over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dips Technique

Matt007

Registered
Hi All
Can anyone point me to a thread outlining correct or 'good' dips technique for chest? I'm doing them but would like to learn some more about people's experiences with them etc. Dips and Declines are my primary chest movements, although only since starting with Phil :)

Thanks!

Hi All
Can anyone point me to a thread outlining correct or 'good' dips technique for chest? I'm doing them but would like to learn some more about people's experiences with them etc. Dips and Declines are my primary chest movements, although only since starting with Phil :)

Thanks!

I agree with Phil, To me dips will build your chest up fast, especially when you use weights. Make sure you lean forward slightly, to put the emphasis on chest, going down slowly to get a good stretch. You might want to have someone show you at your gym that does them. Stay with them, you will notice a difference.

Thanks Pesty, Yeah I love 'em.. no issues with me doing them, my last rotation got up to just under 3 plates around my waist for 5 so was happy with that..really noticed a difference in my chest, shoulders and tris both size and strength wise.... just getting over a forearm injury so can add them back in now and really want ot get my money's worth!

Cheers,
Matt

Great form but I've never seen anyone wrap the dip bars before...or is just a mental unblock thing?

Yeah I was going to ask about that one? Although one of my biggest mental things with dips is slipping off the bar so wraps actually sound like a good idea...

dips are ideal for chest. I generally go real deep then dont fully go back up that way there is no resting and not as much delt and tricep coming into play. also I do them with weight hanging from my neck. I know it seems dangerous and ackward but trust me it will hit the chest hard. I saw branch warren doing them and started doing them the last yr. unbelievable it brings u into a perfect position (forces you to lean forward). and I have found that adding weight actually makes me lean forward much more then I was able to without. sometimes I have 3 plates for a heavy 5 rep set and my body is so forward my body is almost parellel to the floor.
there are also some good dip machines that imitate the chest motion but there rare to find. only seen 2 gyms with real good ones.

Wrist wraps?

I would say that for me, it's not so much a "lean forward" as it is trying to form a "c" shape with your body. That's an exaggerated way of describing the movement, but I think the idea is there.

Thank you for the kind comments. The wrist wraps on the first rest pause were to ensure that my hands didn't slip as I went along. I have been on dip bars where it gets hard to keep correct hand position. In this case, I found that it wasn't so much of a problem and so I didn't use them on the subsequent rp.

I too have seen the video where branch warren uses chains and was intrigued even tried to put my dip belt on my neck....failure).

Captain beefcake, i will try your suggestion next time dips come up in my rotation and try to remember to post my impressions.

You guys ever get pains in your forearms from dips??? When I get up to 3-4 45's (I use plates instead of dumbells on my dip belt) my forearms are killing me. I have small joints so I guess I can attribute some of that to the pain, and couple that with the platform I use is basically steel pipe. But I have to use either wrist wraps or small towels and wrap around the tubing so they will not hurt so much...

Chin down, elbows out for chest. Chin up, elbows in for tris.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws