, went on vacation with some friends I played ball(reason for starting) with and relapsed. Got home, ordered more gum and started again!!
Haven't chewed/dipped in 10 years.

Make the decision and stop brother!! good luck

Attachments

• pas_tobacco033112a_216622a_8col.jpg
    pas_tobacco033112a_216622a_8col.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 4,659
Last edited:
Agreed with the above I was a former dipper myself for about eight years l.. You need to have the desire to quit. Imo the best way to quit is just to go for it cold turkey

my friend at the gym chews got mouth cancer 2 tumors maligment its not worth it its not good for building muscle either

I've been chewing forever. I tried to quit recently and got stressed with something and started back up. Gathering my wits and giving it another go soon. I don't have any serious issues yet but it's definitely not something I want.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Your physique wont be the thing that draws attention when this happens. That is if you live as 250.000 Americans die each year due to chewing tobacco Induced disease.

I dipped for 17 years and know how hard it is to quite. I finally stopped when my daughter was born. My doctor said he would rather have me chew the gum for life as that wont do the damage tobacco would(not good but lesser of the two evils). I chewed that gum like a madman!! I ordered 1000 pieces at a time from someone on EBay. I think it was just over a year of the gum and I made an attempt to stop the gum and did.

Well, went on vacation with some friends I played ball(reason for starting) with and relapsed. Got home, ordered more gum and started again!!

Haven't chewed/dipped in 10 years.

Make the decision and stop brother!! good luck

God this pic really makes me want to quit. I quit for years and then stared back up again. I honestly enjoy it but know how bad for my health it is and that scares me. I don't want to lose my jaw. I don't know why it's so much harder this time to quit. Last time I just stopped. No problem.

again . . .

I just don’t get it. Bodybuilders here have the discipline to diet, take dietary drugs, do steroids, site enhancements, bla,
bla, bla, sometimes all at the same time . . . and some can’t pony up the will power to walk away from chewing tobacco?

Give me a break.

I dipped Copenhagen steadily from 1969 until 2014 (you do the math) and I just walked away from it. Boom. Done. Finished.
Cold turkey. Never thought about it since. Zero withdrawals (a learned behavior in my opinion). And I did anywhere from a
can a day to a can every 5 days for all those years. I don’t miss it, I don’t think about it. Just put it out of your mind. Forget
about it. It’s done, over. You can’t go back. Many have the desire to quit, you just lack the will . . . or better said, you have
the will, you are just are not using it. Wrap your brain around it and move on. You don’t need drugs to stop drugs. Sheeezzzz . . .

If I can do it, anybody can do it. And I am the biggest wimp on the planet earth.

I just don’t get it. Bodybuilders here have the discipline to diet, take dietary drugs, do steroids, site enhancements, bla,

bla, bla, sometimes all at the same time . . . and some can’t pony up the will power to walk away from chewing tobacco?

Give me a break.

I dipped Copenhagen steadily from 1969 until 2014 (you do the math) and I just walked away from it. Boom. Done. Finished.

Cold turkey. Never thought about it since. Zero withdrawals (a learned behavior in my opinion). And I did anywhere from a

can a day to a can every 5 days for all those years. I don’t miss it, I don’t think about it. Just put it out of your mind. Forget

about it. It’s done, over. You can’t go back. Many have the desire to quit, you just lack the will . . . or better said, you have

the will, you are just are not using it. Wrap your brain around it and move on. You don’t need drugs to stop drugs. Sheeezzzz . . .

If I can do it, anybody can do it. And I am the biggest wimp on the planet earth.

Like I said. I really enjoy it. It's more of I should quit thing than a I want to quit. I know the consequences and why take the chance? Just not worth it. Some people struggle a little more with some things than others. I kicked a terrible opioid habit years ago cold turkey. Sick as dog and thought I was going to die but I did it. That I truly wanted to do. I think that is the big difference in why people struggle. Quitting a habit because someone else wants you to is pretty much doomed from the start. You have to genuinely want to quit. Anyone can achieve anything as long as the want and will is there.

I don't dip but smoke cigarettes. Tried to quit multiple times without success. The people I know that quit successfully did it cold turkey. A couple did it with chantix.

I love Swedish snus. It's great and very under appreciated. I believe the carcinogenic profile is vastly lower because it is pasteurized, not fire cured like american tobacco. Odens Extreme Cold Dry portions two or three times a day and I'm a happy camper.

Give me a break.

