over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dips...?? Anyone swear by them?

kdaddy2

Registered
Just wondering if many people use dips as a regular in their chest workout... I have avoided them since my shoulder injury years back. I lived on these in my younger years. I remember taking bathroom breaks in High school and cranking out a few sets of them from the tops of the bathroom stalls:headbang: .....then going back to class with my sleeves all rolled up and shit...lol They just seem to feel rough on my shoulders nowadays

Just wondering if many people use dips as a regular in their chest workout... I have avoided them since my shoulder injury years back. I lived on these in my younger years. I remember taking bathroom breaks in High school and cranking out a few sets of them from the tops of the bathroom stalls:headbang: .....then going back to class with my sleeves all rolled up and shit...lol They just seem to feel rough on my shoulders nowadays

Yes! I do weighted dips almost every time out...4 sets each til failure. Dips and wide pushups really helped widen my chest...no bullshit.

I did a few sets last night and it didn't feel too bad (post heavy benching workout) I think I need to change up my grip a little..... maybe wider

I love weighted dips but I recently switched gyms and my new gym's dip bar is one of those dip/pullup combos and I hate those because they move around, there's no stability!

yes bro, without a doubt weighted dips are the way forward for chest....grip slightly wider than shoulders, lean forward and watch your chest grow :headbang:

I do them every other chest workout. I love them.
Judging by your avatar the dips you did in school have held up well! jk ;)

Love dips! One of my favorite applications of chest dips is to add it into my chest workouts whenever I hit a sticking point or plateau with my bench press. For some reason this exercise allows me to strengthen my chest enough to push through sticking points with ease.

i need to get this; i suffer from baby chest syndrome lol. someone on here not too long ago though was swearing by push ups, said they started adding them at the end of workouts (like 2 sets of reg to failure and 2 sets on abench to failure) and after years of little to no progress noticed huge gains in terms of growth. guess its different for everyone though. every time i do dips tho i feel like it hurts the middle of my ribcage when i push up. is that normal. kind of like a pinching feeling, and no, not referring to the muscle

I try adding dips to my routine bout once a month i just feel them alot in my front delts more than my chest.

what kind of form do you guys use?

love em,great way to increase bench press."weighted dips,and lockouts.

lockouts being on a power rack and lock the bar in the bench press position at the point of swithch over and press as hard as you can and hold for 30 seconds 3 sets.

Last edited:
I try adding dips to my routine bout once a month i just feel them alot in my front delts more than my chest.

focus more on the bowing out of arms and let the chest do the work.not like a close grip where you would tuck elbows.try it and let us know.peace

Wide grip, hands rotated a little bit so the palms are facing more towards the back. Lean forward, chin on chest.

I messed around with depth, I found going too low in an effort to stretch the pecs only resulted in more delt involvement.

No locking out, continuous tension.

Wide grip, hands rotated a little bit so the palms are facing more towards the back. Lean forward, chin on chest.

I messed around with depth, I found going too low in an effort to stretch the pecs only resulted in more delt involvement.

No locking out, continuous tension.

:yeahthat:

I am a big believer in dips for chest...I try to do as many functional type exercises as I can (I rarely use any machines) and dips and pushups are a primary part of every chest workout and have been for about 2 years. Chest never looked better...not sure if it's in part due to dips or not but I have been using them a LOT more. Only body weight though this last year...trying to protect shoulders...don't bench heavy either.

I think we tend to neglect exercises using your own body weight.... Dips and Pullups I swear by.

It tried some of these suggestions today with a few sets of dips. Wider grip and leaning slightly forward. I kept a nice bow at my elbows and really focused on my chest motion... They will be a part of every chest workout from this point forward :lightbulb:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear