advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Disc Surgery, how long after can I SARM cycle?

professional7777

Newbies
I have had herniated L4-L5 and L5-S1 discs for over 4 years now. I have tried most all non-operative therapies and it has gotten progressively worse. I am heading in for Laminotomy/Discectomy surgery soon. I am at the point that I can not exercise at all and I am praying the surgery will give me relief.

Does anyone know how long after surgery I can run a SARM cycle? I will probably run an 8 week Osta, S4 and GW cycle to help me get back in shape. I am thinking I would start 4 weeks after surgery once everything is healed up. Thoughts?

I think that is going to be entirely dependent on the rate at which you recover. Listen to your body and wait until you and your doctors clear you for exercise. I would also hold off on using any PED other than maybe some peptides or GH for healing reasons until you hit a plateau. Your strength will return quickly once you are healthy without SARMs or AAS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had herniated L4-L5 and L5-S1 discs for over 4 years now. I have tried most all non-operative therapies and it has gotten progressively worse. I am heading in for Laminotomy/Discectomy surgery soon. I am at the point that I can not exercise at all and I am praying the surgery will give me relief.

Does anyone know how long after surgery I can run a SARM cycle? I will probably run an 8 week Osta, S4 and GW cycle to help me get back in shape. I am thinking I would start 4 weeks after surgery once everything is healed up. Thoughts?

Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Apologies, I do not have the answers to your questions, just want to bring something to your attention prior to your procedure. I have a L4-L5 herniation that they want to operate on. I refuse to have surgery because I get Keloid scars, and there is a distinct chance the extra scar tissue would put more pressure on the nerves after surgery than the actual herniated disc itself. The chances that this is applies to you is slim, but worth mentioning if you are after pain relief.

Started my gh the exact day after my l4-l5 microdiscectomy for herniated, ruptured, fragmented disc which found its way lodged into my spinal column. (Immediately rushed to surgery a week after the initial incident, the longer you wait on stuff like this when it is nerve related, the less chance you have for a full recovery)

Was back on a treadmill 2 wks later. Light therapy/rehab 4 wks after. Light weights roughly 6 wks after. Back to my old self roughly 3 months post op (was able to start flexion/move into heavier weights) Takes roughly 3 months for the scar tissue to fill in.

If you can afford gh, I highly recommend it over any sarm cycle. Was on test the entire time, started blasting AAS around week 8 or 9 I believe.

Best of luck with the surgery man. Honestly the best decision I ever made, even though I personally had no choice but to have the surgery if I ever wanted to walk again lol.

If your taking pain meds chances are your T levels are in the gutter. Just my two cents. if my body was still in process of healing itself I wouldn't take anything that was going to kill my T levels even further. I didn't find out till months after my last surgery about my T levels being tanked from meds. Same area injured as you. I often wonder if that low T didn't have something to do with the way things healed. I'm now looking into what may aid in healing for my next procedure. T levels I don't have to worry about since I'm on trt now.

That's just food for thought.

Good luck. Sadly, I can say I feel your pain and frustration with a spinal injury. Just an FYI if that next procedure doesn't fix issue or things seem to get worse. I'd look into a doc who will see if you have scar tissue wrapping itself around the neves from injury and or surgeries to fix spine. Out of all the docs I had, and all the trouble shooting done. 5 plus years and finally the last doc actually troubled shot what was going on. Not once did previous docs mention scar tissue. I know several people who have had very good luck with procedure your going to have though. Mine were much more invasive.

had same procedure done started lifting and other activities 6-8 weeks after

If your taking pain meds chances are your T levels are in the gutter. Just my two cents. if my body was still in process of healing itself I wouldn't take anything that was going to kill my T levels even further. I didn't find out till months after my last surgery about my T levels being tanked from meds. Same area injured as you. I often wonder if that low T didn't have something to do with the way things healed. I'm now looking into what may aid in healing for my next procedure. T levels I don't have to worry about since I'm on trt now.

That's just food for thought.

Good luck. Sadly, I can say I feel your pain and frustration with a spinal injury. Just an FYI if that next procedure doesn't fix issue or things seem to get worse. I'd look into a doc who will see if you have scar tissue wrapping itself around the neves from injury and or surgeries to fix spine. Out of all the docs I had, and all the trouble shooting done. 5 plus years and finally the last doc actually troubled shot what was going on. Not once did previous docs mention scar tissue. I know several people who have had very good luck with procedure your going to have though. Mine were much more invasive.

Good info, thanks. I had no idea pain meds would kill T levels. I actually hate Opiate pain meds and only take them when absolutely necessary. I tried one of the neuro pain meds for 7 days and couldn't stand the side effects so I stopped it. This crap was awful! Corticosteroids don't work anymore so I am only taking ibuprofen and that doesn't really do anything either. I assume ibuprofen has no effect on T levels, does it?

Nope, you should be fine. Opiates.. There are articles written about it but I didn't save any of them. They also say stress lowers T levels.
I've know a lot of people who said the surgery your getting was a life changer. Sadly, I wasn't a candidate because of damage.. Before I wold ever consider a fusion I would find the best pain doc in my area. Not the prescription med happy ones. The ones who actually do surgery. They provide some other options. But, most I know that had your surgery were more then likely that's all they need to the ones who have dengertaive disks it bought them 5 plus years before having to worry about taking things to the next level.

I just had a 3 level fusion in my neck. I healed very quickly and I was cleared to return to the gym 3 1/2 weeks after. The lumbar is much more delicate I've been told. Personally I'd wait until your Dr does X-rays to check the progress of the fusion before you start anything in the gym. Elevated test levels help you heal quicker so I got back on HRT Immediately after surgery. I probably shouldn't have stopped 4 months prior.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131