This says it all......its not you don't have the will power its your choosing not to use it.......I bow to no one and I'm damn sure not bowing to a can of worm dirt.....and yes I have chewed.....but I quit when I decided I was done there was no debate ......just make the choice and stand behind your choice come hell or high water without exception.....

Good luck

I quit between 5-10 yhears ago. Still when I smell cope I could eat a can. I miss it. Almost think about it every day. Like everyone else said you have got to want to do it. Sticking to a diet is harder for me then quiting.

I dipped for about 10yrs. One day I just threw the can in the trash and that was it. Now I have braces so even if I wanted to go back to dipping it would be quite difficult. Don't even get the urge anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there many guys on here that dip?
It's a nasty habit and I still can't believe I fell for it years ago.
As everyone knows it's very addictive...it always bothers me I do this to stay healthy ..diets and supps ..but put something so nasty in my body.
I recently changed to swedish snus after trying to quit copenhagen and the snus is twice as effective/addcitive.
I switched after reading this - https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/why-is-snus-considered-safer-than-dipping.65333/

For those who have quit I know it is or was not easy. I really want to but it is hard to give in. I have tried all kinds of non nicotine snuff and pouches but it didn't work.

Worried about the effect on gums teeth and blood pressure and nicotine and heart rate. Recent trip to dentist revealed my oral health is excellent, I sometimes wish it wasn't to give another reason to quit.

but I guess the bottom line is you have to really WANT to quit, as the many hours I have read and searched on the smokeless tobacco forums revealed that as the overwhelming answer.

I started wellbutrin this winter and immediately noticed that it killed the positive effects from the snus, and all that was left was the nasty taste and I stopped in less than one week.

Problem was the wellbutrin shot my blood pressure sky high and kept me up at night so doc took me off it. My sister stopped smoking with chantix but it had terrible side effects.

Anyone else in the same boat??

Hey bro,
I just quit chewing for the tenth time, lol, a few months back. The key for me was chewing a shit load of gum. It's an oral fixation and to this day I go thru lots and lots of gum. But, I couldn't do the Nicoret gum because it was trading a habit for a habit and it never worked out in the end. Just stuck to regular mento gum( try it it's awesome) . You have to really change your thought process, when you get a craving you have to tell yourself it's just the addiction and don't fall for it's trap. The cravings only last a few minutes or even seconds if you don't give in to them and start thinking about the do. The key is to teach yourself to go for the gum when you need dip. Pretty soon you will just think about the gum and your mind will still crave something but it won't be the silent killer that tobacco is. Good luck and I hope this helped in some way.

Look in to TABEX. I am not sure for your dipping but it was the only thing that helped me stop smoking. Tobacco cravings were GONE in a week. Hope you woop it it bro.

i keep clicking on this thinking we're about to discuss the effectiveness of the exercise dips not the tobacco product lol. wtf dude, just ditch it... i used to smoke for years and then one day something became more important and I never looked back once. I used to drink good scotch until i started lifting, now this is more important and it's not like i have something against drinking but i just won't sacrifice the next day's energy in the gym for a glass of scotch.

shit is not good for you and will likely lead to something real bad, nobody else is gonna be able to give you a more truthful answer...

I chewed Cop for 30 years and was using a can and a half a day.
I had a few cancer scares but didn't stop, I loved it. If I was awake I was dipping but knew I needed to quit. I had to do the math at $5.00 a can I was spending over $2,500.00 a year. That pissed me off enough to spend money on Nicolette gum and regular gum.
I had to go to Vegas on business for 4 days so when I was at the airport flying out I throw my can in the trash and flew to Vegas and haven't chewed since.
I think it's been 5 plus years! Good luck

I chewed Cop for 30 years and was using a can and a half a day.
I had a few cancer scares but didn't stop, I loved it. If I was awake I was dipping but knew I needed to quit. I had to do the math at $5.00 a can I was spending over $2,500.00 a year. That pissed me off enough to spend money on Nicolette gum and regular gum.
I had to go to Vegas on business for 4 days so when I was at the airport flying out I throw my can in the trash and flew to Vegas and haven't chewed since.
I think it's been 5 plus years! Good luck

yea, for me it was similar with smoking when i was younger. the whole try to quit with gum and tricks never worked for me it was just one day I made a decision that I had no interest in doing it anymore (for me it was my then fiance, now my wife, saying she didn't want to marry a smoker) I threw my pack out the window then and haven't smoked since... I don't regret it at all and would still do anything for her :)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear