over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dips... opinions on using them for the chest

Being a Phil Hernon fan......anytime you move your body through a plane it is the most effective muscle builder and training.

Squats > leg press
Pull ups > pull downs
Pushups/dips > bench press/flys

And when you move through a more natural plane of motion, you're much less injury prone.

Being a Phil Hernon fan......anytime you move your body through a plane it is the most effective muscle builder and training.

Squats > leg press
Pull ups > pull downs

I will not dispute anything about that, great advice.
It took a few weeks to build up but now body weight is too easy so the weight belt is being used

And when you move through a more natural plane of motion, you're much less injury prone.
Yes that’s so true brother, can’t agree anymore on that

I will not dispute anything about that, great advice.
It took a few weeks to build up but now body weight is too easy so the weight belt is being used
Ive been doing dips with my legs in a " L" position out front and also with my knees tucked to my chest super set with the standard dips. Plus plate carrier added recently.

I have this neck injury from a long time ago that randomly likes to present itself.

Anyone familiar with those muscles that go up the back of the neck and over the base of the skull. Like if you run your hand up the back of your neck when you get to the bony base of your skull press down. There's muscles on the left and right side. I screwed them up when i was a teenager squatting and they must have never healed properly.

Dips are for whatever reason the one excercise that seriously pisses these muscles off on me.

When they act up its brutal. It feels like a massive headache in the back of my neck. Cant turn my head to left or right. Any type of internal pressure makes that pain ten times worse (think taking a shit or bracing your core). No position is comfortable.

Sucks because dips are one of my favorite excercises of all time. I like close grip while leaning forward a bit. It is kind of like a close grip bench press.

Prob stupid question but do you try to re position your neck while doing dips? like looking down / up vice versa. reason why i ask is cause of got my share of injuries over the years and ive adjusted positions to defeat most of the pain associated with them in order to preform the diff sets.

Prob stupid question but do you try to re position your neck while doing dips? like looking down / up vice versa. reason why i ask is cause of got my share of injuries over the years and ive adjusted positions to defeat most of the pain associated with them in order to preform the diff sets.

Weird you say this, if I'm doing dips for triceps, I'm leaning more forward and concentrating on a spot on the floor in front of me, so I'm looking down. For chest, I'm more upright and looking more or less straight ahead. This feels like a much more comfortable angle for my neck.

Weird you say this, if I'm doing dips for triceps, I'm leaning more forward and concentrating on a spot on the floor in front of me, so I'm looking down. For chest, I'm more upright and looking more or less straight ahead. This feels like a much more comfortable angle for my neck.
Its whats works for you in order to preform and achieve your desired results. Im nobody, but ive served , been around real deal tier 1 beasts for well over 15 years. Ive learned that they will all adjust to get the results. Cycles, diet, routines, adjust to what works best for you. Try diff things, keep an open mind set. All of us whos been training a considerable amount of years have issues, the real deal guys will overcome them, adjust, .

Squats > leg press
Pull ups > pull downs

why is that though.. the muscles only know tension..

why is that though.. the muscles only know tension..

the muscles know tension but the overall muscle growth stimulating effect from the nervous system from moving your torso through space creates a greater anabolic response than simply moving your limbs through space, neuromuscular activation of the highest order, so to speak

Dips were great................until about early 30's. Not so friendly on the joints after that but it most likely depends on your personal level of joint integrity.

I did love strapping on a 45 plate or 2 and ripping them out back in the day!
Mam I remember back in the days I rep them out with 3 45 plates on my belt and get the biggest pump out of any other excercises. But like you said age and joint took that out of my agenda years ago now I just do them with just body weight and still my joint kill me but I do them.some days the pain is to much so I switch to the machine one that you put weights on

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131